What Are You Listening To Now?

Saw Spear of Destiny & SLF last night.

Kirk Brandon hasn't aged a bit and still has an incredible voice. Burns may have got fat and dyed his hair but he still has every ounce of bollocks he was born with - and a superbly crafted damnation of Nick Griffen...and the twats next to me who cheered the mention of their hero's name. I laughed out loud.

Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Lonnie Donegan - My Old Man's a Dustman
Beatles - You Really Got a Hold On Me
Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
The Beatles -Maxwell's Silver Hammer
McCoys - Hang on Sloopy
Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
Harry J All Stars - The Liquidator
David Bowie- Space Oddity
Marvin Gaye - Abraham, Martin and John

Last edited:
Jens Lekman - Oh You're So Silent Jens.

Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
Lonnie Donegan - My Old Man's a Dustman
Beatles - You Really Got a Hold On Me
Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
The Beatles -Maxwell's Silver Hammer
McCoys - Hang on Sloopy p
Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
Harry J All Stars - The Liquidator
David Bowie- Space Oddity
Marvin Gaye - Abraham, Martin and John

Doing my Ten songs from the 60's on my mates Radio Show now.
Its on RedroadFM 102.4.

Jersey Budd - The Blind Man
Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God
Black Eyed Peas - The Best One Yet (The Boy)
Bronski Beat - Why
Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy
Alvin Stardust - Jealous Mind
X-Ray Spex - Identity
Sharleen Spiteri - I'm Going To Haunt You
Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
Hazel O'Connor - Eighth Day

Lucky Soul - A Coming of Age.

I love this album, reminds me of Camera Obscura at their best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talulah Gosh - Talulah Gosh.

:icon_bigg I really like that one, cheers, Swede.
Just out of interest, do you have a preference when it comes to male/female voices? Whenever I try to make a playlist of my favourite songs I end up with 9 out of 10 being deep, soft, male voices like Cohen etc. I worry I might come across as slighty misogynic... :icon_razz

Just out of interest, do you have a preference when it comes to male/female voices? Whenever I try to make a playlist of my favourite songs I end up with 9 out of 10 being deep, soft, male voices like Cohen etc. I worry I might come across as slighty misogynic... :icon_razz

It depends, Swede. I wouldn't say I would have one huge perfence i.e. I definitely prefer one over the other, but I do think I have a preference with a particular feel of the music.

For more upbeat music I prefer either female voices or higher pitched and generally more effeminate male voice (e.g. Stuart Murdoch), but for more downbeat stuff I prefer deeper male voices or deeper more masculine female voices (e.g. Nico).

There are loads of exceptions of course, but that's just what I find I tend to enjoy most if we are generalising.

As for Cohen, his voice fits his music perfectly, always loved him as a singer.

Last edited:
P!nk - Family Portrait
Eminem - Just Lose It
Eminem - Encore
Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3
Girls Aloud - Turn to Stone
Will Young - Light My Fire
Electric Light Orchestra - Showdown
Hawkwind - Silver Machine
Lee Marvin - Wandering Star
Darts - I Drove All Night

It simply has to be this year - I've been waiting so long for the **** to cease breathing. Considering I've lost a number of fantastic people, dear friends, over the last year it just doesn't seem right that this bitch continues to draw breath.

It simply has to be this year - I've been waiting so long for the **** to cease breathing. Considering I've lost a number of fantastic people, dear friends, over the last year it just doesn't seem right that this bitch continues to draw breath.

We can but only hope, Mawsley.

Actually, just getting into Hefner atm, apparently John Peel was a huge fan of theirs.

This one is awesome too:

I'm working my way through some of Youtube's Goth classics - that's proper Goth and not the arsewank which claims itself to be Goth these days.

[video=youtube_share;XsTJXRkadJI]http://youtu.be/XsTJXRkadJI[/video]

For people who were around at the time and who felt affected, they are entitled to their opinion I suppose. But what makes me really despair is when people who are too young to have been around at the time get so heated about Margaret Thatcher simply because it is 'trendy' to do so.

Obviously this doesn't apply to you Mawsley because you are obviously an old **** who would have been around at the time :icon_wink

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663