What is wrong with our club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lesta_jesta said:
just out of interest did anyone predict the arrival of Levein before he arrived?

i think the mystical highlander did use his psychic powers on that one

or is it psychotic powers he has???

Mike Newell might be quoted as saying he does not want the job, but has anybody thought that maybe Leicester did not want him. After all an interview is what it is ....an interview.
With all the publicity that has been around, if it came to light that Leicester in fact did not want him, fans and other staff at Luton might look on MN in a bad light. On the other hand if after LCFC had said thanks, but no thanks and agreed for him to give out the statement he did, he would keep face at Luton.

Who goes for a second interview and then turns it down. An interview is mainly for the new employer to suss out what the candidate might really be like. Newell would have known what was on offer in great detail, so coming for the second round of talks shows he wanted the job

Although I am disappointed we have still not appointed a manager I am most certainly not disappointed it isn't going to be Newell.

The board do seem to have behaved completley differently with this appointment compared to that of Levein. IMO you can't predict the boards next move, although I am sure it wont stop you all trying....

Duzza said:
IMO you can't predict the boards next move, although I am sure it wont stop you all trying....

Predicting is easy.

Tim Davies is going to join Chelsea as head of toilet cleaning.

Paul Mace is going to come back as director of directing things, and the first thing he'll do is appoint Barry Pierpoint as manager, with Gilbert Kinch as his assistant. Pierpoint's first signings will be d*nn*s w*s* and Junior Lewis.

Following our relegation Mace will decide the only way to secure our future will be a ground swap with the egg chasers. Supporters will be assured that it will still feel like home - there's no need to worry about the seats at the 'new' ground being the wrong colour, as the team will now be playing in green white and red.

As the new season looms Mace will announce that sales of season tickets have reached almost a hundred, which is very encouraging - so much so that the story will appear in twelve different versions on the official website - with a special limited edition thirteenth version available via a premium rate text number.

Mace then decided he needs to exert his influence on the pitch too, and decides to pick the team for the first match at the Egg credit card bowl. He promotes Pierpoint to pie seller, and brings Graham Rix in as manager. The Junior Foxes get their own area of the ground right next to the home dugout.

The first match at the club's new home gets off to an exciting start, with goalkeeper d*nn*s w*s* being beaten to death by an incensed ginger haired fan, who manages to get into the ground after he realises he was only banned from the Walkers Stadium.

webmaster said:
Predicting is easy.

Tim Davies is going to join Chelsea as head of toilet cleaning.

Paul Mace is going to come back as director of directing things, and the first thing he'll do is appoint Barry Pierpoint as manager, with Gilbert Kinch as his assistant. Pierpoint's first signings will be d*nn*s w*s* and Junior Lewis.

Following our relegation Mace will decide the only way to secure our future will be a ground swap with the egg chasers. Supporters will be assured that it will still feel like home - there's no need to worry about the seats at the 'new' ground being the wrong colour, as the team will now be playing in green white and red.

As the new season looms Mace will announce that sales of season tickets have reached almost a hundred, which is very encouraging - so much so that the story will appear in twelve different versions on the official website - with a special limited edition thirteenth version available via a premium rate text number.

Mace then decided he needs to exert his influence on the pitch too, and decides to pick the team for the first match at the Egg credit card bowl. He promotes Pierpoint to pie seller, and brings Graham Rix in as manager. The Junior Foxes get their own area of the ground right next to the home dugout.

The first match at the club's new home gets off to an exciting start, with goalkeeper d*nn*s w*s* being beaten to death by an incensed ginger haired fan, who manages to get into the ground after he realises he was only banned from the Walkers Stadium.

I think you have just predicted the future Webbo, will this possibility be appearing in the betting section.

lesta_jesta said:
just out of interest did anyone predict the arrival of Levein before he arrived?

glyn said:
If I recall a few Scottish forum members mentioned him as a possibility but because of his lack of profile down here he wasn't considered a likely pick by most of us.

I wonder then if our next manager will arrive in simular circumstances?:102:

Boy Genius said:
Mike Newell might be quoted as saying he does not want the job, but has anybody thought that maybe Leicester did not want him. After all an interview is what it is ....an interview.
With all the publicity that has been around, if it came to light that Leicester in fact did not want him, fans and other staff at Luton might look on MN in a bad light. On the other hand if after LCFC had said thanks, but no thanks and agreed for him to give out the statement he did, he would keep face at Luton.

Who goes for a second interview and then turns it down. An interview is mainly for the new employer to suss out what the candidate might really be like. Newell would have known what was on offer in great detail, so coming for the second round of talks shows he wanted the job

Good post Boy Genius.......A calm responce in turbulent times.

:038: :038:

I think he's turned us down for the same reasons O'Neil stayed with us for so long, ie: the dragging out of the "Don't Go Martin" banners every other month.

Billy Davies anyone? So we can go through all this yet again?

Who spent hours writing about predicted these on this and other boards:

Steve Walsh
Steve Cockeral
Neil Lennon
Mike Newell
Kevin Blackwell
Mike Newell
Dion Dublin
Billy Davies
MON
Bobby Robson
Ian Holloway

Webbo is right, we can't predict it, only by a guess. Is life really that long that we have time to think about all this.

When you have a baby, inevitably the Grandparents will all be saying "I know it's goint to ba Girl", or "It's definetely going to be a boy"

Obviously one of them will be right, but only because of a guess.

Out of interest, if Kelly doesn't get it full term, who is a realistic target? I can't think of anyone else, I don't think allen or davies will come

what about john gorman hes done alright at wycombe and hes been linked with the qpr job :102:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
what about john gorman hes done alright at wycombe and hes been linked with the qpr job :102:

Mine wasn't a suggestion, he'll be at the club today speaking to TD.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Dunc, would it be as manager or to assist Rob Kelly ?

My understanding, and remember this is another 'reliable source', is that he would be the manager but RK would carry on being the main man on the training pitch.

Dunc said:
My understanding, and remember this is another 'reliable source', is that he would be the manager but RK would carry on being the main man on the training pitch.

Mmmmmmmm, not so sure about that one, I would prefer if it were the other way round to be honest. As for the 'reliable source', you are merely passing on what info you have heard, I imagine that the majority of posters on here appreciate the "snippets" being posted, and that you are posting it in good faith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670