Where do we go from here? How to improve for Premier League 2015/2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

So what is the general consensus as to what we need to add to the playing squad in order to improve next year?

I think most people will be hoping that we can keep hold of Huth and Cambiasso at the very least.

I don't think we need too much but I would like to see a bit more top-level experience brought into the squad. An experienced midfielder, defender and striker may not go amiss and another left sided defender as back-up to or to compete with Schlupp would be what I'm hoping for. Have read that we've been looking at Shinji Okazaki and Marcell Jansen, both of these would be ideal additions and cover two of those positions I think we need to add to.

Central midfielder, a left wing-back and 2 central defenders I think would be the main places we need to strengthen.

And that's assuming Wasilewski, Cambiasso and Huth all stay. They'll need replacing if not.

We need a new left back and a new right back to give us the option of going back to 4 at the back.
We need another central defender (on top of Wasilewski and Huth staying) - could do with 5 to give us cover for when we play 3 central defenders.
We need two central midfielders (one as cover for Matty James)
We could do with another winger and another striker (but not as much of a priority)

Agreed Prof,but they are three mighty big assumptions. I don't think Wasilewski will sign again. If I remember correctly he wanted to return to Anderlecht at the start of the season. Huth is a possibility and would be a good solid addition; lets hope we can do a deal with Stoke, but we are still thin on the ground in the defensive department. I don't know what happened to Liam Moore, maybe to young to cope with the demands of the Premiership but he has talent he just needs to be nurtured, but that is a luxury we do not have if we are to move forward. Cambiasso now that's a quandary, how do you replace a midfielder who would probably get into a 'Worlds Best Eleven Team' and in my humble opinion the best midfielder ever to pull on a City shirt, lets hope he extends his stay, if not we have a serious problem because that sort of talent is very very hard to find and would not come cheap. Certainly none of the current City midfielders are in the same class his departure would be a massive blow for the Club.. Certainly the left side needs strengthening, Schlupp seems to have found his best position as a left wing-back, but we have no cover for him and certainly Konchesky is not good enough at this level so yes it is an area than needs addressing. The right side seems to be well covered and I don't think we need to worry about this aspect. Overall our strength is our forwards not much tinkering needed in this area, cover for Nugent maybe if he is not offered a new contract. but that's about it. Still even on this basis it could still be a busy summer in the transfer market.

2036 season is sorted, I've had a different local bird round here every night for the last 6 months.

Cambi has been a busy lad

Hopefully when the season starts we will be aiming at winning the title and see how things go from there. **** realism. Chelsea are 11 men, Manchester United are 11 men, Liverpool are 11 men, Leicester City are 11 men. No fecker has a divine right to win the league so as far as I'm concerned we should aim for the top and take things as they go....!

Hopefully when the season starts we will be aiming at winning the title and see how things go from there. **** realism. Chelsea are 11 men, Manchester United are 11 men, Liverpool are 11 men, Leicester City are 11 men. No fecker has a divine right to win the league so as far as I'm concerned we should aim for the top and take things as they go....!
I couldn't agree more, I take it that you are going to chip in 50 0r 60 million quid, to make it a reality. My 60 pence should help no end.

My View on the current squad:
GKs
Schmeichel - Must keep hold of
Hamer - Keep but easily replaced
Logan - Surplus to requirements
Schwarzer - good experience to have around if he's happy not playing
Smith - Not going to get a game so let him go.

Defence
De Laet - okay as cover for RB or RWB
Konchesky - Surplus to Requirements
Morgan - Okay as cover
Upson - Surplus to requirements
Huth - Sign him up
Simpson - Bye
Moore - Loan to championship if possible
Bakayogo - Bye
Wasilewski - Keep

Midfield
Schlupp - Important that we keep him IMO
Drinkwater - cover but easily replaced
Hammond - cover but easily replaced
James - Keep
King - Keep
Albrighton - Must keep
Cambiasso - Keep at all costs
Knockaert - thanks but Bye
Mahrez - Must Keep

Forwards
Vardy - Must Keep
Ulloa - Keep
Nugent - Reasonable cover
Kramaric - Keep

Important signings
2 center backs
Left Back (2 if we plan to play 4 at the back)
Right Back
At least 1 quality CM + replacement for cambiasso if he leaves
Left Winger

Also would like to see a coaching addition for free kicks and corners.

Last edited:
Don't reinvent. Slowly build with 4 or 5 coming in. Left back, centre back, central midfield and another wing option.

The current players will be a lot better for the experience of a year. Look at the likes of Palace who had in my opinion a squad of players who I didn't think could do top flight football (Glenn Murray, Mile Jedinak and others).

My View on the current squad:
GKs
Schmeichel - Must keep hold of
Hamer - Keep but easily replaced
Logan - Surplus to requirements
Schwarzer - good experience to have around if he's happy not playing
Smith - Not going to get a game so let him go.

Defence
De Laet - okay as cover for RB or RWB
Konchesky - Surplus to Requirements
Morgan - Okay as cover
Upson - Surplus to requirements
Huth - Sign him up
Simpson - Bye
Moore - Loan to championship if possible
Bakayogo - Bye
Wasilewski - Keep

Midfield
Schlupp - Important that we keep him IMO
Drinkwater - cover but easily replaced
Hammond - cover but easily replaced
James - Keep
King - Keep
Albrighton - Must keep
Cambiasso - Keep at all costs
Knockaert - thanks but Bye
Mahrez - Must Keep

Forwards
Vardy - Must Keep
Ulloa - Keep
Nugent - Reasonable cover
Kramaric - Keep

Important signings
2 center backs
Left Back (2 if we plan to play 4 at the back)
Right Back
At least 1 quality CM + replacement for cambiasso if he leaves
Left Winger

Also would like to see a coaching addition for free kicks and corners.

Why a left winger? Our system doesn't need one.

Why a left winger? Our system doesn't need one.

Our system at the moment is playing 2 wingers as wing backs, if we keep this sytem i would like to see a more attack minded player to challenge Schlupp, and it would be nice to have the options to change the system.

I know Vardy has played there but i think that's a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363