Speculation Who do you want for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
on last nights effort ,which id say it was totally flat then hearing pearson say that they played pretty well,he didnt see the same game as me.id begin by looking at pearson himself, he said that burnley had set up for a defensive game but they hit the bar and nearly scored with a follow up shot leicester had 2 shots on goal,so get a new manager ,one that big players respect, it would be a much cheaper option because we do have good players at leicester,throw the old school out,howard for a start ,the only thing good about him,is the 15 mins he comes on for last part of the game ,he cheers me up ,at least when ive seen a bad game of which there were to many this season he gives us a laugh fallingabout on his arse and doing nothing.

How do you know the big players don't respect him? Why are you basing the decision to sack the manager on one game? Who would you get in instead? Don't just list names, I want to know why they would provably do such a better job than the man currently in charge. Do you think the owners would be prepared to write of the millions of pounds of compensation they spent to bring Pearson to Leicester after just a few months?

What we have been lacking all season is consistency. If we consistently played as well as we have done on occasions, we'd be in a far better position than we are now. Do you think the way we address this lack of consistency is to sack the manager? Stability will breed consitency, which is why I don't want to see any drastic changes in staff over the summer. I want the manager to stay, I want the vast majority of the players to stay and I don't want a flood of new players coming through the door. The foundations are clearly here, we just need to build on them, not know th whole thing down and start again.

I can't see Pearson as an inspirational manager.

Why's that then? Because it seems to me he's done a lot to inspire players who looked useless when Sven was here and he's gotten some big performances out of them. Whenever members of the squad are interviewed they always talk about the great spirit around the training ground. I can't see anything that points to the fact that Pearson isn't an inspirational manager.

He prowls around the technical area, with a certain degree of smugness.

Eh? Smugness?

He is almost afraid to show his emotions (remember his reaction when King scored at Cardiff in the play offs - everyone else was going crazy. He was trying to avoid any such behaviour).

First, whether he jumps around like a twat is neither here nor there - it doesn't matter one bit, but I've seen countless times where Pearson has celebrated goals. Remember the time when one of our players scored from a corner? Pearson was on camera in his technical area 'heading' the ball as it came in from the corner and when he scored he ran off and hugged Shakespeare.

In that playoff game we still had a job to do, perhaps if the players had remained as focussed as the manager, we wouldn't have had to take the game to penalties.

May be this is why he does connect with the players?

What makes you think this? Explain yourself.

So, seeing as this season is more or less over, what changes do you want to see at the club?

• A commitment to stability and a recognition that the club's primary function is that of a community service and therefore ticket prices have to be slashed so the whole community can afford to partake.
  • A new Trust with teeth and bollocks to be formed in order to campaign on issue which effect the disenfranchised and given a 40% stake in the club - with a view to total ownership.
  • The chairman to be accountable to and elected by the fans.
  • Anyone who boos a player during the match should have a bat with a breeze block nailed to it smashed into his/her face and be banned for life.
  • An open statement that the club will be run in a prudent fashion from now on with salaries and purchases limited to affordable levels.

It's who do you want, not what you want, Maws

I'm going for that there Kelly Brook walking around the pitch topless for the entire game

It's who do you want, not what you want, Maws

I'm going for that there Kelly Brook walking around the pitch topless for the entire game

Seconded.

• A commitment to stability and a recognition that the club's primary function is that of a community service and therefore ticket prices have to be slashed so the whole community can afford to partake.
  • A new Trust with teeth and bollocks to be formed in order to campaign on issue which effect the disenfranchised and given a 40% stake in the club - with a view to total ownership.
  • The chairman to be accountable to and elected by the fans.
  • Anyone who boos a player during the match should have a bat with a breeze block nailed to it smashed into his/her face and be banned for life.
  • An open statement that the club will be run in a prudent fashion from now on with salaries and purchases limited to affordable levels.

I suspect you are going to be disappointed.

If voicing one's disapproval should be banned then so should the voice of approval. Fans are as entitled to voice one just as much as the other.

I think our priorities for new players need to be a right back, a creative central midfielder and a new winger (to go on the opposite side to Marshall), plus a striker to replace to Steve Howard.

Definitely time for Howard to leave, and I'd probably get rid of Wellens and Gallagher too. I think Dyer is a good enough squad player, just shouldn't be used anywhere near as much as he has been.

Think we could see changes at centre back too. You'd expect Mills will go and I think Pearson will want someone new in there too, so Bamba, Morgan or SSL could go as well.

I don't want to see wholesale changes. I think about 5 new players will do it. I suspect we'll see more.

The ones I definitely want us to keep: Schmeichel, Marshall, Nugent, Beckford, King, and probably Schlupp.

