Who For The Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you wouldnt mind being hated in the same way leeds are :102:

i wouldnt mind that at all. although thinking about it leeds are really hated :)

i like to think most neutralls admire our club for what we have done in the past
In my experience quite a lot of people think of us as the reason the ten point deduction exists - the last club, and the biggest one at that time, to "get away with" administration.

I don't think we're universally popular... but personally I don't give a shit!

**** 'em, all of 'em :098:

We are not a 'popular' club at all I don't think. 'Fester' as we're referred too have not too many admirers....

Latest gossip from the Daily Mail:

Foxes hunt 'mad dog' Allen

Martin Allen has emerged as a rival to Neil Warnock and Chris Coleman for the Leicester job after guiding MK Dons to the League Two play-off semi-final.

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric, currently in Florida on holiday, is expected to make a formal approach to MK Dons for permission to speak with Allen after the outcome of their semi-final second leg against Shrewsbury.

Allen has worked on restricted budgets at Brentford and MK Dons and it is understood Leicester prefer his managerial style to the abrasive approach of Warnock.

The Mail own the Leicester Mercury so there may be something in this. Play off team - not totally lazy journo as knows where MM is.

I'd prefer him to Warnock or Coleman personally.

When are we looking at a decision to be made by MM regarding the new manager, i am not sure but he did say by the end of the month, so in a real world that would mean in the next 12days

Allen's impressive early managerial record at Brentford/MK Dons:

Pld 178
W 82
D 47
L 49

Win % of 46%

Stats are good considering he took over two clubs who were on their knees at the time. He's had next to nothing to spend and had two very good cup runs (two 5th round FA cup exits) in there too. This is the third successive season he's taken his team to the play offs.

He'll be 42 in the summer. Started out his coaching career as assistant to Pardew at Reading. Worked under George Graham among others as a youngster. Harry Redknapp signed him for West Ham. He left Portsmouth in 1998 (so may or may not have crossed MM's path?).

Lots of interesting connections. The more I read about him, the more impressive his credentials seem.

As I've said, his involvement in the play offs with MK Dons would explain the delay in naming a boss. He's got an enthusiatic style that would probably suit MM. He'd be very keen and relatively cheap.

Last edited:
My dad has wanted Allen since CL left, I wasn't sure but he does have an impressive win record, and he is a nutter!

When are we looking at a decision to be made by MM regarding the new manager, i am not sure but he did say by the end of the month, so in a real world that would mean in the next 12days

No later than the end of the month short list is done, the new man will be in, we find out the man behind the mask to take this club forward i thank you all ;):icon_lol:

Can't see Johnson, Grayson or Tigana being offered the job. Allen and O'Leary are the strongest candidates!

Manager Games % Won % Not Lost

Allen 179 45.8% 72.1%
Johnson 452 44.9% 68.1%
Tigana 154 44.8% 72.1%
Grayson 83 44.6% 73.5%
O'Leary 334 44.3% 68.9%
Newell 129 41.9% 67.2%
Davies 277 41.5% 69.0%
Ince 35 40.0% 62.9%
Warnock 1017 39.8% 67.5%
Dowie 235 38.7% 65.5%
Worthington 419 38.2% 61.1%
Hoddle 504 38.1% 67.9%
Coleman 176 34.7% 59.7%
Pearce 120 34.2% 58.3%
Roeder 349 33.5% 60.7%

Can't see why Johnson couldn't be interviewed, he's got an excellent record in England, double promotions for Yeovil, one for Bristol City, and at international level with Latvia. He's also got a great rep for attractive football, the kind of play we'll need in the Prem to stay up, and for bringing youngsters through to first team, which we'd all like to see.

It's also telling from your stats that he's more experienced than any of your list but Warnock and Hoddle.

If he's available, he's definitely the one for me, I can see him wanting to get Bristol into the Premiership though.

come on milan

Whilst i agree that this is possibly the most important decision of the Milan era, and the season is still not completely over, don't you think its time he made his mind up over the new manager?

Its not as if there is a committee to rubber stamp his recommendations!

Just wonder if he is waiting for the result from the Play Off final next week!! Billy Davies would be a welcome cjoice to me.

It also worries me that we are being linked with every aged player released by Prem clubs. The manager should be selecting the players not the chairman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669