Who do you want to be the new LCFC manager?

Who do you want to be the new LCFC manager?

• Bryan Robson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary McAllistair

• Joe_Fox (3-4-1-2)

• Mike Newell

• Gordon Strachan

• Gerrard Houllier

• Dave from Long Eaton

• Henry Hornblower

• Phil Jupitus

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxes_Never_Quit said:
I still can't believe he has resigned. He doesn't strike me as a quiter and so to do this he must have been very down.

I feel seriously dissapointed now that the dust has settled a bit. Really can not believe Micky has had to do this.

Also, thinking about replacements, I can not get inspired by any of the managers we have a realistic chance of getting (McAllister, Newell).

Im afraid think it may be best to give it to Bassett and reassess at the end of the season.

I am convinced that Micky lost the plot some time ago and knew that himself. However there were two reasons why I had reservations about him going: one, because he is the sort of guy you would like to see succeed; two, because of the possibility that this board would feel the need to save cash by handing the job - for the rest of this season - to Bassett. I cannot believe that anyone who supports LCFC could possibly want Bassett in charge again - he is a total dead hand who everyone wanted out of the way last time round.

McAllister never achieved much at Coventry but Newell seems to be a possible winner. However, on balance I would give Keown a try on the basis of his exceptional background.

This is not a good situation but maybe time to take a risk. Keown's appointment would also not entail any extra cost - regretably I expect DB to be allowed to rule agin.

Redditch Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:
I still can't believe he has resigned. He doesn't strike me as a quiter and so to do this he must have been very down.

I feel seriously dissapointed now that the dust has settled a bit. Really can not believe Micky has had to do this.

Also, thinking about replacements, I can not get inspired by any of the managers we have a realistic chance of getting (McAllister, Newell).

Im afraid think it may be best to give it to Bassett and reassess at the end of the season.

I am convinced that Micky lost the plot some time ago and knew that himself. However there were two reasons why I had reservations about him going: one, because he is the sort of guy you would like to see succeed; two, because of the possibility that this board would feel the need to save cash by handing the job - for the rest of this season - to Bassett. I cannot believe that anyone who supports LCFC could possibly want Bassett in charge again - he is a total dead hand who everyone wanted out of the way last time round.

McAllister never achieved much at Coventry but Newell seems to be a possible winner. However, on balance I would give Keown a try on the basis of his exceptional background.

This is not a good situation but maybe time to take a risk. Keown's appointment would also not entail any extra cost - regretably I expect DB to be allowed to rule agin.

Just because keown was a class defender at arsenal doesnt mean he will be a great manager, as in tony adams at wycombe.

I think the job at the club deserves an experienced manager as i think that this is a big club and deserves to be treated as such, personally i would go for strachan on the basis of what he acheived at southampton.

Lboro fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Just because keown was a class defender at arsenal doesnt mean he will be a great manager, as in tony adams at wycombe.

I think the job at the club deserves an experienced manager as i think that this is a big club and deserves to be treated as such, personally i would go for strachan on the basis of what he acheived at southampton.

According to century cork has also gone, didnt want him in charge, basset in charge permenantly would
be a mistake.

I don't think anyone fancies Bassett long term. It's a little scary that he might be manager for a while. I saw on Ceefax that the club are in no hurry to find a replacement. (I'ts gonna be like Pleat at Spurs).

Bassett was a competant manager years ago but theese days are different. Thing is, we've no idea how city will be 12 months from now (or what division!!) I'm excited about new manager but also worried that it could just as easy go wobbly and we become Wolves.

COME ON LEICESTER

Respect to Mickey though for jumping and not making the club pay his contract off

Orifice said:
I don't think anyone fancies Bassett long term. It's a little scary that he might be manager for a while. I saw on Ceefax that the club are in no hurry to find a replacement. (I'ts gonna be like Pleat at Spurs).

Bassett was a competant manager years ago but theese days are different. Thing is, we've no idea how city will be 12 months from now (or what division!!) I'm excited about new manager but also worried that it could just as easy go wobbly and we become Wolves.

COME ON LEICESTER

Respect to Mickey though for jumping and not making the club pay his contract off

absolutely...providing he doesnt walk into the soton job next week.although he has said he wants a rest from football ..............should have been sitting next to me all season ive had a right rest from it :roll:

If Newell does come, he might be just like Adams, he had a good playing career, he is doing extremely well at a lower league team, and he is still a very young manager.

Also, i dont want him to be the manager, but it is a possibility that John Gregory :evil: could be the next manager. Knowing Bassett and crew, they will probably sign some fruity manager for us. Although, he hasn't had a job 4 a while now, he might do some magic.

Not feckin Howard feckin Wilkinson, that's for sure!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

We've swapped a likeable Yorkshireman who has unfortunately lost his way tactically for a completely unloveable Yorkshireman (and I include his mother in that) who lost his tactical ability over a decade ago.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Any manager we have the potential to get is always going to be 2nd best to Micky Adams, which is why it absolutely beggars belief that the majority of the fans wanted him out!

Or was it just a noisy minority bullying the quiet majority?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Why is he a dead hand?

He projects himself as a manager from the land that time forgot and his last involvement here was a disaster and he represents the negative aspects of the Micky regime ( unattractive football) and none of Micky's better qualities.

I trust you will have noticed that I pointed out many times that the problem with Micky leaving was that we were likely to finish up with someone worse - regretably Micky could not get things together & clearly had lost faith in his ability so to do. Hardly the fans fault.

alex said:
londonfox said:
i would love to see glenn hoddle get the job...

Why?

I presume londonfox is having a bubble bath here, why would anyone want Glenn Hoddle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669