Speculation Who do you want for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see NP make a statement that separates the last couple of seasons from the future. How about transfer listing the entire squad with the exception of the U21s and those recruited in January?

That way, there is no discrimination between the 'old guard' and the Sven signings. There is acknowledgement that nobody at the club has done enough. There is a clear message that what has gone on has to change.

Not that I'd expect that many changes even if he took this action. It's more symbolic. However, if any of them leave, I wouldn't be upset.

Aside from that, ditch all those out of contract and then add - Weale, Pantsil, Mills, Bamba, Kennedy, Wellens, Gallagher, Dyer & Beckford. We'll probably need 4-5 additions in their place.

To ensure once the transfers out & in are finalised, that the overall wage bill is significantly reduced as a result

To ensure once the transfers out & in are finalised, that the overall wage bill is significantly reduced as a result

What is the wage bill?

Could I put in a request for more fans like lako42? There is probably nothing better for us than to be told we are bellends and wankers on a more regular basis.

Not sure why so many are happy to get rid of Dyer. He is one of the most improved players since Pearson's return. Width is one of the key things that we lack so it would be ludicrous to ship him out.

I'd let Gallagher go, he's not a natural wide player and he is far too inconsistent to be a part of our squad. I think Marshall can adequately take over his dead ball duties and improve on them. Wellens I would keep but only as a squad player. Howard needs to go, he's too old and too ineffective now, the decision to offer him a new contract was possibly one of the worst that Sven made during his time here. The Mills Pearson situation seems untenable and with his high wages we need to get rid if he isn't going to play.

All of the out of contract players need to be let go with possibly the exception of Vassell. That would all hinge on how his injury has affected his pace and stamina. I think we have missed him this season since he's been out and if he has retained that I would certainly offer him a deal for another year.

I'm just going to be boring & repeat my earlier call for Robert Koren to come here.Hull don't look like going up & he's out of contract in July.I'd be at least mildly surprised if NP wasn't giving it some thought.Creative player,just what we need,on the cheap.Ticks all the boxes.
Has looked class every single time I've seen him play.

Someone who has got a copy of a Trixie's Big Red Motorbike compilation (or a Peel Session).

Last edited:
Could I put in a request for more fans like lako42? There is probably nothing better for us than to be told we are bellends and wankers on a more regular basis.

The simple solution to this is for people to stop acting like Bellends and Wankers at football matches.

If people are unable to do this then they will have to put up with the label I'm afraid, although I'm quite sure that people who stand on the terrace and Boo and abuse players would never be offended by being called the above words, If they are then they are simple morons, but obviously they wouldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669