What's the damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant. there's no damage to it from the front so i wouldn't want to replace it just for a couple of clips.

Thanks for all your help :023:

You will probably find that the green paint marks on it will polish off with an orbital polisher as well :icon_wink

What about the damage to the other car? Will you be paying for that, or are you forsaking your No-Claims Discount?

What about the driver of the other car? I think I just saw him down at A&E at the Infirmary. Leastways, there was this guy moaning about Rover drivers - he was in the queue for a scan, holding his neck and talking on his phone something about no win - no fee!

What about the damage to the other car? Will you be paying for that, or are you forsaking your No-Claims Discount?

What about the driver of the other car? I think I just saw him down at A&E at the Infirmary. Leastways, there was this guy moaning about Rover drivers - he was in the queue for a scan, holding his neck and talking on his phone something about no win - no fee!

Haha very funny.

I'm hoping that their damage is cheap to sort so that i can pay for it (saving my no claims discount). They seemed very nice so i'm sure they won't be claiming any ill health.

Haha very funny.

I'm hoping that their damage is cheap to sort so that i can pay for it (saving my no claims discount). They seemed very nice so i'm sure they won't be claiming any ill health.

Their damage will be more than you can afford, it always is. I once knocked the back of a Jag, going about 4/5mph and all it did was a tiny scratch on the bumber, no dents etc. Their repair bill came in close to a grand. I know Jags parts are more expensive, but I wager there was a fair amount of other work fixed on it.

Their damage will be more than you can afford, it always is. I once knocked the back of a Jag, going about 4/5mph and all it did was a tiny scratch on the bumber, no dents etc. Their repair bill came in close to a grand. I know Jags parts are more expensive, but I wager there was a fair amount of other work fixed on it.

Id definatley claim against my policy for the 3rd party, too messy otherwise. Just take the hit.

what distracted you in the first place to bump their motor?

Not many women out this time of year in flimsy tops!

Ignore my last post, just red others. Going to fast mister, pay up and take a lesson in life;)

I'm hoping that their damage is cheap to sort so that i can pay for it (saving my no claims discount).

Don't forget that even if you do pay for their damage, you will still be bound by the terms of your policy to report the incident to your own insurance company.

Don't forget that even if you do pay for their damage, you will still be bound by the terms of your policy to report the incident to your own insurance company.

I have reported the incident.

Never done this before so that was the first thing i did. I am of the understanding that it's still ok to settle the claim without going through them?

I have reported the incident.

Never done this before so that was the first thing i did. I am of the understanding that it's still ok to settle the claim without going through them?

Yes, it is. The main question that you will be asking yourself afterwards is whether it was worth doing so - and whether it was really worth the saving of only insuring TP (TP,F&T?) in the first place.

However honest you are with the insurers, they will still find some way of putting up your premiums next time, so be wary.

Out of interest, had my renewal through from AA. They said they'd shopped around and come up with a figure.(£388). One phone call to "more than" saved me £80 and basic breakdown thrown in as well.
Loyalty, pah, only thing loyal are football supporters......

Yes, it is. The main question that you will be asking yourself afterwards is whether it was worth doing so - and whether it was really worth the saving of only insuring TP (TP,F&T?) in the first place.

Well i think i saved around £250 by going TP, F&T. Add to that the excess on the claim (say £200?) and the increase at the renewal (in April), i think i was right to go TP, F&T.

i'm going to do a few quotes later on to see what i'll be expected to pay if i lose the no claims discount. then i'll know whether it's worth it or not.

However honest you are with the insurers, they will still find some way of putting up your premiums next time, so be wary.

Out of interest, had my renewal through from AA. They said they'd shopped around and come up with a figure.(£388). One phone call to "more than" saved me £80 and basic breakdown thrown in as well.
Loyalty, pah, only thing loyal are football supporters......

Renewal with your existing insurer is always going to be more expensive, thought that was a general rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Chelsea510
4Arsenal410
5Newcastle510
6Aston Villa59
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48