Who should we go for now Megson has jumped ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM has said he's looking to appoint someone who's out of work at the moment, or not a current manager at least, so that reduces the pool somewhat.

Mike Newell, maybe?

I think that points to the fact it will most likely mean Taggs with a more experienced out of work man to come in and assist / mentor.

Probably been said before, but brian Little is the man.
Can steady the ship, been there and done it and was in talks before megson was appointed.
I wouldn`t be unhappy

Re: Who should we go for when Megson jumps ship?

I would not be at all surprised to see Taggart offered the job, on SSN Mandaric was very complimentary about Gerry, I can see Taggart being offered the role with an experienced Director of Football or Assistant in to help mentor him. Similar to Boothroyd at Watford, who works with Keith Birkenshaw.

If Taggs does get the gig then expect to see Lennon return as player coach.

MM quote:
"In the meantime assistant manager Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart will assume temporary control of first-team affairs until we are in a position to announce a significant appointment."

I'd take that as Taggart or Burrows not being in the running.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_2823349,00.html

DOWIE FOR LEICESTER
With Gary Megson set to complete his baffling move to Bolton, current Coventry City boss Iain Dowie is the favourite to take his place in the Leicester City hot seat.

'Dowie is running out of patience at the Ricoh Arena, where the club have debts of £29 million, a transfer embargo and are desperately seeking a new owner,' says The Daily Telegraph.

'The ex-Crystal Palace boss was promised millions to spend when he took over in February, but is disillusioned by the off-field problems.'

Whoever is appointed at Leicester will be the club's fifth manager of the year.

It has to be Little & Grayson for me with Taggart and Walshie as assistants. We really need some one with a passion for Leicester, someone who can bring that desire to play for the club back. Lets face it there isn't a lot of options at the moment and at least the fans would get behind the team.

With Walshie & Taggart there the players would be too scared not to put in 100% effort!!

Re: Paul Jewell

yes, wanted Jewell last time, so that's about 7 weeks ago then.

Re: Paul Jewell

why didnt you shove it in the other thread with the manager stuff then :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669