What The Opposition Think

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does chandler call everyone boneheads i mean we're all here to say what we think so he should let us all do it it does get a bit repetitive after a while doesnt it

Chandler are you mad biker because you seem to have the same sort of views

Wise decision Slyfox.

Sam, I assure you that I am not MAD BIKER even though we share similar sensible views about LCFC and a certain ex manager.

And er a fickle bonehead is a thick person whose affections, allegiances and loyalties change from one moment to the next.

But of course a fickle bonehead will make you believe 'they are Leicester till they die.'

Bollox.

Sam said:
what is a fickle bonehead anyway

It's a reference to the original rhythm guitar player from the rock band Oasis - Paul 'Bonehead' Arthurs.
Often he enjoyed playing bass and other times he didn't. Hence the term 'Fickle Bonehead'.

As a psychologist, I have to say that Chandler is suffering from 'personalization' ie imagining that what happens at LCFC is somehow something to do with him and his loyalties, for which he is willing to knock seven shades of excrement from anyone who disagrees with him.
To Chandler I say - chill, babe. People resign from jobs all the time. It's a fact of life. They do it for various reasons - home/family issues, office politics, wages, lack of fulfillment, feeling that they've come to the end of the road, feeling that they could do better, feeling that they haven't done enough.....
The reasons go on and on.
Football fans imagine that there's some weird and wonderful world called Football Land where ordinary rules don't apply, and where there are issues like loyalty, territoriality, combativeness and Tae Kwon Do.
This is the real world.
Micky Adams' day was up. He knew it, and said so. The reasons are various, and for the fans there are a number of different reasons why they thought he was right, or wrong. Subbing a sub was a real blooper. He appeared indecisive and bewildered at times, recently - the signs of someone who has lost his way, and lost his self-belief.
But actually, he was right to do what he did, because the decision was HIS, and his alone. If you've reached the age of 40+ and haven't realised that everyone has a right to do what they want to do, your life may be a bit messy. Is it?
Chandler, live with it, and cool the violence, and the fury.
It's football. It's a job, like any other. People run out of passion for what they do for a living, at times. They have to move on.
Chandler, move on. As Micky has. And get the date right. It's 11.10 in England.
Can we all please respect his decision? I actually feel it was the right one to make, for him, as an individual. He'd taken as much pressure as he was capable of. Can't you see that? Didn't he tell us that?
:D

Innocent said:
As a psychologist,
cool!
a pro in the hood!
any chance you could give us a quick analysis based on what you've read on the forum? seriously.
I'll get lazzer to cross your palm with silver and rov to cross your palm with cream if you insist... :wink:

MKFox said:
Innocent said:
As a psychologist,
cool!
a pro in the hood!
any chance you could give us a quick analysis based on what you've read on the forum? seriously.
I'll get lazzer to cross your palm with silver and rov to cross your palm with cream if you insist... :wink:

hey hey - clotted cream????

PS yup, an ancient pro, with post grad qualifications, a best-selling book on autism, and another about football (among the 12 I've written). Sad innit that I'm a season ticket holder at LCFC? :(
But could you get Joe Fox to give me an evil wink?
He's the sanest guy on the forum.

Chandler, everyone here respects your opinions. But as an intelligent city fan that has some strong views with many good points to make you should accept that equally intelligent fans have equally strong views, that we are all allowed to express in this forum or anywhere else in this country.

It is obvious to everyone you and others feel very angry about what has happened to ma and as a city fan you are very concerned about the future of the club. (WE ALL ARE) But what you should try to understand is that how you feel right now is how many of us felt with ma at the helm. And many of us expressed that anger/ concern, sometimes aggressively, here on this site. Just like you are now. But no one attacked you.

You will never convince me that my opinion about ma have been wrong, Even if we go on to loss every match this season, I am sure it would have been worst under ma, Equally, in this message, I am not trying to convince you that you are wrong, I accept that you have different opinions and this is one point that we will never agree on. But, I do think that you will agree that it is passion we all have for city that produces such strong interesting debates and it is our feelings about the club that makes this forum one of the best football forums around and if the members reduce the messages to attacks on each other, the discussions will end up shallow and bland and the forum pointless.

