What Are You Listening To Now?

This isn't me but it could easily be me. Music died 20 years ago. All that's left is piss poor parodies.

As was predicted almost 2 decades ago, we have become the first generation to criticise the music that succeeded us for being too bland & dull as opposed to being too extreme & outrageous. Role reversal. There will always be music, both good & bad. But it no longer matters as a cultural force.

Rock & Roll & the offshoots of it that defined generations, was a 20th century phenomenon. We are now almost a quarter of the way through the next century. It lasted roughly as long as the lifespan of the men & women who originated it.

Young people are priced out, as both audiences & participants, unless you're talking about the various hiphop genres & even then there isn't much money to be made unless you get to the stage where you can move beyond music into other fields. Hence they turn to other forms of entertainment like video games, youtube channels etc.

For my part i'll just remember & be grateful that i was born in an era when the biggest & best bands in the country (or indeed the world) could be seen live for prices I could afford to pay from the proceeds of a Saturday job & only a bus ride from my house. Those times will never come again...& absolutely nobody saw this future coming.

Some excellent tunes just posted. 16 Again is, for me, an absolute wonder. I heard Pete Shelley do a solo acoustic version once - I so wish I could find a recording.

I heard a chap on the radio say something (in praise) about the guitar solo in this. That's not a guitar solo! (even if it is great)
The whole song is great (IMO). Proper pop single. 2 min long.

I heard a chap on the radio say something (in praise) about the guitar solo in this. That's not a guitar solo! (even if it is great)
The whole song is great (IMO). Proper pop single. 2 min long.

Good god.

Girls still dressed a lot like that when I started getting interested. One of them actually looks like my first proper girlfriend. Feel old now.

Good god.

Girls still dressed a lot like that when I started getting interested. One of them actually looks like my first proper girlfriend. Feel old now.
The reason I chose this particular YouTube rendition of the song was for the visual delight.
They don't make them like that no more.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463