What's the damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

This just happened on my way into work this morning (mine is the Rover!). Just typical that it's my car (that isn't fully comp) that has the worst damage.

Anybody know anything about bodywork? or have you had this sort of repair before? Could do with knowing how much this might set me back. Bearing in mind the car's worth about £850

Me1.jpg

me2.jpg

me3.jpg

them1.jpg

them2.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of hundred at a panel beaters including your light for a reasonable looking 'bodge job' I would think. Write off if you are wanting it back to how it was.

Forget the damage, why is your review mirror on top of the car roof?

Couple of hundred at a panel beaters including your light for a reasonable looking 'bodge job' I would think. Write off if you are wanting it back to how it was.

As long as it drives the same i'm not too fussed. Would panel beaters replace the wing etc or just hammer it back into shape?

As long as it drives the same i'm not too fussed. Would panel beaters replace the wing etc or just hammer it back into shape?

Just knock it all back to roughly where it was and respray it. Then replace your headlight, Is that all thas damaged? The bumper, wing, bonnet and headlamp? nothing behind the bumper??

Just knock it all back to roughly where it was and respray it. Then replace your headlight, Is that all thas damaged? The bumper, wing, bonnet and headlamp? nothing behind the bumper??

I think that's it. i didn't have time to look under the bonnet etc. the damage stops at the wheel arch down the side.

I think that's it. i didn't have time to look under the bonnet etc. the damage stops at the wheel arch down the side.

I suppose it will all depend on how you want it to be when its finished as I assume you are paying out of your pocket, obviously if it was an insurance job youd want it perfect!

If you could aquire a new wing and headlamp from a scrappie you probably be able to get the bonnet bent back roughly in to shape and ignore the busted clips on the bonnet an do it for about a £100, if you are proficient at changing the bits and peices yourself, if not nearer £200 Id guess.

I suppose it will all depend on how you want it to be when its finished as I assume you are paying out of your pocket, obviously if it was an insurance job youd want it perfect!

If you could aquire a new wing and headlamp from a scrappie you probably be able to get the bonnet bent back roughly in to shape and ignore the busted clips on the bonnet an do it for about a £100, if you are proficient at changing the bits and peices yourself, if not nearer £200 Id guess.

Ebay has a wing for £30 with postage. a bonnet would be £50ish.

I could probably get someone to do the fitting. £200 is less than i expected though. Busted clips?

How did the accident happen?

Imagine this if you can;

heading down welford road from the town end, moving accross into the filter lane (also a bus lane) to turn left past the car park (bannatyne gym).

I was about to move left into the filter lane but saw a bus approaching quite quickly from behind, not sure if there was enough rooom for me to fit in, i moved back/stayed in the middle lane but because the cars in front of me were moving into the filter lan too, they had slowed down but were still straddling lanes.

Them slowing down + not being fully in their lane + me concentrating too much on the bus = me clipping the rear corner of their car as i move past them.

Ebay has a wing for £30 with postage. a bonnet would be £50ish.

I could probably get someone to do the fitting. £200 is less than i expected though. Busted clips?

You are already saving money :023: You will find that there will be tutorials on the net to replace the wing and probably the bonnet. Its much easier thatn you might think. If you inspect the bumber you will probably find that the plastic clips (often a moulded part of the unit) will have split/crumpled/snapped off from the impact. The likelyhood is (although I dont know obviously) that to fix that problem you will have to replace the entire bumper.

You are already saving money :023: You will find that there will be tutorials on the net to replace the wing and probably the bonnet. Its much easier thatn you might think. If you inspect the bumber you will probably find that the plastic clips (often a moulded part of the unit) will have split/crumpled/snapped off from the impact. The likelyhood is (although I dont know obviously) that to fix that problem you will have to replace the entire bumper.

I take it an MOT would pick up on gaffer tape? :icon_lol:

Imagine this if you can;

heading down welford road from the town end, moving accross into the filter lane (also a bus lane) to turn left past the car park (bannatyne gym).

I was about to move left into the filter lane but saw a bus approaching quite quickly from behind, not sure if there was enough rooom for me to fit in, i moved back/stayed in the middle lane but because the cars in front of me were moving into the filter lan too, they had slowed down but were still straddling lanes.

Them slowing down + not being fully in their lane + me concentrating too much on the bus = me clipping the rear corner of their car as i move past them.

I best watch cnuts like you, my car park is around the corner.

This just happened on my way into work this morning (mine is the Rover!). Just typical that it's my car (that isn't fully comp) that has the worst damage.

Anybody know anything about bodywork? or have you had this sort of repair before? Could do with knowing how much this might set me back. Bearing in mind the car's worth about £850

Is the car new.

As long as the bumper is secure which it may still be, or may be with a bit of bending etc it shouldnt effect your MOT

Brilliant. there's no damage to it from the front so i wouldn't want to replace it just for a couple of clips.

Thanks for all your help :023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670