What have you been to see live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the Rescue Rooms are shit. Only five people get to see what's going on, everyone else looks at a pillar or someone else's head. Much prefer Rock City.

...except I prefer The Roadmender, Northampton Irish and Northampton Labour over all the rest.

Think the Rescue Rooms are shit. Only five people get to see what's going on, everyone else looks at a pillar or someone else's head. Much prefer Rock City.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brixton Academy was my favourite little big venue. With its sloping floor everyone gets to see people losing their cellphones on the floor because they got bumped for trying to video the gig in front of someone's face.

Brixton Academy was my favourite little big venue. With its sloping floor everyone gets to see people losing their cellphones on the floor because they got bumped for trying to video the gig in front of someone's face.

I agree, cracking venue.

One of the best venues i've been to is sadly no more, the Astoria. Saw Nine Inch Nails there in 2005, plus a few other bands around that time.

Steve Hackett doing the Genesis Revisited show. Absolutely incredible concert!!! Call me a boring old fart if you like, but it was truly amazing to see all those Genesis Gabriel era songs being played live. Stunned!! Won't be easy to sleep tonight

Steve Hackett doing the Genesis Revisited show. Absolutely incredible concert!!! Call me a boring old fart if you like, but it was truly amazing to see all those Genesis Gabriel era songs being played live. Stunned!! Won't be easy to sleep tonight

You're a boring old fart.

My parents saw him in Birmingham last week. My mum said it was "awesome".

Off to the Emirates today to see Green Day. Should be a good day.

(Except that the tube stations are shut for up to 90 minutes after the end of the gig so that could be interesting getting back to Euston in time for the train home!!)

(Except that the tube stations are shut for up to 90 minutes after the end of the gig so that could be interesting getting back to Euston in time for the train home!!)
Something something Green Day something something nice day something not so very funny day day...

They were fantastic at MK bowl a few years ago. Don't know if his being back on drugs will help or hinder to be honest. Uno, dos, tre was very good though.

I don't know if you can access this, SJN, but it's about a 15 minutes walk to Finsbury Park station - you can get an overground train from there to London King's Cross - it's about an 8 minute journey, and the trains are quite frequent. Then you can tube it to Euston, or probably quicker, walk along Euston Road - about a 10 minute walk.

Last edited:
I don't know if you can access this, SJN, but it's about a 15 minutes walk to Finsbury Park station - you can get an overground train from there to London King's Cross - it's about an 8 minute journey, and the trains are quite frequent. Then you can tube it to Euston, or probably quicker, walk along Euston Road - about a 10 minute walk.

Thanks RS. We ended up in a long queue that stretched from the stadium to Finsbury Park tube station ... Only that and Arsenal were open. Took 50 minutes to get to the station and then about 15 mins to get on a train. Was able to get the tube straight to Euston and get the last train. Home now after what can only be described as a ****ing brilliant concert. The Emirates is a cracking stadium. The Kaiser Cheifs were superb as were All Time Low and Green Day just blew the place apart. Played for near on two and a half hours. Awesome.

Thanks RS. We ended up in a long queue that stretched from the stadium to Finsbury Park tube station ... Only that and Arsenal were open. Took 50 minutes to get to the station and then about 15 mins to get on a train. Was able to get the tube straight to Euston and get the last train. Home now after what can only be described as a ****ing brilliant concert. The Emirates is a cracking stadium. The Kaiser Cheifs were superb as were All Time Low and Green Day just blew the place apart. Played for near on two and a half hours. Awesome.
Good to hear you enjoyed it. A friend of mine saw Muse at the Emirates last week and had a great time. What did you make of the Emirates as a gig venue?

You could have walked to Euston quicker than that.

This is the madness of London people don't look to see if they can walk places more conveniently than taking a tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566