Who should stay and who should go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the economics of football mean that its unsustainable for a big spending Championship club to stay in that league. Championship = losing money big time; Premier League = big time income. I don't think anyone, the owners especially will be up anything less than promotion next season and I doubt if they're over the moon with the returns on their spending this season.

There are winners and losers in football. I'm not sure into which category Sven of 2011 fits. Old Fox suggests he will be a lot w*s*r for this season, well his actions this summer will give us a guide as to how much w*s*r.

But I don't think Sven was given a timeline of this season to reach the Premier League. Whilst he has come close, fans should not make him a victim of his own success. I think after Sousa left the owners realistically believed promotion was most probable next season and everything has been geared towards that. E.g. loans rather than permenant purchases this season.

I think Kamara has looked good when I've seen him and links up well with Yakubu. So I'd like to see him stay. Isn't he available on a free in the summer too?

I think Kamara has looked good when I've seen him and links up well with Yakubu. So I'd like to see him stay. Isn't he available on a free in the summer too?

If he is available on a free and his wages are crazy then get him in. If he costs anything then the money could be spent better elsewhere!

STAY
Wibble
Wobble
Winky Woo
Wah Wah
Winkerton
Naughton, too

GO
Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
And Weale

If he is available on a free and his wages are crazy then get him in. If he costs anything then the money could be spent better elsewhere!

Yeah his contract runs out in the summer, so i'd be more than happy if we offered him one.

Not quoting anyone in particular (other than PR) but i think Profondo Rosso has hit the nail on the head.

To even consider thinking we could do better then Sven at this point - given no pre season is just laughable.

Those of you on this forum who are complaining about what he has spent so far are clearly forgetting the money we got from Fryatt, i would be surprised if our change in fortunes from bottom to currently 10th has cost anything more than a few hundred thousand pounds.

In which case it is money well spent to secure (at least) our championship status.

I for one am really looking forward to next season.

Last edited:
STAY
Wibble
Wobble
Winky Woo
Wah Wah
Winkerton
Naughton, too

GO
Pugh
Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert
Dibble
And Weale

Grubb, stay or go? :102:

Not quoting anyone in particular (other than PR) but i think Profondo Rosso has hit the nail on the head.

To even consider thinking we could do better then Sven at this point - given no pre season is just laughable.

Those of you on this forum who are complaining about what he has spent so far are clearly forgetting the money we got from Fryatt, i would be surprised if our change in fortunes from bottom to currently 10th has cost anything more than a few hundred thousand pounds.

In which case it is money well spent to secure (at least) our championship status.

I completely agree

:038::038:

Interesting that so many would keep Tunchev....why?

If fully fit and at the form he was before he got injured he would be a great squad player if not starting eleven, however, that is a very big if!

I find it bizarre that people are keen to see a return to the revolving door policy we had under Allen, Megson et al. For every player we release we're, more or less, going to have to replace. A sudden influx of players is not going to do the team any good, we've witnessed that first hand for three miserable seasons.

If it were up to me, which it clearly isn't, I'd have out all the players who haven't figured this season (Tunchev excepted) and bring in only a couple of extra players for next year, preferably the loanees we have. Up until the last five games our squad has shown it can do it.

They're both League 1 at best man, have you lost your ****ing mind?

Yeah, but they run about a lot, get stuck in and are full of pashun

We need to build a team around players like that

this indecision's bugging me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675