Where are the Directors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
point.jpg

how unkind...

i have met warwick and he is a really nice guy. He's a huge city fan and has done the club a top deal around legal fees

What ever happened to John Holmes?
I thought he had great sense with the blessed Gary and I know he couldnt be Chairman again but is he still around :(

EMC Fox said:
DIRECTORS Peter Hockenhull
Honorary Presidents: Tom Bloor, William Shooter
Vice Presidents: Andy Bottrill, Kevin Bourgault, Ivor Finn, Terence Flude, Robert Jelley, Walter McRobie, Luigi Orsi, Amin Tajani, Warwick Spearing
you just made them up you charlatan..
ivor finn??? please........ straight out of 'Finding Nemo'
i want amin Tajani as head coach
old terry flude as assistant manager
bobby Jelley as manager
and wally McRobie as director of football. straight talking scot
lovely
:wink:

IMO the board can bring this whole sorry episode to an end by either sacking Micky or publicly backing him.

This silence from them is deafening, the crowd are restless and after every game we are expecting an announcement.

If they arent going to sack Micky then why cant they back him and maybe that might just get the club, players, management and supporters all pulling together.

The board at present are as much to blame for the current unrest. Come on sort it.

fairbanksh said:
What ever happened to John Holmes?
I thought he had great sense with the blessed Gary and I know he couldnt be Chairman again but is he still around :(

Yes, often in discussions with the current directors in the directors lounge after games

Foxes Trust.
What is the view from inside the trust about what is going on, and I dont mean the official view and mean from a personall perspective. You must have a deeper insight than most, about the problems at city.
As far as I can see MA has lost the plot, is there other personall issues that have been hushed up that may explain his bizzare actions and may actually gained him some sympathy and time from the board.
His desicions seam so far of the wall that some people actualy believe he is doing this delibratly to get himself sacked with a pay off.

It's not for the FT to comment on who should/should not be the manager UNLESS 100% of their members had exactly the same view

This forum (unlike some I could mention) is a perfect example of how that isn't the case. Some think he should stay, some think he should go, some seem to waiver from one week to the next

I'm sure the FT board members have their own opinions, and might express them under their own name, but its unfair to ask them to express it in the name of the FT

homer said:
It's not for the FT to comment on who should/should not be the manager UNLESS 100% of their members had exactly the same view

This forum (unlike some I could mention) is a perfect example of how that isn't the case. Some think he should stay, some think he should go, some seem to waiver from one week to the next

I'm sure the FT board members have their own opinions, and might express them under their own name, but its unfair to ask them to express it in the name of the FT

Couldn't have explained it better ourselves Homer.

We have had an FT board meeting tonight & discussed the situation. We do feel our membership are still split on the issue. We have made some decisions tonight which require further work before we can go public on them.

One thing we would say is that if you are a Trust member then please make sure that we have your current e-mail address to ensure we can make contact quickly when needed.

If not a member why not join now & make sure your views are represented.

Is the foxes trust poster someone who posts as themselves as well?

Joe_Fox said:
Is the foxes trust poster someone who posts as themselves as well?

The username Foxes_Trust is used by several Trust board members to provide an official viewpoint from the Trust. It is used on several fans message boards.

Board members as individuals do have their own user names & can give their own opinions on matters as long as they don't conflict with the agreed Trust policy on an issue.

To explain further the Trust won't have a policy on individual players, so as individuals the Trust board members are free to make comment. However if the board say took a decision over the smoking issue, then none of the board members would post conflicting views to the decision made as a group.

As individuals it varies which boards we post on & it is down to personal preference. The FT was conceived as an idea on the Fox (rivals) site, so a few mainly post on there (as their original message board home). Some however do post on this site

I think that the Foxes Trust was the second best best thing that came out of our administration.

Am I right in thinking that it owns about 5% of New Fox PLC? And am I also right in thinking that it raised most of the cash for its shareholding over a few months?

If both these points are true why doesn't the FT have a long term plan to become a major player in the club? The idea is not as crazy as it sounds.

If you could buy around 5% (?) of the shares with just a few months fund raising how about trying to buy say between 0.5 - 1.0% per year over the next 20-30 years?

If the FT went about this in a sensible and public way you might find much good will amongst exisitng shareholders and public benefactors. Private individuals might pledge/bequeath shares to the FT. You might get donations on top.

What about this for a prospect in 30 years time - the only professional football club to be owned and run by its supporters.

Scrub that. On second thoughts no. The idea of Lako, Bazzer and Step running LCFC is to horrible to contemplate!

Chandler - answers to points raised

Am I right in thinking that it owns about 5% of New Fox PLC? And am I also right in thinking that it raised most of the cash for its shareholding over a few months?

- We own just over 2% of the shares. Yes the first £100k was raised in a few months, with a further £30k invested over the following summer.

If both these points are true why doesn't the FT have a long term plan to become a major player in the club? The idea is not as crazy as it sounds.

- We do intend to make further investments in the club, trouble is we have struggled to raise even £20k in the last year

If you could buy around 5% (?) of the shares with just a few months fund raising how about trying to buy say between 0.5 - 1.0% per year over the next 20-30 years?

- As per above it is highly unlikely we would raise that level of cash unless many more City fans become members year on year & some local businesses provide sponsorship to cover costs (if you have any suggested companies you think would be worth approaching e-mail [email protected])

If the FT went about this in a sensible and public way you might find much good will amongst exisitng shareholders and public benefactors. Private individuals might pledge/bequeath shares to the FT. You might get donations on top.

- There are only 40 shareholders in total,. it is likely most of them will pass their holding on to their children. We would certainly appreciate donations and would welcome any suggestions that would encourage this to happen

What about this for a prospect in 30 years time - the only professional football club to be owned and run by its supporters.

- Around 6 Trusts already run professional clubs in England at this time, the FT objectives do not include trying to run the club itself, although we remain keen to have a fully fledged Non Exec role on the board.

Off the top of my head;

York City, (Ok they're conference now but weren't at the time)
Lincoln City
Chesterfield
Brentford

and two others who I can't for the life of me remember at the mo.

I think Bournemouth may be one of the others but not sure about the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566