Who should stay and who should go

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be daft to have more than one anyhoo... unless you like hard work!:081:

One is hard work. More than one is stupidity. I don't know how Trevor managed it.

Citeh will not get promoted from the Championship with Svennis in charge. This is not a slight on his ability but I'm as certain of this as I am about King being sold in the summer.

'i' is a vowel in Slovene, just as it is in English.

'r' is, in some instances, a vowel in Slovene and in some other Slavic languages.

But congratulations to you, David, for identifying Krunchich as a Slovene - unlike Soccerbase, who appear to believe he comes from quite a separate place.

crncic.JPG

It's interesting that when I suggested 'Eriksson' in my response to the question "Who should stay and who should go?" Mr Gwilliam and others just assumed I felt he should leave when in fact I may have been indicating he should stay.

While I like Sven as our manager and hope he gets us promoted next season, I do question many of his recent team selections.

Has he got what it takes to get a team promoted from the championship?

Although I'd like him to manage us in the Premier League with a pot of money behind him, in this division I'd prefer a manager with more of a blood and guts approach, someone with a passion who builds and evolves a team rather than hires a load of mercenaries and wanabees who don't seem an awful lot better than what we had before.

Hobbs v Brouma

Fryatt v Yakubu

Weale v Ricardo

Is Sven ruthless enough? I question what is the point of keeping Howard, Oakley and Berner?

Two wins out of the last 10 games is relegation form and simply not good enough for a manager with all the money and options he has had at his disposal.

I reckon any one of the managers of the current top six teams in the division would have done a better job and got us into the play-offs despite our dreadful start.

If Norwich and Leeds can do it coming straight from Division 1 without any major additions to their squads, how difficult can it be?

Expect the loanees to go- though several, particularly Naughton, are welcome to stay.

Otherwise, the stay list reads:

Sven
Gallagher
King
Dyer
Wellens
Abe
Moussa
Weale
Tunchev (if fit)

With all others looking emminently replaceable.

Forget choosing which players should stay or go, it's more important that certain of our 'fans' piss off elsewhere.

It's interesting that when I suggested 'Eriksson' in my response to the question "Who should stay and who should go?" Mr Gwilliam and others just assumed I felt he should leave when in fact I may have been indicating he should stay.

While I like Sven as our manager and hope he gets us promoted next season, I do question many of his recent team selections.

Although I'd like him to manage us in the Premier League with a pot of money behind him, in this division I'd prefer a manager with more of a blood and guts approach, someone with a passion who builds and evolves a team rather than hires a load of mercenaries and wanabees who don't seem an awful lot better than what we had before.

Hobbs v Brouma

Fryatt v Yakubu

Weale v Ricardo

Is Sven ruthless enough? I question what is the point of keeping Howard, Oakley and Berner?

Two wins out of the last 10 games is relegation form and simply not good enough for a manager with all the money and options he has had at his disposal.

I reckon any one of the managers of the current top six teams in the division would have done a better job and got us into the play-offs despite our dreadful start.

If Norwich and Leeds can do it coming straight from Division 1 without any major additions to their squads, how difficult can it be?

People get confused between Sven being a world renowned manager - and Sven as a manager with what's needed to get a team out of the championship.

Based on this season, I doubt if Sven is either the right manager or even happy at managing at this level.

The big unknown is what the owners think about the situation. As far as I can see loads of their money has been thrown at the situation without much return in terms of a basis for a serious go next season.

No one is likely to make Warnock or Pearson a manager of their national team - except possibly the Faroe Islands - but with the sort of player wages that Sven has dished out, I suspect that with either of them we would be challenging now for automatic promotion even given the disaster that was Sousa (another 'name' fashion manager).

Hobbs v Brouma

Fryatt v Yakubu

Weale v Ricardo

I personally think that Leeds won't make the play offs and will fall at the final hurdle. That said I take on your point.

I did have my questions regarding Oakley's selection but I understand he has improved quite a lot last few games and looked much better against Reading, I personally think that Sven has noticed other merits such as his ability in the dressing room and on the training pitch and perhaps even as a future member of the coaching staff.

I think that Yakubu is much better value than Fryatt ever was or will be.

