when would you accept a groundshare arrangement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sharapova said:
I would assume that we would be able to buy their half share out, as would they if the position were reversed.

and what if we could not afford it...........:102:

bocadillo said:
I'll ignore the obvious "why" reply and raise you a "what happens if we start to share the ground and continue to go further into debt?"

then we are fecked either way, but we would have longer to try and sort the problem.

Boy Genius said:
and what if we could not afford it...........:102:
As I said, the same would apply, but to be honest, if were in a position where we could not even pay half the outgoings we would already be, to all intents and purposes, bust.

Boy Genius said:
What happens if we share and tigers fall into the shit and cannot maintain thier half of the deal?

not pretty i know, but i think tigers are far more stable than we are at the moment.

lako42 said:
id only groundshare if there came a day where next saturday i wouldnt be able to watch my beloved city because they would be no more.

ive said it many times before but i remember about 5-10 years ago when the fans where the only people left in the game who wernt interested in the money side of football, now i appreciate that to a certain extent we have to be aware as fans of the money but not to this point. i love watching city, not because they are a great side, but because i love them, and having millions to spend isnt a condition of my support. i couldnt give a feck if we never have enough money to buy the next ade akinbiyi.

if i couldnt afford my rent but the mortgage company said i could share my house with the toffy nosed family down the road id tell them to bollox, there isnt enough room in the kitchen and im not sharing my bed, or my pitch.

As leicester city weve had our noses rubbed in all kind of shit but every real fan of this club can always walk with their head held high and remember that we are leicester city and that only leicester city counts. as i said earlier leicester tigers are nothing to do with us what so ever, there is no link no relationship that would want me to share my ground that we earnt through our past glory and achievments with them anymore than the sheep shaggers down the road.

forever we have played at two different grounds and in a city like leicester their is room for 2 big stadia as this will attract outside business. but what am i on about as i said earlier feck the money side this is about pride and the whole reason we support city.

everyone supports city for a different reason but one thing is certain and always should remain, we all worship in the same church

on the ball lako, saved me a load of typing :038:

Real Sharapova said:
I would assume that we would be able to buy their half share out, as would they if the position were reversed.

what with??

Macky said:
what with??
A loan, I presume, although thinking about it, if either party was in that much sh@t they might forfeit their half and have to rent from the other party. Anyway, it's not gonna happen as the rugby club aren't interested.

Real Sharapova said:
A loan, I presume, although thinking about it, if either party was in that much sh@t they might forfeit their half and have to rent from the other party. Anyway, it's not gonna happen as the rugby club aren't interested.

if thats the case why dont we get a loan now and buy the whole thing ;)

lako42 said:
if thats the case why dont we get a loan now and buy the whole thing ;)

i theory i think thats what we have, but the payments are so high, we can't even cover the interest at the moment.

Surely owning more of the stadium, whether tigers buy it back or we do would make us a more financiably stable business then we are currently where we are struggling to keep up with the interest if the reports are to be believed.

It would also open us up to a sugar daddy style buyout as they would have a more stable business to invest into, even though i understand no football club is that stable in the current footballing environment. I think its one of those things that is it were to go ahead us fans would not know about it until the last minute and then we would be able to do little about it.

So lets sit tight and actually wait for the formals to happen before we start arguing whether or not it should or shouldnt happen.

Real Sharapova said:
The state we are in now. However, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the general consensus is the the Tigers are not keen at all, so I don't think people should get their knickers too twisted on such a hot and humid day.;)

I think that both sides have missed the boat now. The original aggreement would have benefitted us and the tigers. The main problem was with either one being a priority. Unfortunately the clubs had no problem with that but the two ruling bodies each wanted the stadium to be a priority to their game. I believe that was a hurdle that was unbreachable. We've got the stadium and english rugby union wanted first option on it, were as the F.A. wanted it as a football stadium with rugby taking second place like at Reading And preiviously Watford. I doubt if it will ever come about for that reason. Both clubs would have benefitted from it but the greedy B*****ds at the top aren't going to be happy unless there is a benefit for them.

Last edited:
Bilborough Fox said:
I think that both sides have missed the boat now. The original aggreement would have benefitted us and the tigers. The main problem was with either one being a priority. Unfortunately the clubs had no problem with that but the two ruling bodies each wanted the stadium to be a priority to their game. I believe that was a hurdle that was unbreachable. We've got the stadium and english rugby union wanted first option on it, were as the F.A. wanted it as a football stadium with rugby taking second place like at Reading And preiviously Watford. I doubt if it will ever come about for that reason. Both clubs would have benefitted from it but the greedy B*****ds at the top aren't going to be happy unless there is a benefit for them.
Why would what we are planning to do be any differnet from what reading have done? How come they managed to agree which took priority but we cant?:102:

fcukcov said:
Surely owning more of the stadium [...] would make us a more financiably stable business. [...] It would also open us up to a sugar daddy style buyout as they would have a more stable business to invest into

Wouldn't it equally make us more attractive to an asset-stripping style buyout?

drummindefender said:
now if it meant we could sign some players who would give me hope for the season ahead

You're easily pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69