Where did it all go right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You learn more from defeat than from victory I guess, I had a feeling we'd come back stronger from that Watford play off.

I'd probably agree that the QPR away win was a key victory.

It's just nice to see that never say die attitude again, haven't seen that much since MON.

Not sacking Pearson after Watford.

Winning at difficult places and/or places where we usually struggle. Beating the teams around us such as Burnley, QPR & Derby.

Scoring late goals to salvage a point or turn draws into wins.

Adding experienced heads to the side, while keeping the nucleus of the squad that was close to success last season.

There are plenty of reasons, but keeping NP is the big one for me. I have always believed that if he had not been sacked/left the first time, we would already be a Premier League side.

1. Keeping Pearson as manager.
2. Keeping hold of Schmeichel, Morgan etc before the transfer window closed.
3. Signing experience - GTF, Hammond, Wasilewski, Philips have all contributed on & off the field.
4. 12mths more experience for the younger players - Knockaert, James & Drinkwater have all progressed from last season.
5. Vardy - has grown physically & mentally from last season and now looks like a propoer striker who will do well in the Prem.

1% Nige

1% Vardy's improvement

1% Getting rid of the crap

1% Pashun

96% Wasilewski

Boom, end of thread.

That Leeds away game in January. On comes Phillips and in the 87th minute a sublime touch/dummy gifts an open net for Nugent to win us a very tough game. You could sense that there was some magic in the team and it would be our year.

Without doubt it was the desire of everyone to see us fail so that the league could see how shit we are. They still don't understand how shit we are, it's been really unfair on those of us who know we are shit.

Wait until the car park is full of Bentleys and someone takes a dump in Top's car. Then the world will understand.

It's hard to explain to someone outside of the club or fan base that our record signing was a defender called Matt Mills. Talk about throwing money away.

Thankfully, during the meltdown of last season, the owners showed more patience than the fickle bonehead fans.

It's hard to explain to someone outside of the club or fan base that our record signing was a defender called Matt Mills. Talk about throwing money away.
Even harder when you consider that he wasn't our record signing (but would have been if we'd had to pay all the add-ons for appearances and such, which he didn't come close to fulfilling).

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Terry Robinson. I know there's a fair chunk of last seasons Pee Stain haters who think our success is all down to Robinson.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Terry Robinson. I know there's a fair chunk of last seasons Pee Stain haters who think our success is all down to Robinson.

Yes, but we all know that they are complete idiots

Even harder when you consider that he wasn't our record signing (but would have been if we'd had to pay all the add-ons for appearances and such, which he didn't come close to fulfilling).

so who is our record signing? Fecking bad buy?

If I was playing championship manager as Leicester City and Matt Mills became available I'd have jumped at the chance to sign him! A big name signing who had done well with Reading in the past. No scouting involved obviously (it's a computer game) but I'd have imagined him to do well.

AND that just shows how bad a manager Sven is. He treated us like he was playing championship manager and trebled the owners investment in doing so.

P.S I'm terrible at championship manager

Last edited:
If I was playing championship manager as Leicester City and Matt Mills became available I'd have jumped at the chance to sign him! A big name signing who had done well with Reading in the past. No scouting involved obviously (it's a computer game) but I'd have imagined him to do well.

AND that just shows how bad a manager Sven is. He treated us like he was playing championship manager and trebled the owners investment in doing so.

P.S I'm terrible at championship manager
Is CM even still made any more?

I wonder whether The Old Fox ever kept up his claim of being so disenchanted he would stop supporting us after decades of being a fan if Pearson was kept on.

For most of last season we were challenging for automatic promotion and in we scraped into the playoffs unlike Derby, Forest, Leeds and poor sad Wolves. However, there was clearly a problem of character and not of ability involved in the collapse we had.

The superficial solution to a crisis is to sack the person at the top who is usually the person who best understands what went wrong. Pearson has spoken about a self-governing dress room and this seems to have been his solution.. I have not heard that concept before.

Clearly some of the people Pearson got rid off were seen as a negative influence and brought in people who would have a strong positive presence. It would be a very stupid young player who did not listen to Kevin Phillips and respect all he has done in the game. It would be an even stupider young player who disrespected Marcin Wasilewski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669