.....Based on this season, I doubt if Sven is either the right manager or even happy at managing at this level.....

Whilst I concur with the drift of your argument, and based upon almost nothing, I disagree with this bit.

I think that this season has been a steep learning curve for Sven. The Championship is different to the leagues in which he has previously played but, I think that he is the kind of chap who enjoys a challenge and will be a lot wiser next season.

Whilst I agree that there are certain managers (Warnock immediately springs to mind) that have a pedigree for getting teams promoted from the championship, people often forget that once they are there, these same managers have terrible reputations for the Premier League.

If we were to get promoted using a proven Championship manager, the chances are we would not be able to muster up a team that would be able to compete week in week out in the top tier. We'd come straight back down again and obviously this is not what the fans or owners want and you can't really change a manager that has just won you promotion during the summer break.

So, I think there is a case to argue that although it may take longer to get promotion with Sven, although I don't think any Leicester fan was expecting promotion this season after our start, I think we will be much better equipped to stay in the Premier League with him at the helm rather than a Warnock or even a Pearson.

I think Sven is more than capable of getting us into a promotion push, his record since joining has proved this.

Add the experience of this season, the resources to build the team he wants, and next season is going to be a lot of fun...

Whilst I agree that there are certain managers (Warnock immediately springs to mind) that have a pedigree for getting teams promoted from the championship, people often forget that once they are there, these same managers have terrible reputations for the Premier League.

If we were to get promoted using a proven Championship manager, the chances are we would not be able to muster up a team that would be able to compete week in week out in the top tier. We'd come straight back down again and obviously this is not what the fans or owners want and you can't really change a manager that has just won you promotion during the summer break.

So, I think there is a case to argue that although it may take longer to get promotion with Sven, although I don't think any Leicester fan was expecting promotion this season after our start, I think we will be much better equipped to stay in the Premier League with him at the helm rather than a Warnock or even a Pearson.

Unfortunately, the economics of football mean that its unsustainable for a big spending Championship club to stay in that league. Championship = losing money big time; Premier League = big time income. I don't think anyone, the owners especially will be up anything less than promotion next season and I doubt if they're over the moon with the returns on their spending this season.

There are winners and losers in football. I'm not sure into which category Sven of 2011 fits. Old Fox suggests he will be a lot wiser for this season, well his actions this summer will give us a guide as to how much wiser.

GO
Robbie Neilson – Just awful
Joao Teixeira – Sousa vermin
Dany N'Guessan – see “Robbie Neilson”
Michael Lamey – see “Joao Teixeira”
Bruno Berner – Past it
Diomansy Kamara - Inconsistent
Chris Weale – Backup at best
Lloyd Dyer – Not enough quality
Jeffrey Bruma – SGE’s bumboy
Steve Howard – League 1
Patrick Van Aanholt – Never been a defender in his entire life

STAY
Richie Wellens – Works Hard
Andy King – Frank Lampard Jnr
Paul Gallagher – Dead ball King
Yuki Abe – Calm before the storm
Souleymane Bamba – Quality when on form
Darius Vassell - Backup
Ben Mee – best of a bad bunch of loans
Jack Hobbs – Give him another chance
Ayegbeni Yakubu – 20 goals a season (wont happen)
Tom Kennedy- Give him another chance
Kyle Naughton – Please let him go Spurs!
Martyn Waghorn – not been his season
Matt Oakley – Dressing room/Back up
Angelo Miguel Vitor – Impressive at times
Aleksandar Tunchev – If Fit

Rather than talk rubbish about Warnock being a better manager then Sven lets get back to the thread.

MUST STAY
King
Wellens
Naughton (BUY)
Yakubu (BUY)

SQUAD PLAYER
Hobbs
Oakley
Waghorn
Tunchev
Bamba
Mee (Loan/Buy)
Dyer
Abe
Gallagher
Vassell
Moussa
Schlupp

BYE BYE

Weale
Logan
Ricardo
Kennedy
Neilsson
Berner
N'Guessan
Moreno
Bruma
Lamey
Howard
Crncic
Kamara
Verma
Chambers

Any other player I havent mention can go as well, which leaves us with 13 players and Naughton, Mee and Yakubu if we could get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669