Who For The Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be gutted if I were a Blade

I'm not so sure they won't do a good job there you know....Does that sentance even make sense?

I think they'll do well. There, better....However I am glad they're not at our club. Again, is that odd? Do I not want us to succeed?

I'm not so sure they won't do a good job there you know....Does that sentance even make sense?

I think they'll do well. There, better....However I am glad they're not at our club. Again, is that odd? Do I not want us to succeed?

I don't see why Robson will be successful there tbh. I think he lives next to door to Jeff.

I think that the appointment of Robson will no doubt deliver at least a play off challenge for Sheffield United, but I am astonished they have gone for him as his time at Middlesboro and West Brom has proven his limitations at premiership level. Hardly a long term appointment, if they win promotion I will be amazed if he survives the season back in the top flight.

An opportunity missed by the Blades IMO, may as well have retained Warnock.

Last edited:
Can't see why Johnson couldn't be interviewed, he's got an excellent record in England, double promotions for Yeovil, one for Bristol City, and at international level with Latvia. He's also got a great rep for attractive football, the kind of play we'll need in the Prem to stay up, and for bringing youngsters through to first team, which we'd all like to see.

It's also telling from your stats that he's more experienced than any of your list but Warnock and Hoddle.

If he's available, he's definitely the one for me, I can see him wanting to get Bristol into the Premiership though.

FFS - shall we just worry about getting out of the Championship first?

I think that the appointment of Robson will no doubt deliver at least a play off challenge for Sheffield United, but I am astonished they have gone for him as his time at Middlesboro and West Brom has proven his limitations at premiership level. Hardly a long term appointment, if they win promotion I will be amazed if he survives the season back in the top flight.

An opportunity missed by the Blades IMO, may as well have retained Warnock.

But how easy it for clubs like the Blades to attract top drawer or indeed very promising managers?

Robson is never going to be a top premiership manager - but he did keep the Baggies in the prem a couple of seasons ago against all the odds - and he does have a bit of passion about his football.

Inevitably, this puts into context the situation at the Walkers. The only good thing I can think of is that allegedly the Blades rejected Chris Coleman. Why is this? What is the problem people have with Coleman? He is a bright young manager who had Fulham over-achieving, I would have thought he would have been snapped up by now. There must be a reason why not.

In my view if he is available, then Mandaric should move quickly. Warnock would be a decent appointment - but I think short term (like Mandaric?) - Coleman would be excellent. There is no way that he would put up with the appalling playing standards we have now.

Its all about Chris Coleman dont worry everyone be happy ;)

But how easy it for clubs like the Blades to attract top drawer or indeed very promising managers?

Robson is never going to be a top premiership manager - but he did keep the Baggies in the prem a couple of seasons ago against all the odds - and he does have a bit of passion about his football.

Inevitably, this puts into context the situation at the Walkers. The only good thing I can think of is that allegedly the Blades rejected Chris Coleman. Why is this? What is the problem people have with Coleman? He is a bright young manager who had Fulham over-achieving, I would have thought he would have been snapped up by now. There must be a reason why not.

In my view if he is available, then Mandaric should move quickly. Warnock would be a decent appointment - but I think short term (like Mandaric?) - Coleman would be excellent. There is no way that he would put up with the appalling playing standards we have now.

The Blades wanted an experienced manager with experience of the championship, hence why Coleman was not successful.

Coleman has thus far delivered a win one, draw two and lose two record in his managerial career. Thats a point a game just like Kelly and Levein.

Why does that suggest that he's a good manager?

Our encounter with him resulted in his team scraping through in the cup against us after a replay. He's that good he managed to make some of our players look vaguely competant.

He's had one job with a club he was at for 10 years and got sacked cos Sanchez was deemed to be a better option. A damning verdict.

There are loads of clubs needing managers and he's hardly beating them off is he.

He inherited an excellent and innovative set up from Tigana and proceeded to see it steadily fall apart. His record on promoting young players is poor. His record of keeping good players is poor. He has an inflated idea of his own talent.

Can someone please tell me why so many of you think he's the answer to all our problems? At least I can understand the theory behind appointing someone like Warnock. But Chris 'fecking' Coleman?

I don't think you need to worry about Coleman being appointed. It's taking so long for MM to decide so I expect him to pick someone else. Don't know who though!

Judging by the timescales it does seem to point to a manager who is still employed by another club. Surely if Mandaric was seriously considering an out of work manager as his no 1 choice then an appointment would have been announced by now.

I would have thought if Milan had wanted an out of work manager he would have had him in by now and clearing the sh*te from our stables ready for some bargain basement thoroughbreds!

I therefore assume he is trying to prise someone away from a current premiership/championship club, or trying to persuade someone to come here rather than to the premiership.

If a manager is still under contract, does Milan still have to ask permission of a chairman to talk to a manager in the close season?

I would have thought if Milan had wanted an out of work manager he would have had him in by now and clearing the sh*te from our stables ready for some bargain basement thoroughbreds!

I therefore assume he is trying to prise someone away from a current premiership/championship club, or trying to persuade someone to come here rather than to the premiership.

If a manager is still under contract, does Milan still have to ask permission of a chairman to talk to a manager in the close season?

If MM wants to do it by the book yes he does, but in this day and age if he has been on the phone to other chairman it would have surely been leaked to the media :102:

MM has asked for time and patience and given himself a deadline of the end of the month, so we should know in ten and a bit days who it is going to be.

Speaking to Ali on friday he said its a done deal for Warnock.....:icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670