Who do you want to be the new LCFC manager?

Who do you want to be the new LCFC manager?

• Bryan Robson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary McAllistair

• Joe_Fox (3-4-1-2)

• Mike Newell

• Gordon Strachan

• Gerrard Houllier

• Dave from Long Eaton

• Henry Hornblower

• Phil Jupitus

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willlow said:
The fact that people are thinking that bassett is gonna do well is shocking!!! He was once an average manager and has done nothing since, as for the rest suggesting robson, strachan etc I think some people need to wake up, there is no way we would get these people.

This leaves us with mcallister who didnt do much at cov and newell who is still a young manager. I remember when we ended up getting a young manager who had done well in the lower leagues and everyone was raving about him, 3 season later he has had to resign because of the fans! ring any bells. :?

Good point, although I remember another 'young manager' who had done well in the lower leagues, who went on to record considerable success at our wee club....

Good point, although I remember another 'young manager' who had done well in the lower leagues, who went on to record considerable success at our wee club....[/quote]

Is this the same manager who got booed after 10 games and never forgive the fans, no matter how high the success?

Willlow said:
Good point, although I remember another 'young manager' who had done well in the lower leagues, who went on to record considerable success at our wee club....

Is this the same manager who got booed after 10 games and never forgive the fans, no matter how high the success?[/quote]

Mmmm, a few ate a lot of humble pie back then I reckon!

I trust you're not comparing MA to MON?

Well i think thats the problem!! Everyone compares MA to MON and so when we arent in the top 10 in the prem they automatically assume its the managers fault not that we have since lost nearly the whole of that squad and been into adminstration. It might also be a long time until we are a top 10 prem team again.

Good point again Willow, not convinced MA was in control anymore though, whether 'forcing' him out as he has effectively been is a good or bad thing, I guess only time will tell.

As a willow, do you constantly search out brooks and streams?

homer said:
at our wee club

You've got a wee club ?
Is it "who gets it the highest" ?

Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.

:lol: :lol: Homer, your signature makes sense in this one.

Tony Elsby said:
I'd go with that. The bloke's had a bit of class as a player and there are signs he'll have it as a manager too.

Keown would be better than a lot because he's a winner but he's never going to have City in his blood to my second choice would be a surprise...I'd go for Steve Claridge.

He's got City blood in him and I'm sure he just love to shove another one right up the doubters' anuses.

Claridge has always been a character but he always delivered too in a City shirt and besides we need a character to put bums back on the Walkers seats and a smile back on their faces.

Houlier? What f.....g connection has he got to LCFC?. Was he renowned for free-slowing, attacking, fearless football even with some of the world's best players at his disposal?

In order I'd go for Newell, Claridge, Keown. I'd think we'd soon be winning again with any of them. Strong characters with a touch of class that's the answer. I don't see Strachan or McAllister in this mould or a good many others shining their CV's on the managerial merry-go-round.

Why do people think we need a manager with a connection to LCFC?

The last former player who became manager was Frank McLintock, and he was the worst manager in our history.

Did Martin O'Neill play for Leicester?
Ferguson play for Man U?
Wenger for Arsenal?
Clough for f*rest?

Of course they didn't. But that hasn't stopped them being great managers.

We need a good manager, any connection he has to LCFC is irrelevant.

So good to have you back Webbo - where you been?

Of course, you're abdsolutely correct...

Who do you want? How do you feel about today's events?

calm down Alex, your like an excited little puppy!! :D

webmaster said:
Tony Elsby said:
I'd go with that. The bloke's had a bit of class as a player and there are signs he'll have it as a manager too.

Keown would be better than a lot because he's a winner but he's never going to have City in his blood to my second choice would be a surprise...I'd go for Steve Claridge.

He's got City blood in him and I'm sure he just love to shove another one right up the doubters' anuses.

Claridge has always been a character but he always delivered too in a City shirt and besides we need a character to put bums back on the Walkers seats and a smile back on their faces.

Houlier? What f.....g connection has he got to LCFC?. Was he renowned for free-slowing, attacking, fearless football even with some of the world's best players at his disposal?

In order I'd go for Newell, Claridge, Keown. I'd think we'd soon be winning again with any of them. Strong characters with a touch of class that's the answer. I don't see Strachan or McAllister in this mould or a good many others shining their CV's on the managerial merry-go-round.

The last former player who became manager was Frank McLintock, and he was the worst manager in our history.

Ferguson play for Man U?
Wenger for Arsenal?
Clough for f*rest?

Webyo! Awesome, the boss is back, did the Springsteen talk trigger an alert on your PC??? Woof Woof! I'm an excited puppy too. I'm gonna catch my tail.

alex said:
Willlow said:
calm down Alex, your like an excited little puppy!! :D

Webbo is back, Webbo is back....

Wayhayyyyyyyyyyyy, Webbo is back, Webbo is back.... :D :D :D

I still can't believe he has resigned. He doesn't strike me as a quiter and so to do this he must have been very down.

I feel seriously dissapointed now that the dust has settled a bit. Really can not believe Micky has had to do this.

Also, thinking about replacements, I can not get inspired by any of the managers we have a realistic chance of getting (McAllister, Newell).

Im afraid think it may be best to give it to Bassett and reassess at the end of the season.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
I still can't believe he has resigned. He doesn't strike me as a quiter and so to do this he must have been very down.

I feel seriously dissapointed now that the dust has settled a bit. Really can not believe Micky has had to do this.

I'm not saying this is pre-arranged but it wouldn't surprise me if Micky took a break and returned to Southampton after their relegation.

Willlow said:
The fact that people are thinking that bassett is gonna do well is shocking!!! He was once an average manager and has done nothing since

In my opinion this is complete crap. At this level Bassett is a very good manager and his record proves this. 7 promotions (no other manager has more if im correct) and a handfull of playoffs in a 25 year career with clubs on tight budgets!

I seriously think we could do a lot worse. Give him the job for the season.

webmaster said:
Tony Elsby said:

Don't remember saying we HAVE to have a manager with Leicester connections... I've mentioned Keown, Sir Bobby Robson and others as possibles.

However I'm inclined towards someone with "Leicester Blood" just because of people like O'Neill. Almost throughout his "reign" there was speculation about his leaving for this club and that - a point I think would apply to Keown were he to be successful.

I just feel the club needs someone who "loves" Leicester and wants to take em up to and beyond the boundaries we have explored so far.

I am realistic enough to see that if we don't get Newell then there are'nt too many "City" alternatives.

Like everyone else I want a manager capable of putting excitement back in the club but too many names mentioned don't fit in that category to me - and the mere mention of some is an insult to the club.

Ferguson play for Man U?
Wenger for Arsenal?
Clough for f*rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669