What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1966 said:
I have not been on for a few days.

Do we have any new facts on this subject or are we still slaughtering people based on rumours.

The facts are substantially as published - even the club has stopped denying their veracity.

1966 said:
Like everything else we read in the papers ?

Whatever makes you think that? The fact that not everything that you read in the papers is true does not imply that everything therein is false.

boc you are a pedantic feck:icon_lol: he just meant most things you read :102:
not literally everything otherwise the feckin date and price would be wrong :icon_lol:

bocadillo said:
Whatever makes you think that? The fact that not everything that you read in the papers is true does not imply that everything therein is false.

I quite agree.

To make a choice between fact and fiction however requires concrete information, which in this situation seems to be very much in short supply.

Therefore I see no reason to slaughter people on the basis of rumour.

1966 said:
I quite agree.

To make a choice between fact and fiction however requires concrete information, which in this situation seems to be very much in short supply.

Therefore I see no reason to slaughter people on the basis of rumour.

It what we as a nation do! It doesnt matter if what they are accused of its correct :icon_redf

You are never what you think you are. You are only ever what others think you are.

OJ Simpson was cleared as innocent. He is labelled as Guilty.

Micheal Jackson was cleared as innocent. He is labelled as Guilty.

Mike Tyson was guilty. People believe he is innocent and he was framed. He is labelled as innocent.

Only these people know the truth. But it doesn't matter one fookin' bit. It's all about perception.

What a fookin' joke we live in.

Melton Fox said:
You are never what you think you are. You are only ever what others think you are.

Mike Tyson was guilty. People believe he is innocent and he was framed. He is labelled as innocent.

Only these people know the truth. But it doesn't matter one fookin' bit. It's all about perception.

:038: :038:

Melton Fox said:

Help is at hand. The first subjects I would like to have this Wired up to is Politicians. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_bigg :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

Last edited:
Anyone see the story about a Billionaire investing in Watford. :icon_eek: :eek: :073: Under the rules of the Club he couldn't have done it here at City. Quality rule. :icon_roll :104: :102: :109: :083: :023: :thumbs_up

Last edited:
Steven said:
Anyone see the story about a Billionaire investing in Watford. :icon_eek: :eek: :073: Under the rules of the Club he couldn't have done it here at City. Quality rule. :icon_roll :104: :102: :109: :083: :023: :thumbs_up

Anyone see the story about the people who bought Wimbledon and moved them 60 miles away from their home?

Anyone see the story about the bloke who took over at Wrexham and then tried to sell their ground to property developers?

Anyone see the story about the bloke who took over at Brighton sold their ground?

Anyone see the story about the crook who took over at Darlington, built a new stadium (named after himself) that was far too big for their needs, and they ended up in administration?

The rules set up at Leicester are precisely to stop this kind of thing from happening.

If someone comes to the club and is serious about putting money in I'm sure the board will consider it - but there are ways of putting money into the club that don't involve taking complete control.

webmaster said:
Anyone see the story about the people who bought Wimbledon and moved them 60 miles away from their home?

Anyone see the story about the bloke who took over at Wrexham and then tried to sell their ground to property developers?

Anyone see the story about the bloke who took over at Brighton sold their ground?

Anyone see the story about the crook who took over at Darlington, built a new stadium (named after himself) that was far too big for their needs, and they ended up in administration?

The rules set up at Leicester are precisely to stop this kind of thing from happening.

If someone comes to the club and is serious about putting money in I'm sure the board will consider it - but there are ways of putting money into the club that don't involve taking complete control.
100% agree, people seem to have short memories. The time we spent in admin was absolute purgatory, not knowing if we would have a club at the end of it. Once is enough.

Steven said:
Aha, Lord Ashcroft, who owns most of Belize, and allegedly bought his peership through donations to the Tory party. If memory serves me right, he appears quite regularly in the business section of Private Eye through a number of allegedly questionable business deals. Don't expect to see too much of him at Vicarage Road, as I believe he is still a tax exile. I'd rather his type was at Watford than the Walkers, to be honest with you. Then again, some people are not that fussy.

Re Lord Ashcroft - apparently he is contributing as part of a £6.2 million rights issue, and it's not immediately obvious how much of that £6.2 million is coming out of his pocket.

Last edited:
Chrysalis said:
Their are benefits as well.

portsmouth
wigan
blackburn
birmingham
leeds
colchester
fulham
nottingham forest
Unfortunately, when you leave yourself open to takeover by any Tom, Dick or Harry, you can't have a rule saying only the good guys can buy you and the bad guys can't. By the way, I think you will find that clubs like Pompey and Fulham are carrying a hell of a lot of debt ( either on or off balance sheet ) and that will have to be serviced/paid off at some time in the future. Just because someone appears to put money into a club, it doesn't mean that that money is not borrowed and secured on the assets of the club.

Real Sharapova said:
Unfortunately, when you leave yourself open to takeover by any Tom, Dick or Harry, you can't have a rule saying only the good guys can buy you and the bad guys can't. By the way, I think you will find that clubs like Pompey and Fulham are carrying a hell of a lot of debt ( either on or off balance sheet ) and that will have to be serviced/paid off at some time in the future. Just because someone appears to put money into a club, it doesn't mean that that money is not borrowed and secured on the assets of the club.

We have debt and not much in the way of servicing it. :icon_sad: :( :089: :089: :089:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566