What is wrong with our club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Newell was obviously interested in coming here, he wouldn't have had two interviews if he wasn't interested. So presumably it was something in the interview that made him change his mind. Maybe we didn't offer enough cash, or couldn't give him what he wanted interms of investment in players, coaches etc.

Maybe the same thing happened with Cotterill - if he'd really wanted the job he'd be here by now.

We should put an end to this uncertainty by telling Rob Kelly he has the job at least until the end of the season.

webmaster said:
Newell was obviously interested in coming here, he wouldn't have had two interviews if he wasn't interested. So presumably it was something in the interview that made him change his mind. Maybe we didn't offer enough cash, or couldn't give him what he wanted interms of investment in players, coaches etc.

Maybe the same thing happened with Cotterill - if he'd really wanted the job he'd be here by now.

We should put an end to this uncertainty by telling Rob Kelly he has the job at least until the end of the season.

LCFC = contract bargaining chip

I think that's the general concensus here webbo, we basically cannot afford a manager - that's desparate IMO. It's very well being prudent but there is no point in being prudent and still failing.

webmaster said:

Well no fecker else wants it..

What we really do not need now is a knee-jerk reaction and a hasty appointment. This is a set-back, but perhaps Newell wants to make sure we're safe from relegation before coming here? I wouldn't be surprised if he was here sooner or later.

webmaster said:
Maybe the uncertainty over which division we will be playing in next season is putting potential managers off? I'm sure if we were guaranteed to stay up, it would b a lot easier to get someone in.

LeeH said:
Maybe the uncertainty over which division we will be playing in next season is putting potential managers off? I'm sure if we were guaranteed to stay up, it would b a lot easier to get someone in.

But Newell knew our league position before coming for two interviews - why did he even talk to us?

Have to agree...

We are obviously not the desired team we were a few seasons back when we could entice the young manager with a bit of ambition....

We should stick with RK and get someone with experience to help him - I'd be happy with The Bald Eagle whatever others may think.

The more managers that turn us down or say say thanks but no thanks the more humiliating and ultimately the more difficult getting a manager becomes.

Can't be very motivating for a young squad of players either...

webmaster said:
But Newell knew our league position before coming for two interviews - why did he even talk to us?

Bloody good point that Webbo' - however he may have discussed an alternative plan with the board? He keeps saying things along the lines of not being 'offered' the job, do you think he was perhaps telling them what he wanted? As in, not now lads, let's do this in the summer?

webmaster said:

Didn't RN Fox (or someone with "inside" info) say something about our negotiators mucking up the Cotterill approach... Suppose the same idiots could have messed up the Newell thing too...

To quote a certain Soft Southern Nancy Boy of a Poster on here

''We're fecked''

webmaster said:
How many people wouldn't want to see what was on offer? Or he might get ignored for being unambitious when another job turns up? Or perhaps he used the situation to kick his bosses up the backside and get what he wants at Luton?

There has been a lot of talk of some "secret plan" at Luton to keep Newell there, and I'm guessing that is what swayed him to stay, rather than anything here.

Personally I think they're holding his family hostage

LeeH said:
How many people wouldn't want to see what was on offer? Or he might get ignored for being unambitious when another job turns up? Or perhaps he used the situation to kick his bosses up the backside and get what he wants at Luton?

The language he used on SSN ws quite bizarre.

He said he had to go to talk to Leicester "...because it would have been rude not to go..."

I have to admit he sounds a strange kind of guy and does not seem to have much charisma or drive but then again how much can you tell from the TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669