Speculation Who do you want for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

So, seeing as this season is more or less over, what changes do you want to see at the club? New manager? New players? Players to leave? New owners? Let the traditional madness of summer speculation begin (I know a few of you will be sticking this straight onto ignore...)

There's a few players we've been linked with over the course of the season, such as Jamie Vardy, Craig Dawson. Would you want any of them to come in? Who do you think would be available in the summer?

Who do you think will go? After a bunch of alleged bust ups, will there be a few players leaving in the summer? Who do you think is well past their best? Who do you think needs moving on ASAP because they're shite?

I'd personally like to see us bring in Vardy and Dawson and (if we can get hold of him) Harry Kane as I think he looks like a real quality championship player. Also, if we're dreaming, can we have Robert Snodgrass too please?

Oh, or Jacob Butterfield please.

Oh sweet baby Jebus

It's going to be a long, long summer......

We should compile a list and send it to Pearson.

Oh sweet baby Jebus

It's going to be a long, long summer......

Why postpone the inevitable? At least I'm not SuperScout with a mental list written in my own shit!

Oh bore off then, the pair of you. You know where the ignore button is, I suggest you use it.

Some of us actually enjoy talking about players, talking about our club and indulging in a bit of speculation. If you don't then you don't have to join in, all you have to do is ignore it and keep your snarky comments to yourselves.

Last edited:
Out: King, Gallagher, Howard, Vassell (sorry but its a hard business & he's a declining force), Mills, Dyer plus anyone else if they don't want to represent LCFC

In: not my problem - Pearson to get his act together and find good players with good characters for modest outlays.

The Mockery/ Radio Leicester: to stop the nonsense hype this time round.

The Fans: to get real about expectations.

Oh I forgot Waghorn.....I suspect that he belongs in the Hume category of headless chickens, but better judges than me have rated him...so put him in the last chance saloon for a final chance.

Oh bore off then, the pair of you. You know where the ignore button is, I suggest you use it.

Some of us actually enjoy talking about players, talking about our club and indulging in a bit of speculation. If you don't then you don't have to join in, all you have to do is ignore it and keep your snarky comments to yourselves.

Here here, I notice the people who continuously slag threads off never create them themselves, nothing to offer I would imagine.

Out

Logan, Peltier, Mills, Ledger, Gallagher, King, Wellens, Howard, Pantsil, Weale plus any other who don't want the fight.

In - No idea, not my job, however I feel we need a combative midfielder and someone who can actually create something in the middle, plus a couple of new fullbacks for competition.

The fans: Get a fecking grip and learn from previous mistakes, same goes for the owners.

Also forgot Weale.....needs a complete career change.

I saw him last weekend at St Pancras on crutches, he missed his train because he couldn't get through the barriers in time! Unlucky.

I think it's probably time for him to move on, it certainly seems that Pearson won't bother with having a keeper on the bench next season, and if we get any injuries to Kasper, he'll probably look to the loan market. Weale could probably do a job for an average League One side. Is Smith any good at all? Would he be good enough to use if we got injuries?

I'm shocked people want rid of King based on a couple of performances.

Of course I wasn't simply basing it on that, that would be ridiculous.

Jacob Butterfield, Matt Jarvis (if no Premiership team snaps him up), Robert Snodgrass, Paul Taylor (Peterborough), Gabi Zakuani (Peterborough central defender), Jay Rodrigues, Chris Gunter

Jacob Butterfield, Matt Jarvis (if no Premiership team snaps him up), Robert Snodgrass, Paul Taylor (Peterborough), Gabi Zakuani (Peterborough central defender), Jay Rodrigues, Chris Gunter

Wouldn't mind Butterfield, as I said earlier, but it all depends on how well he recovers from injury. I think he did his anterior cruciate ligament earlier this season? But I think he's the only realistic one on your shopping list.

I don't think we've got any chance of getting Jarvis or Snodgrass, and I'm not convinced they're really the type of players NP would go for - big names, big transfer fees, big wages. Rodriguez would be overpriced and will either stay ar Burnley or maybe move to a smaller Premier League side, and I don't think we have much chance of getting Gunter, although I do rate him.

Zakuani and Taylor wouldn't really be up to the required standard for me.

Zakuani and Taylor wouldn't really be up to the required standard for me.

I've seen Peterborough quite a few times this season, and Zakuani (started his career with Fulham) has always impressed as a solid, reliable, pacy centre half. He's better than any of our current crop of centre halves.

Taylor was the guy who scored their winner against us recently. Scores goals, creates chances and has a good engine - something that Wellens does not do.

In terms of departures - Wellens,Dyer,Oakley,Howard,Danns,Gallagher,Morgan,Konchesky,Mills,St Ledger,Weale..

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of departures - Wellens,Dyer,Oakley,Howard,Danns,Gallagher,Morgan,Konchesky,Mills,St Ledger,Weale..

Well that's certainly more sensible than your post the other day where you suggested we sell pretty much the entire team.

Why would you get rid of Danns, Konchesky and St Ledger? They're all fairly decent performers and certainly more than good enough for our squad, especially when you consider that we have a very thin squad as it is.

I think Gallagher and Dyer are useful to have around as sqaud players and I think Wellens has his place too, although I'd like to see all three of these used far less frequently as I don't think they're the answer to any of the problems we currently have.

Do you honestly, seriously believe that Pearson will sell Morgan in the summer after buying him in Janaury? Becuase if you do, that is absolutely mental.

Last edited:
on last nights effort ,which id say it was totally flat then hearing pearson say that they played pretty well,he didnt see the same game as me.id begin by looking at pearson himself, he said that burnley had set up for a defensive game but they hit the bar and nearly scored with a follow up shot leicester had 2 shots on goal,so get a new manager ,one that big players respect, it would be a much cheaper option because we do have good players at leicester,throw the old school out,howard for a start ,the only thing good about him,is the 15 mins he comes on for last part of the game ,he cheers me up ,at least when ive seen a bad game of which there were to many this season he gives us a laugh fallingabout on his arse and doing nothing.

I can't see Pearson as an inspirational manager. He prowls around the technical area, with a certain degree of smugness. He is almost afraid to show
his emotions (remember his reaction when King scored at Cardiff in the play offs - everyone else was going crazy. He was trying to avoid any such
behaviour). May be this is why he does connect with the players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566