what would you chant on sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Of course they are as they tend to be the more hardcore element, that is no way a dig at anybody, but that is the truth of the matter, the home crowd is diluted by families, kids and corporate hangers on, but it is the same for every team in the division, I was at Preston - Sheff Wed and the atmosphere from the home crowd was shite. Incidently every away game I have been to this season it has been the same, where the home fans are notoriously quiet compared to the visiting fans.

Its not the same at every Home ground though,I've been to matches as a Neuteral and the Home support is superb ours is worse than most IMO

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Of course they are as they tend to be the more hardcore element, that is no way a dig at anybody, but that is the truth of the matter, the home crowd is diluted by families, kids and corporate hangers on, but it is the same for every team in the division, I was at Preston - Sheff Wed and the atmosphere from the home crowd was shite. Incidently every away game I have been to this season it has been the same, where the home fans are notoriously quiet compared to the visiting fans.
Absolutely right, but at least it might shut up one or two fans who go " the atmosphere is sh*te " at the Walkers, when they would notice that most home teams are outsung by the away support.

highland fox said:
Its not the same at every Home ground though,I've been to matches as a Neuteral and the Home support is superb ours is worse than most IMO

Fair do's H, but I just feel it is clutching at straws time when the atmosphere at the Walkers is being put forward as genuine reason we are shite. Agreed negativity does not help one iota, but the only criticism that can be levelled is the fact it is too quiet. Wigan got promoted last season on the back of a shite average home attendence and a terrible atmosphere. This argument just does not wash.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fair do's H, but I just feel it is clutching at straws time when the atmosphere at the Walkers is being put forward as genuine reason we are shite. Agreed negativity does not help one iota, but the only criticism that can be levelled is the fact it is too quiet. Wigan got promoted last season on the back of a shite average home attendence and a terrible atmosphere. This argument just does not wash.

It was shite in the MA promotion season when we were doing well.I'm not saying its the reason we are shite the two aren't connected.our fans have always been quick to get on Players backs and single out players for 'intensive slating'.

Not sure i agree with your last statement about the slating HF. it seems to be more prevalent over the last few years to really chastise a player. Over the years we've had our fair share of donkeys, and there has been a good bit of banter, but I can't remember anyone taking stick like that dished out in recent times (ie Stewart, MDV).
However I'm sure there's a City fan out there that can remind me of the time they got on the back of .........:mad:

xsubmariner said:
Not sure i agree with your last statement about the slating HF. it seems to be more prevalent over the last few years to really chastise a player. Over the years we've had our fair share of donkeys, and there has been a good bit of banter, but I can't remember anyone taking stick like that dished out in recent times (ie Stewart, MDV).
However I'm sure there's a City fan out there that can remind me of the time they got on the back of .........:mad:

Mark Bright.

That's one player and 20 years ago ( doesn't time fly when you're enjoying your football! :icon_wink )

Point taken though..........;)

newtonfox said:
What would you chant on Saturday?
To start with 'Gloria in Excelsis', then a quick 'Sanctus and Benedictus' and 'Agnus Dei'.
Second half a touch of 'Introit' or 'Alleluia' depending on the score

xsubmariner said:

Venus, Grayson, Akinbiyi.

Ade badbuy had a hell of a lot of backing even when he was shite, which was most of the time.
Still not convinced about the slating of the others, some was mere banter. (Mark Bright excepted) compared to what is being dished out at the moment or maybe they were when I was all at sea.....;)

id chant " why arn't all you moaning bastards chanting and getting behind the team you bunch of tossers" and then at the end of the game id chant

"Levein Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570