Where do you all reckon you'll finish this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
I would imagine Kisnorbo will play a lot of games in the midfield when he's fit so that leaves one other midfield slot up for grabs...I'd rather have Hughes who conceivable could score 10.. but I doubt it.

i believe Hughes is the better of the two (hughes and williams). Its nice to have a midfield selection problem though. I just hope CL doesnt have this problem and he knows the best combination.

I dont think williams will have a sure fire first team place like last season, craig has brought in some competition now so we will see some variance, but it means when he does play he will be better and he has the capbility for goals.

Mid-table.

On the negative side, We have no money and can't expect too much from cast-offs from the SPL and we have little fire-power.

On the positive side, CL is trying to build longer term and bringing in the players he can on few resources.

So, we can expect a bit of an improvement based on the fact that we will be quite hard to beat especially away from home where there is no pressure to open up games. But there are plenty of sides with more ability and who will score lots more goals.

Since CL seems to like to play one wing tight, I do think he could play Hughes tight-left, with Williams in the centre. Kisnorbo or Tiatto could play a more holding role to let these two get forward, with Sylla on the right-wing.

So many doubters.

I think in the following players we have enough quality to do very well in this league: Hughes, Tiatto, Connolly, NoPantsOn, Maybury, Sylla, Douglas, Dublin, Williams (if he fancies it).....

Players I haven't seen yet - but could be promising: JoBrand, Kisnobs, O'Grady, Gilbert

Players who would STILL get a game for most 'promising' sides in this league: Gudjohnsson, De Vries, etc....

We're better equipped than a lot of you give credit IMO.

The last two posts are much more positive. Thats what we need. Lets get behind the boys (not in the literal sense) and lets not be negative about how poorly we could do before the competitive matches have even been played.

Redditch Fox said:
Mid-table.

On the negative side, We have no money and can't expect too much from cast-offs from the SPL and we have little fire-power.

On the positive side, CL is trying to build longer term and bringing in the players he can on few resources.

So, we can expect a bit of an improvement based on the fact that we will be quite hard to beat especially away from home where there is no pressure to open up games. But there are plenty of sides with more ability and who will score lots more goals.

You think finishing position goals scored is deciding factor? or points.

If scoring goals was the main thing then we wouldnt have got relegated 2 years back since away from home we was the 3rd highest scorers only losing out to chelsea and arsenal, we scored more then man u.

Good teams are built from the back and just because other teams are more potent up front its no good if they lose 2-3 or are 3-0 up and end up 3-3. This team we got I think is capable of holding slender leads such as 1-0 or 2-0 and will get results.

To be honest I think promotion is beyond us and I think we all no that.

I really dont care if we miss out on the play offs, promotion isnt the main aim this season for me personally. All I want from this season is some decent football, some decent home wins and a bit of pasion from the players. If we get that them I am happy, the rest (ie going up) will come in due course.

If we start playing football like a team, with some consistency from the majority of the team then its looking good.

If we cant do the above then were fcuked.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:

I really dont care if we miss out on the play offs, promotion isnt the main aim this season for me personally. All I want from this season is some decent football, some decent home wins and a bit of pasion from the players. If we get that them I am happy, the rest (ie going up) will come in due course.

If we start playing football like a team, with some consistency from the majority of the team then its looking good.

I certainly dont think that.

How can you not "care" if we miss the play offs. I will be extremely disappointed by anything less than promotion any season. You can all mock me for that but what this club needs is a bit more positivity around it. Lets hope the players dont have the same attitude that they dont care if we dont get promoted.

Ill be going into the season positive and I may well come out the other end suicidal but if we do not get promoted I will have the same attitude next season.

Lets have a bit of positivity from the fans and players and the "decent home wins" will follow.

I also expect a more than a "bit" of passion for the players. Anyone giving less than 100% for the blue of leicester needs to be dropped from the team. :mad:

Yeh but I think this division is the toughest its ever been this season.

I am very positive about this season but we have at the same time got to be realistic. This is the most competitive division in the country.

All I want is something that has been missing from the past two seasons. Consistency, good home form and pasion. If we have that I am very happy. If we have that and it gets us around the play offs or promoted then I am ecstatic! But......if we have that and it doesnt then I am still happy becuase long term we are going in the right direction.

Dont be one of these football fans who expects everything to happen immediatley. Building a team takes time and step by step we will get there. If we improve on last season then that is a positive!!!

So I am not being negative, more realistic.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Yeh but I think this division is the toughest its ever been this season.

I am very positive about this season but we have at the same time got to be realistic. This is the most competitive division in the country.

All I want is something that has been missing from the past two seasons. Consistency, good home form and pasion. If we have that I am very happy. If we have that and it gets us around the play offs or promoted then I am ecstatic! But......if we have that and it doesnt then I am still happy becuase long term we are going in the right direction.

Dont be one of these football fans who expects everything to happen immediatley. Building a team takes time and step by step we will get there. If we improve on last season then that is a positive!!!

So I am not being negative, more realistic.

Realistic I can deal with.

Im not one of those fans that expects everything to happen straight away. But im not gonna be one of those fans that always looks at the team negatively. Ill always be a lcfc fan and Ill always be behind them whatever they do. and ill always be there to make sure that they are getting every bit of encoruagement they need. I may well moan at them sometimes but that is only because they are not doing it the way I think they should. Even though I understand it may not always be the right way.

I am one of the more realistic lcfc fans in that I realise we are not a big club and are not likely to be in the near future. (However I did hear that someone who predicts football results on the net has predicted that we will win the prem in 2007!) but I know that unless we get a chelsea style takeover (highly unlikely being a smaller city/less glamourous club) we are not going to be a big club for many years to come. I just love leics and I truely believe in my heart that they can do anything. Even if that attitude does leave me disappointed most of the time.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I think everyone on this forum shares similar frustrations regards the club.

I agree isnt that why we all bother to come on here?:102:

PONTUS KAAMARK said:

I really dont care if we miss out on the play offs, promotion isnt the main aim this season for me personally. All I want from this season is some decent football, some decent home wins and a bit of passion from the players. If we get that them I am happy, the rest (ie going up) will come in due course.

Finally, some sense...:038:

Honestly!!

The absolute main aim of the club is promotion this season and I for one believe we will achieve it, or at least make the play offs when it becomes a bit of a lottery.

Get positive people.

Last edited:
DurhamFox said:
Honestly!!

The absolute main aim of the club is promotion this season and I for one believe we will achieve it, or at least make the play offs when it becomes a bit of a lottery.

Get positive people.

:018: :018:

chill yer beans bitch.:056: This is a forum full of different points of view....

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572