Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
To quote a certain Soft Southern Nancy Boy of a Poster on here

''We're fecked''

:icon_razz
We are though!

LeeH said:
How many people wouldn't want to see what was on offer? Or he might get ignored for being unambitious when another job turns up? Or perhaps he used the situation to kick his bosses up the backside and get what he wants at Luton?

LeeH (and earlier Ox Fox) have got it in one. The "greener pastures" threat strategy is used all the time to extract promotion, tenure, or better conditions, from your current employer.

Lets turn this on it's head a bit. MAYBE we had not offered him the job because we were not that impressed with him?
Surely if he came in had a good interview the second talks would have been to offer him the job.
I have performed loads of interviews and usually you can tell straight away which candidates suite the job, yes you call a few back for second interview, but alot of times the one that had that right first impression gets it.

Yes we were interested, but enough to offer him the job???

webmaster said:
But Newell knew our league position before coming for two interviews - why did he even talk to us?

Deliberate or not it certainly seems that LTFC have offered Newell something that he wanted. I agree that enough is enough now, lets give Kelly the reins to the end of the season whatever happens/ Any appointment now is going to look 2nd or 3td best for all concerned.

PS: This is a bit of change of tune as I wanted to pursue our man until we got what we wanted, but that seems to be difficult at the mo.

Hazzman said:
I think Newell has been offered certain things at Luton.

Jaffa Cakes with his 11 0'clock cup of Mellow Birds, free copy of the Luton News every other Thursday and a new bottle of Matey for the team bath.

Ox Fox said:
Jaffa Cakes with his 11 0'clock cup of Mellow Birds, free copy of the Luton News every other Thursday and a new bottle of Matey for the team bath.

Warm water at Luton maybe?

I can see Luton annoucing a new stadium in the next month and a new deal for Newell.

Ox Fox said:

:038: :038: :038::icon_bigg :icon_razz

Chuck T Masala said:
Deliberate or not it certainly seems that LTFC have offered Newell something that he wanted. I agree that enough is enough now, lets give Kelly the reins to the end of the season whatever happens/ Any appointment now is going to look 2nd or 3td best for all concerned.

PS: This is a bit of change of tune as I wanted to pursue our man until we got what we wanted, but that seems to be difficult at the mo.

I think you're right, considering the riot that happened when we were linked with Holloway. We have to appoint the best manager available for the job. I am not sure that there is anyone else available, who would come here and who is a better bet than Rob Kelly.

Give him until the end of the season then, if Leicester are safe in the Championship, we may find the right people are more interested or we may have seen that Kelly is the right person after all.

What is wrong is that we are not the club that we think we are.

Yes we have fantastic facilities and a great stadium, but we are flirting dangerously with relegation. If we were just outside the top six or possibly even mid table, I have no doubt that Newell would have accepted the post.

When you think about it from his perspective he is riding th crest of a wave at Luton. They are going well, and if there is a prospect of a new stadium on the horizon, Newell has the opportunity to take them higher than they have ever gone...thus further establishing and affirming his credentials as a manager.

On the other hand if he came here he would be facing a relegation dogfight, a group of players he has never met, and the possibility of being KO'd by the poisoned chalice that is Leicester City.

From that it is hard to come back. CL will be rebuilding his credibility for years to come.

So my friends, I think it is time we took this dose of reality. We simply aren't who we think we are!

Over to you Rob Kelly (just PRAY that holloway doesn't get the job)!

right, sod it, if there is any mention of the new manager, any rumour whatsoever, the mod's should delete the thread.

Ox Fox said:

........and a daily BJ from Doris (pronounced Dorrice) the Receptionist

No tears from me on this one. Leicester and Luton are both cash strapped clubs. But imo Leicesters longer term future has got room for far greater improvement than Luton. We need a manager who is prepared to take on a big challenge and pull this club back off the floor. Maybe MN wasn't up for it, or maybe he wants to perform in the comfort zone.

I'm disappointed about this but hope Rob Kelly gets the chance now until the end of the season.

Most illuminating for me is that I'm now completely disillusioned by the 'inside info' on the forum! Was I just being naive when I believed the insiders that "Newell was his way, don't worry"? Never again. I now wouldn't be surprised if Holloway did arrive, even if 'insiders' know different.

lesta_jesta said:
just out of interest did anyone predict the arrival of Levein before he arrived?

If I recall a few Scottish forum members mentioned him as a possibility but because of his lack of profile down here he wasn't considered a likely pick by most of us.

Not disappointed meself. People were bigging Newell up on the back of a very impressive start to his management career, but it seems to me that he hass not yet faced a period of adversity - we're better off than two games ago but it is still a daunting task. Kelly seems to have the stomach for it.

Let's all be fair here, if you were Mike Newell you've been at Luton a few years you know everyone there and know the area, you are doing alright in the league with a chance of making the players, you realise Leicester City is a bigger club but you also know its going to be a massive gamble as we are not in the most convincing of positions. Is it worth moving home for etc etc to possibly end up back at square one? No - Newell is obviously not a gambling man and has made the sensible decision.

I say wait til next year, see what league we are in and take it from there, Rob Kelly should stay in charge now til the end of this campaign.. and might I add, be given a nice bonus if he keeps us up...

TornadoShaunUK said:
Let's all be fair here, if you were Mike Newell you've been at Luton a few years you know everyone there and know the area, you are doing alright in the league with a chance of making the players, you realise Leicester City is a bigger club but you also know its going to be a massive gamble as we are not in the most convincing of positions. Is it worth moving home for etc etc to possibly end up back at square one? No - Newell is obviously not a gambling man and has made the sensible decision.

I say wait til next year, see what league we are in and take it from there, Rob Kelly should stay in charge now til the end of this campaign.. and might I add, be given a nice bonus if he keeps us up...

Agree mate, I think those that are calling Newell all kinds of things are unfair. The guy has shown some loyalty that's all, exactly as we asked from MON all those years ago. Whether it's the wrong decision for him we'll find out in due course but I wouldn't begrudge him coming to us at some point again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669