Where did it all go right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Since the crushing disappointment of the Watford play-off, what for you is the most significant thing thats happened, thats helped turn this season into one of the most memorable for a long time ?

Was it the pain of that defeat in which this group of players were determined to not let happen again ?
The great opening day win against the smoggies to announce that there was no hangover from the previous season?
Stability by keeping Pearson ?
Vardys amazing improvement ?
Nuges goals ?
Drinky, Knocks, Wes, Kasper ?
A win at a place where we usually struggle....Millwall ?

For me it was the win at QPR. It was a critical stage of the season, and before this match it was the only time we have had a blip this season. References to Pearsons future, and comparisons of Last seasons collapse were being muttered.
We go down to play against most peoples favs for the league. They had only conceded about 2 goals at home from about 10 games. It all looked very difficult, but the team produced one, and imo it gave everyone the confidence to believe that there was nobody to fear in this division.

Pearson sitting in the stands was wot dun it!

Most of the fans writing us off before the season had even started due to not enough signings.

Last edited:
Signing that Bakayago lad

Beat me to it! Seriously, I think the win at QPR was enormous. I didn't know the score and ended up watching the highlights in a Celtic themed bar in Paris. The barman/owner and I shared a love of MON and Neil Lennon and it was a wonderful night. That and Pooson's brilliance have been the highlights for me.

I've legitimately never felt lower as a sports fan than in the moments immediately following that Watford defeat.

I can imagine the players felt the same way professionally. It appears they took that disappointment to heart. This season has been wonderful. For many of the younger fans this will be the first taste of success, it must be a great feeling for them.

For us oldies this is hopefully the first step to solidifying ourselves where we feel we belong amongst the countries elite.

The QPR result was a really big one but I think the win at Watford was the one that did it for me. Going back there after last season when Watford still looked like they could be a threat this year and winning so emphatically. It in effect ruined their season and gave City a huge boost. Oh and keeping the management team too.

I think consistency has been the key. Look at all the clubs having miserable seasons and there is a common theme - they've all tinkered with management recently. Pearson is a solid manager, and soon, as long as we get promotion, he will get a chance to prove himself as one of best.

I think consistency has been the key. Look at all the clubs having miserable seasons and there is a common theme - they've all tinkered with management recently. Pearson is a solid manager, and soon, as long as we get promotion, he will get a chance to prove himself as one of best.
Consistency. Keeping NP, managing to keep the nucleus of the squad and adding some level headed experienced players.

Last edited:
I think the first game of the season was extremely significant. The win and Jamie Vardy scoring that excellent goal.

It started going right when I gave up having a season ticket.

It was the fact that Pearson added some excellent experienced players to a very young and mentally fragile team that did it imho.

The change from the likes of Whitbread and SSL to Wasil and Liam has no doubt helped the defence.

But Jamie Vardy for me, has been utterly excellent, he's possibly given the other lads a boost with his development and attitude.

Oh yea, keeping Peestain, the set up that comes with him is invaluable. Just look at our professional background approach and staff and compare this to the likes of Forest, we are light years ahead.

Point 2 is not aimed at backing up point 1, its a different point, before someone says those 2 players aren't young like.

Last edited:
Actually, all these are wrong. It's obvious that the reason for success is purely down to dpjfox and his pre-match thread openings. Give yourself a pat on the back sir!

Getting rid of Beckford, Danns, Mills, Gallagher and Wellens. Getting players like Vardy, Drinkwater, Morgan, Knockaert and James in to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669