when would you accept a groundshare arrangement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But as far as proft margin and assets goes, if we get back in the prem soon (within 2 seasons), we will be in a much better position without the groundshare.

This is where the entrepreneurial skills of the board should come into play. Short term fixes usually equate to lower long term profit margins

1966 said:
If the groundshare provided LCFC with, for example, a modest 10-15% increase in their turnover every year for the long trerm future how many people would still be against the idea ?

care to elaborate how that would happen?

even if this did go ahead, how much cash do expect would be given to RK's budget?

what i do find interesting is people getting so emotive over a just suppose notion and the fact the reserve league has been axed doesnt even register on the scale

lazzer said:
the fact the reserve league has been axed doesnt even register on the scale
I am sure you are excusing me from this category

lazzer said:
what i do find interesting is people getting so emotive over a just suppose notion and the fact the reserve league has been axed doesnt even register on the scale

Just goes to show the new guy is as adept as the previous regime with propaganda......

Melton Fox said:
I am sure you are excusing me from this category
and me, see my comments elsewhere and my earlier comments in this thread of a similar nature to your own lazzer.

BOB HAZELL said:
I agree with your views, but...........

my point was that "they" believe, not what you, I or the board of LCFC believe. Turnover and outgoings are irrelevant when you consider their their "potential sugar daddy" as you call him has plenty of cash - mega-millions in fact.

If I was sat round the negotiating table together with the LCFC board and the Tigers hierachy, I know (and they do too) who has the upper hand - and I'm referring to the finanacial side of things before people kick off.....
However , Toms has said something along the lines of "I can buy the stadium outright, if I wanted to", in a "if I could be arsed" kind of way. Like Lazzer says, it's not going to happen.

lazzer said:

the trouble is there is nothing we can do about it it's the owners of the res league that said it has to be all prem teams and on others ,even the prem teams have stated they did want any team to kicked out ,as with most things in life its come down to money :icon_evil :icon_evil

I'd accept it now.
like i've said before we sold out when we left filbo. there's no history at the walkers for us.
we're not barca, real or even an arsenal, it makes sense for both parties in my eyes to share facilities and limit overheads.

The sooner it happens the sooner the same debate stops.

MKFox said:
I'd accept it now.
like i've said before we sold out when we left filbo. there's no history at the walkers for us.
we're not barca, real or even an arsenal, it makes sense for both parties in my eyes to share facilities and limit overheads.

The sooner it happens the sooner the same debate stops.

Bravo to that!! :038: :038:

there was no history at filbo when it was first built, you will find that to be impossible

I'd do it now... on the condition it was done on a seasons trial basis to see how it worked out.

That would never happen though as it would be loads of hassle for tigers if after a year we decided not to go ahead.

Anything that gives the club more money to spend on getting in decent players I would welcome.I'd rather share the Ground and be in the Premier League playing the Chelseas and Arsenals than have the ground to ourselves and be playing Colchester and Plymouth or worser still Grimsbys and Chesterfields.As we are now I don't see the Club progressing.

We won't invest the money wisely H, we won't buy Premier League players. Why and how could we, they won't come here.

To do what you say and get us in the prem, we need to buy 100% proven prem players in their prime to get us and keep us there. We are talking millions.

Sharing with the Tigers cannot guarantee us promotion. It won't happen, it's nonsense.

We will end up sharing with the Tigers and still playing Colchester & Plymouth, and then we are screwed

Melton Fox said:
We will end up sharing with the Tigers and still playing Colchester & Plymouth, and then we are screwed

Why are we screwed?

Babylon said:
Why are we screwed?
We're not screwed as a club. I meant as far as getting into the premiership goes on the bag of the Tigers sharing with us, if we don't invest the money wisely, we won't go up.

I meant screwed emotionally. I would probably accept a groundshare with the Tigers if it meant regular prem football. If it meant playing as we are, then no.

To go forth with the ground share and remain status quo and playing Colchester & Plymouth, I would be emotionally screwed

you achieve and then you have money to buy not the other way round.

weve never done it like that in the past.

1966 said:
If the groundshare provided LCFC with, for example, a modest 10-15% increase in their turnover every year for the long trerm future how many people would still be against the idea ?

How is ground sharing going to affect the turnover? Have you even thought about the question you are asking?

bocadillo said:
How is ground sharing going to affect the turnover? Have you even thought about the question you are asking?
I missed that one Boc, no wonder I can't make any money:icon_lol:

Melton Fox said:
I missed that one Boc, no wonder I can't make any money:icon_lol:

Perhaps it was a genuine question by 1966. Perhaps he believes that there are people who get off on the smell of cow-shit and who are therefore much more likely to come to football if the previous user of the seat might have brought some in on his wellies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69