Who For The Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why that is though Homer, is this because a lot of City fans have got their heads in the clouds?

Warnock wouldn't be my first choice, but realistically would be a decent signing IMO against Ince.

It's because he's a twat

And I'm a decent signing compared to Ince

....we've got to keep the faith. Warnock is a sick joke. he's not a great manager, he's not done a great job at Shef United, (they should have been safe 2 months ago and they had the easiest run in), and he's not coming to leicester. He is passionate blades fan and did an adequate job. no way is warnock going to be appointed manager at LCFC - a club he has previously slagged off. It would be insane.

must think nice happy thoughts.... coleman, burley, davis.... ince, worthington...NO! NO!..this is a nightmare. MM please put us out of this nightmare

Coleman - Sheff UTD
Davies - Derby
Burley - Saints
Jewell - Time off/Man City

So, what are we left with?

Newell
Ince
Worthington
Warnock
Robson
Megson

These are the realistic ones now surely?

realistically, Burley is not moving. Davis - could be an outsider, rumours suggest he is not happy at Derby. So Coleman must be the leading candidate - Sheff United have Stuart McCall and Brian Kidd ready and waiting to take over / Man C are going Dutch, so hopefully its a shoe-in

I honestly don't know how I feel about this, I hate him almost as much as wise, but he appears to be an ok manager, though hasn't really achieved alot

Yes, he hasnt achieved nothing. He only rose Scarborough to their highest ever league position, got Notts County in the top flight for the first time in umpteen years and got Sheffield United promoted.

Sensible appointment on the playing side

Not so sensible on the fans side.

realistically, Burley is not moving. Davis - could be an outsider, rumours suggest he is not happy at Derby. So Coleman must be the leading candidate - Sheff United have Stuart McCall and Brian Kidd ready and waiting to take over / Man C are going Dutch, so hopefully its a shoe-in

i rather have warnock or coleman at this moment in time, davis might be going to manchester city if he doesnt win promotion, and the rest i agree with, Man City are going Dutch:038:

Yes, he hasnt achieved nothing. He only rose Scarborough to their highest ever league position, got Notts County in the top flight for the first time in umpteen years and got Sheffield United promoted.

Sensible appointment on the playing side

Not so sensible on the fans side.

I do respect Hazzman informed assessment of Warnock's record, and he may have achieved great things at Scarborough and Notts C. But you know what, in Warnock's case - i don't care, and I am not sure any decent Championship or potential Premieship player will care either. He's a pantomine villain with good line in upsetting people and slagging off everyone else apart from himself and who has achieved little at the highest level. Correct me if I am wrong, but two relegations, with 2 clubs at 2 first attempts.

Though my preferred choice of Coleman or even Pearce, have no silver wear at manager level, I think they offer a better bet at this level, will certainly create greater optimism and will attract better players.

Last edited:
I have just been reading Warnock's comments on Sky Sports and picked up on the following two: -

'I want to manage in the Premiership and I have a number of years left.'

'I am relishing the challenge and it drives me on to be back in the Premiership in the near future.'

It looks to me as if he is thinking about a championship side which could get into the premiership in the next few seasons. Although, I don't see why he would think Leicester had a better chance than Sheffied United.

The problem for Milan now is that there is now another championship club looking for a dynamic manager to get them back into the premiership as fast as possible. He has to convince his manager of choice sees Leicester as more attractive than Sheffield. They have funds with a big parachute payment.

I have been realiably informed that MM wanted Warnock to replace Rednapp at Portsmouth whilst MM was there and interviewed him several times. If this is the case then I'm affraid the deal is almost done - and I don't like it ONE BIT. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

I have been realiably informed that MM wanted Warnock to replace Rednapp at Portsmouth whilst MM was there and interviewed him several times. If this is the case then I'm affraid the deal is almost done - and I don't like it ONE BIT.

It's well known that MM wanted Warnock at Portsmouth, it was well publicised at the time.
But Warnock turned him down.

If Warnock didn't want to work for MM in the Premiership, why whould he want to do so in the Championship?

It's well known that MM wanted Warnock at Portsmouth, it was well publicised at the time.
But Warnock turned him down.

If Warnock didn't want to work for MM in the Premiership, why whould he want to do so in the Championship?

Perhaps he didn't want to move that far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669