Which players should go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sources say that the squad is fractured and don't particular want Pearson any longer.

Schmeichel has asked the club that if a Premier club comes in for him, he wants to listen to their offer.

West Brom are very keen on Ben Marshall and think they can pick up a bargain. City already have a replacement lined up in the bosman signing of Alan Judge from Notts County.

Wellens finally wants off after an argument with Pearson. Port Vale keen.

That's what I've told.

In an ideal word.

Goodbye to Konchesky. Retirement awaits.
St Ledger you crock.
Waghorn for the good of your own career.
Futacs for similar reasons.
Danns for being a total arse.
Beckford cos he doesn't want anything to do with us and I don't think he ever did in the first place.

The problems with long contracts and high wages are still there, I know Wellens has fallen out with Nigel but where are Port Vale going to get the money to match his wages for the next 2 seasons of his contract, why would Konchesky retire with another year on his contract etc?

The problems with long contracts and high wages are still there, I know Wellens has fallen out with Nigel but where are Port Vale going to get the money to match his wages for the next 2 seasons of his contract, why would Konchesky retire with another year on his contract etc?

Totally agree. Konchesky will be here until his contract runs. Hence why I said 'ideal world'.

Wellens that's up to him. Travelling to Stoke during the week would be a lot easier than Leicester. Port Vale do have new owners who whilst not paying our rates might pay a bit better than the average League 1 club.

I know - let's pay all of the expensive players off. Then, we can pay off Pea Son's contract and those of his team.

This then leaves us free to spunk money on brand new management and a totally new squad which will need to bed in, get boo'd, become disaffected and then want to leave.

As if by magic everything is going to get better.

FunGoRound.jpg

I think this is why NP needs to stay!

We can't go through the transitional period of the new bloke giving Vardy/Konckesky another chance.

It's not the biggest squad in the world.

If Hazzman is correct, and I always think that understated hearsay has more credibility, then we are going to have a transition period anyway. A split in the ranks is about the only thing that I could see causing such a long spell of awful form and, IF Pearson and a sizeable number of players have fallen out, there will be changes.

Indeed, there is an order to things.
Threads should take the following course....

1. Pea san out
2. Pea san gone
3. The 5 million managers Homer would rather to Paul Ince
4. Managerial rumour bollocks
5. Reasons why the new manager is doomed to fail
6. Player rumour bollocks(where this thread should appear)
7. New manager out
8. Turf watch

Please observe established protocol.

:018:

You must be new here. You missed out favorite monster munch and how many marbles we have as a transfer budget in the summer.

:icon_bigg

I know - let's pay all of the expensive players off. Then, we can pay off Pea Son's contract and those of his team.

This then leaves us free to spunk money on brand new management and a totally new squad which will need to bed in, get boo'd, become disaffected and then want to leave.

As if by magic everything is going to get better.

View attachment 10388

If there is a break clause in Nigel's contract the cheapest option may be to let him go and recruit someone who can get the overpaid squad to work as a team rather than pay off all the players.

If there is a break clause in Nigel's contract the cheapest option may be to let him go and recruit someone who can get the overpaid squad to work as a team rather than pay off all the players.

How often does that happen though, at any club? There is always a large degree of change with a new manager.

How often does that happen though, at any club? There is always a large degree of change with a new manager.

Very rarely if ever happens but if Nigel is going and if the club had the sense to put a break clause into the contract of the highest paid manager in the division and if they can find someone who can get these players to play to their potential I'd be delighted.

Very rarely if ever happens but if Nigel is going and if the club had the sense to put a break clause into the contract of the highest paid manager in the division and if they can find someone who can get these players to play to their potential I'd be delighted.

Me too

Quite right (except that Wellens only has a year left, but your point stands).

imo he's played better the last few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670