Who do you want to be the new LCFC manager?

Who do you want to be the new LCFC manager?

• Bryan Robson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary McAllistair

• Joe_Fox (3-4-1-2)

• Mike Newell

• Gordon Strachan

• Gerrard Houllier

• Dave from Long Eaton

• Henry Hornblower

• Phil Jupitus

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
While I agree Tony (and normally do with your posts) I think the work Strachan did at Southampton was superb, and the team spirit created excellent.

I would like to see Newell here too mind, good connections with the club, good young manager...

Suddenly I feel excited, it's a whole new day...

Yeah, I'm quite excited too. I tell you what, whoever we get, it'll shake it up a bit and hopefully kick start our season. BOOOM!

Claridge is no manager to me either, Strachan yes, but he will never come so as I've said for about a month, we are left with either McAllister or Keown cause we have NO MONEY for Newell.

As a result I'd go for McAllister managing and Keown as coach.

I don't know but I would imagine that Luton would request some compo and we don't have it.

Dunc said:
I don't know but I would imagine that Luton would request some compo and we don't have it.

He's been quoted in the past as wanting to manage at a higher level and he's yet to sign his new contract at Luton, so it isn't impossible

EMC Fox said:
Dunc said:

This is funny as I gather Luton were DESPERATE to get him to sign his new contract on Friday... wonder why :roll:

Nothing on Luton's offical site about contract or a "hand's off" warning that usually get issued when speculation is rife. Not that i enjoyed going to Luton's offical site...is as awful as their stadium

I'd take a slice of that 33's Bobby Robson,just until the end of the season.

highland fox said:

Can't see City being that attractive to someone who's managed several of Europe's top teams. Plus we couldn't afford his wages.

d70g said:
highland fox said:

Can't see City being that attractive to someone who's managed several of Europe's top teams. Plus we couldn't afford his wages.

We could do the old comma trick, he is pretty old and might not realise.

I don't think Bobby Robson is too bothered about wages nowadays,he's hardly on the 'bones of his arse'.As for us not looking attractive for him,he's 70 I think not too many top clubs are going to want a 70 year old manager.It's only an idea anyway and 33/1 is a big price,i wouldn't object to him taking over until the end of the season.We'll probably get someone who is out of a job then theres no compensation and we could do with a quick replacement.I wouldn't take 7/2 Bassett with counterfeit money.

The fact that people are thinking that bassett is gonna do well is shocking!!! He was once an average manager and has done nothing since, as for the rest suggesting robson, strachan etc I think some people need to wake up, there is no way we would get these people.

This leaves us with mcallister who didnt do much at cov and newell who is still a young manager. I remember when we ended up getting a young manager who had done well in the lower leagues and everyone was raving about him, 3 season later he has had to resign because of the fans! ring any bells. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669