Discus your opinions but please don’t attack others for expressing theirs.

So what is a high minded chap like you, Innocent, doing on this board then? Anyone and everyone who comes on here thinks that in their own small way thay are having some influence, if not on the club itself then on their fellow supporters.

I know for a fact that the discussions on this board are monitored by the club, by the Leicester Mercury, and by BBC Radio Leicester. Unofficial club websites are becoming increasingly important (though overall their influence is still small) as sounding boards of fans opinions.

But enough of this, Innocent, you are missing the point of my posts entirely. I am angry at fans with absurd expectations because their ticket prices were bumped up and the bookies put us at 1/100 on that we would win the Championship. I am angry at their inability to think clearly about our situation and their refusal to consider the realistic alternatives.

And when anyone who wears the same colours does point out the facts of life to them all you get is personal abuse and zilch reasoning even from the more intelligent amongst them.

So now they have got what they want (and believe me LCFC fans attitudes were a factor in Adams resignation) I am now pointing out to them in not so pleasant ways (what goes around comes around and all that) that they bear some responsibilty for our uncertain situation (failure to turn up to games, to support the team and generally creating an unhappy atmosphere).

What we are having here is the equivalent of an after dinner chat (or rant in my case). 'Personalisation' therefore applies to ALL discussions on any subject be it politics, relegion etc etc amongst the powerless and disenfranchised. Are you suggesting that we the 'little people' should confine our discourse to the personal and inconsequential?

PS I have some influence with certain members of the board of LCFC on non playing matters.

PPS I also despise some of the young mindless thugs who come on here and really want to beat them up quite badly - do I have a problem doc?

PPS Freud is utter bollox - does that mean I am really covering up the fact that I want to hump hampsters?

Count yourself lucky, Step, a torpedo of a post aimed in your general direction has somehow gone awol.

So good night you complete jerk!

Innocent said:
As a psychologist, I have to say that Chandler is suffering from 'personalization' ie imagining that what happens at LCFC is somehow something to do with him and his loyalties, for which he is willing to knock seven shades of excrement from anyone who disagrees with him.
To Chandler I say - chill, babe. People resign from jobs all the time. It's a fact of life. They do it for various reasons - home/family issues, office politics, wages, lack of fulfillment, feeling that they've come to the end of the road, feeling that they could do better, feeling that they haven't done enough.....
The reasons go on and on.
Football fans imagine that there's some weird and wonderful world called Football Land where ordinary rules don't apply, and where there are issues like loyalty, territoriality, combativeness and Tae Kwon Do.
This is the real world.
Micky Adams' day was up. He knew it, and said so. The reasons are various, and for the fans there are a number of different reasons why they thought he was right, or wrong. Subbing a sub was a real blooper. He appeared indecisive and bewildered at times, recently - the signs of someone who has lost his way, and lost his self-belief.
But actually, he was right to do what he did, because the decision was HIS, and his alone. If you've reached the age of 40+ and haven't realised that everyone has a right to do what they want to do, your life may be a bit messy. Is it?
Chandler, live with it, and cool the violence, and the fury.
It's football. It's a job, like any other. People run out of passion for what they do for a living, at times. They have to move on.
Chandler, move on. As Micky has. And get the date right. It's 11.10 in England.
Can we all please respect his decision? I actually feel it was the right one to make, for him, as an individual. He'd taken as much pressure as he was capable of. Can't you see that? Didn't he tell us that?
:D

Wow! I could listen to you all day... how much do you charge? :lol:

Innocent is great, are you really a psychologist or just one hell of a charlatan?

Innocent said:
PS yup, an ancient pro, with post grad qualifications, a best-selling book on autism, and another about football (among the 12 I've written). Sad innit that I'm a season ticket holder at LCFC? :(
But could you get Joe Fox to give me an evil wink?
He's the sanest guy on the forum.

:evil: :wink: :twisted: Spandooooogley. BOOOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669