Where did it all go right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned the touchline ban that encouraged NP to sit in the stands. seems that his being next to steve walsh has led to good decisions being made regarding tactical changes during games.

You sure he has not been sat next to Top and he has been making all the strategic decisions? :icon_wink

Stability by keeping Pearson ?

This - his managerial record is actually very good (even before this season) for a young manager, and he may prove to be even better than O'Neil (although he's 3 premiership seasons and two cup wins away from that kind of glory). Clubs are way to quick to fire people, and the kind of stability Leicester City have now is something only a handful of other clubs can claim.

The owners need to take credit too - they've been reasonably hands off on the pitch side of things (from what I can tell) but have handled the finances and provided world class facilities - great medical staff, coaches and a quiet understated way of doing things. There are no pre-Madonnas in the team, and again that's down to Pearson building a team rather than a collection of individuals.

Next season is the real test - anything above 17th obviously, but it'll be interesting to see where people's expectations sit. 14th? 12th? Top ten?

Anyway - I'm really freaking glad Pearson was not sacked last season after that dreadful run in the new year. The haters are still hovering though...

Last edited:
Surely the expectations will have to be 17th.

Obviously we can do better than that but surely the plan now must be to slowly build, year on year, whilst also safeguarding against out future in case we go down again as it is a very realistic eventuality.

I've said it a few times now but I would be really devastated if we did similar to Cardiff. Pearson should stay, even if we go down straight away, as in him we know we have someone who is definitely able to get a team out of the Championship whereas Cardiff took one step forward going up, but about 10 backwards since.

They will be back as soon as Pearson confirms he is not buying Messi or Suarez or even Ibrahimovic!

After the dismal run last season I thought his time was up. I admit I was wrong (please forgive me!!) but I was so deflated after such a good start and then such an atrocious run. In retrospect it was quite obvious that the squad lacked experience and that little bit of depth. This season the emergence of Vardy, James and Moore has been huge, along with the continued excellent form of Drinkwater.

Full credit to the owners for remaining patient and avoiding any knee-jerk reactions. I suspect a fair few owners would have pulled the trigger and this is perhaps an indication of how lucky we are. As others have mentioned, I hope that the owners stick with Nigel even if we struggle. If next season is a complete disaster and we fail to compete then perhaps he will be gone but I just can't see it. I think we may do quite well and surprise a few.

I'd be pretty happy as long as we finish with more than 11 points really!

Late Kick Off is worth a viewing on the iplayer from last night. It gives a pretty good insight into a lot of the things that are done right at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669