What types of players do you want brought in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Younger players or older players?
Younger players: obviously the advantages are that they can be here for the long term, and buying and loaning younger players has shown to be successful in this division-look at wolves january signings, and birmingham signing bendtner and larsson on loan-however there lack of experience may mean another difficult season

older players-have the experience and know how to get the job done, and even though they may not be here for the long term, if they can produce success in the short term (ie promotion) then who will complain. However we all know the problems of bringing in older players-as shown by MA money grabbing journey men.

Not too bothered as long as they are decent quality and have the desire and hunger to be successful. In an ideal world a mixture of young and experience would be good.

feckers who are passionate and care about the club and its fans

Get three or four experienced players in (good ones, of course), keep a handful of the current first team, and promote from the current impressive academy crop. Nice mix, hopefully...

Get three or four experienced players in (good ones, of course), keep a handful of the current first team, and promote from the current impressive academy crop. Nice mix, hopefully...

yes i agree with that, also get in some youth talent from the perimership reserves and lower leagues that have done really well

Experienced doesn't have to mean old.

I think we have enough really young players.

I would like a couple of old heads, the likes of Ferdinand when he was here. ideally a Defender who can organise. The rest maybe mid to late 20s who know what they are doing but still have the energy and a career to play for.

Experienced doesn't have to mean old.

I think we have enough really young players.

I would like a couple of old heads, the likes of Ferdinand when he was here. ideally a Defender who can organise. The rest maybe mid to late 20s who know what they are doing but still have the energy and a career to play for.
unfortunately there the players who if they are of a decent quality are likely to command a higher transfer fee-and we all know milan isn't one to spend lots on transfer fees

unfortunately there the players who if they are of a decent quality are likely to command a higher transfer fee-and we all know milan isn't one to spend lots on transfer fees

I do recognise the difference between wanting and getting :)

Realisticly i expect 3/4 older players (couple of big names to excite the fans)and a few loans

We definatley need at least one quality premiership keeper in like cudicini, carson, foster (if he doesnt get his chance at man u), kuszczak, niemi, dudek, wright, mhyre who will be sh!t hot in this division.

Logan is going to find himself number 3 behind Henderson at number 2 ,
who will be behind hopefully one of the above.

Because at the moment we don't have a keeper on the books that fecking talks to the players infront of him........

SPLASH YER CASH MILAN!:023:

Very difficult to know where to start.

The reality is that we are stuck with a lot of very poor players who are not good enough to play either for the club or indeed second tier football.

However - we haven't got a decent keeper on the books and the midfield has been woeful.

Also to have a chance of competing in the division you need to score a lot of goals...and we are not really equipped to do that.

So - we need at least 4 decent signings: a keeper; two midfielders and a striker.

I think at least two of the above would be loan signings - and that will be the best chance of bringing in some quality through MM coughing up big wages. I can't see him splashing much cash on outright transfers. Not his style and in the circs a bit risky anyway. As I have said on another thread the real problem is that we are starting from such a low base with lots of inferiour players on extended contracts. Not good.

Agreed. I doubt Sunderland will want him for the Premiership. He would be my top priority. For me, he's been the best player in the Championship for the last three years.
does he not get in the sunderland team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670