I just want a team that can play football and can break down a defence that are only interested in defending and hoping for a break.
Players to suit are not in great number at the moment so I would want those not suitable shipped out by sale or loan and bring in the type of players that will fight for the badge and be intelligent when in possession and can put the ball in the net when given the chance.
Thankyou!!!

i still think pearson is a stubborn sod ,mills had a bust up so did st ledger,then it was beckford,there must be a reason why mills dosent get a game why?and there are problems at the back ,bamber is a good footballer ,but st ledger is a better defender.so why bamber in place of st ledger.another pearson cock up,and my god kings back on the bench ,well we all know that he was a favourite of pearson dont we ,

i still think pearson is a stubborn sod ,mills had a bust up so did st ledger,then it was beckford,there must be a reason why mills dosent get a game why?and there are problems at the back ,bamber is a good footballer ,but st ledger is a better defender.so why bamber in place of st ledger.another pearson cock up,and my god kings back on the bench ,well we all know that he was a favourite of pearson dont we ,

He fell out with St Ledger but since then he's been back in the side and playing well, he never fell out with Beckford, that was shown to be a load of cobblers cooked up by the media and we don't know what went on with Mills, we don't know what has happened behind the scenes and there could be a perfectly good reason why he's not being selected, but as it isn't public knowledge, why should we bicker over something we know nothing about?

Why are you moaning about King being back too? He's been one of our best players over the past three seasons, I for one am very, very happy he's back to fitness and back in the side. Or do you not like goalscoring midfielders?

Out of contract anyway: Weale, Logan, Vassell, Howard, Oakley, Tunchev

I'd also get rid of: Mills, Bamba, Pantsil

In: A back-up 'keeper (unless Smith is judged to be up to it), a centre-mid, a winger, a big clumping striker and two centre-backs.

Leaving us with:
GK - Schmeichel, new keeper, Smith
LB - Konchesky, Kennedy
CB - St Ledger, Morgan, new centre back (x2)
RB - Peltier, Moore
Wings - Marshall, Dyer, Gallagher, new winger
Midfield - King, Drinkwater, Wellens, Danns, new centre mid
Strikers - Beckford, Nugent, Schlupp, new striker, Hopper

For me the area that needs sorting most is the centre of defence. For once we have (at least) two good quality strikers and some good midfield players, I'm not sure any of the centre-backs really fill me with confidence though. Morgan probably the best IMO (for this level), St Ledger is trainable, a couple of additions and some training by Pearson in pre-season and I think we could have quite a good team next season.

Last edited:
If voicing one's disapproval should be banned then so should the voice of approval. Fans are as entitled to voice one just as much as the other.

In my world you have a very flat face.

If I have to go for who then I want us to sign all of the circus animals no longer allowed to perform in a circus. Stick an elephant wearing a hat in goal, have a back four made up of unicycling dogs, the midfield can be the performing lions and a couple of cheeky monkeys up front. The managerial team can consist of clowns in a funny car which falls to pieces.

There, you now all have my 'who'.

Well said at the start Indie and as Lako said, same people posting negativity and not adding anything whatsoever to the debate/discussion.

Personally I'd like to see us remain pretty much the same, well just not have a revolving door during the summer as that is where we have gone wrong over the past few years as there are definitely a few that need to go.

Out of contract players can go, Vass is a bit of a hmmmmm as he's played at a decent level before but never been overly impressed by him here and what with just coming back from a bad injury, might be best to let him move on. One of Bamba/Mills/Morgan/ St Ledge has to go as there are simply too many - not overly fussed who as to be honest, there isn't much to choose between them though if money is an issue then I'd imagine Mills would go being the highest earner. If an offer came in for Gally then I'd say it would need to be considered as he is just too inconsistant and doesn't seem to fit in a position properly but wouldn't seek to get rid as he can be very good on his few and far between days.

Additions wise, all we need in my opinion is another right back (unless Pantsill turns up from nowhere and proves to be worthwhile), central midfielder who is a ball winner and also very creative but would settle for just the one of those and then someone who can play both wings if needed just to give us another option.

Yes this season is/was very disappointing but I never believed all the hype at the start so not overly surprised and really, we aren't that far away from where we wanted to be and with a good, settled pre-season, I believe we have the potential to be right up there in the mix for automatic promotion with Wolves. Hopefully the bookies and media will write us off for next year!!

EDIT - Can't believe I hadn't put we must keep Pearson at all costs - anyone that thinks otherwise really does need to have a word with themselves and just look back over the past 5-10yrs that chopping and changing constantly does nothing beneficial.

Last edited:
Seeing as I am being portrayed in this thread as someone who posts negativity all the time, I might as well have my two pence worth...

My reaction to this thread may have been over the top in some people's eyes, but my issue is that one week we are world beaters who are destined for promotion via playoffs, the next week we are absolute shite and everyone from the top down should be sacked.

For me, the main problems lie with the defence - we dont have anything that seems "solid" (unlike the team of the MON era) and we dont have any play makers. The forwards would be scoring a bag full of goals if they had some decent service.

As to who we should bring in, I will leave that to the Manager to decide; I'm pretty sure he can see where the problems lie.

There is only one person to bring in and that is Kevin Keegan.

Anybody who doesn't agree with me is just being negative and not a proper fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669