What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up from watching the State of Play BBC version on DVD for the first time, watched the 1980s Edge of Darkness serial. Enjoyed it but found the ending a little bit unsatisfying - nothing was really achieved in the plot but I guess that was the point. Some cracking cheesy 80s electric guitars though, and a theme tune that made you think of Bergerac.

Mind you a better ending than the one originally planned, which apparently had the main character played by Bob Peck literally turning into a tree on screen.

Looking forward to seeing the Mel Gibson film version now, and am intrigued how it will play out given that the BBC version was so firmly a product of the 80s political backdrop.

Looking forward to seeing the Mel Gibson film version now, and am intrigued how it will play out given that the BBC version was so firmly a product of the 80s political backdrop.

I wouldn't if I were you, shocking film! Admittedly I havnt seen the TV series so maybe I'm missing something, but it was one of the worst films I have seen in some time.

I rate the TV series as one of the finest TV drama series of all time. I have it on DVD and still watch it about once a year. The Eric Clapton score is terrific (IMO) as well.

Rich Hall's The Dirty South. Really interesting look at how the deep south of the US is portrayed in literature, music and films by. Rich Hall is great, very eloquent and funny.

Last edited:
Rich Hall's The Dirty South. Really interesting look at how the deep south of the US is portrayed in literature, music and films by. Rich Hall is great, very eloquent and funny.

When is this on? Rich Hall is a bit of a legend. :icon_bigg

When is this on? Rich Hall is a bit of a legend. :icon_bigg

One off, hour and a half long from the other night. It was on BBC4 and is on the iPlayer now. Rich Hall is perfect, his description of some of novels about stereotypical hicks and dandies had me in tucks.

Coastline Cops on ITV 4 now.

So cliched and typically British, I don't know whether to think it's a spoof or some 'ut.

I was flicking through the channels earlier and quickly moved past that shite. More brain dissolving drivel.

some 'ut.

'summat' is fine in the made up words stakes Hazz, but apostrophe-U-T is meaningless

Currently watching Mitchell and Webb on beeb two

Possibly the worst pile of shit I've seen all year, if not longer

Currently watching Mitchell and Webb on beeb two

Possibly the worst pile of shit I've seen all year, if not longer

Even worse than the last series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690