Who will be Pearson's FOURTH signing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argus

Festive season and all that, time to be merry..so for a bit of fun...Thoughts about which Player?? or making it easier what position will the first signing be

Re: Who will be Pearsons FIRST signing??

Tommy Wright

Unlike some people, I can't see Pearson going back in for the players he took from us to Hull. They were fringe players here when he took them to Hull, they're established first team players there now and even if Pearson did want them back, I'm sure that Hull would attempt to charge well over the odds for them and any of their other players.

I would expect Pearson to utilise the loan market in due course once he's identified the weaknesses in our side - maybe going in for a winger or two. I can't really see many other areas that need strengthening really, the players just need organising and giving a kick up the backside.

I expect he'll sign a couple of young players we've never heard of on loan who turn out to be awesome.

Max Gradel

H from Steps

Jimmy Kebe

Messi

He is clearly a big fan of Jack Hobbs, current Hull captain, so I can see an approach for him in January.

He is clearly a big fan of Jack Hobbs, current Hull captain, so I can see an approach for him in January.

Doubt it. Bamba, Mills, St Ledger and Tunch are all good enough for this league, and Pearson can probably bring the best out of all of them.

I suggest a careers advisor to help move on the glut of central midfielders brought in by Sven on presumably OTT wages notwithstanding some of whom can't make the subs bench and can't even get a game of football unless Stowelly organises another practice match against the cones.

A winger! any winger, as long as they can play on the wing. Some width. A winger.

The only winger the persisted with last time around was Dyer, and he was on the bench a lot towards the end of that season. He often preferred to play centre midfielders or forwards out wide (eg Oakley, Cleverley, Waghorn) on one side, with Gally on the other.

The only winger the persisted with last time around was Dyer, and he was on the bench a lot towards the end of that season. He often preferred to play centre midfielders or forwards out wide (eg Oakley, Cleverley, Waghorn) on one side, with Gally on the other.

Good point. I think that we need some pace though, because despite us having Dyer, his inconsistency is a pain in the neck. Plus with injuries etc. CM is just too filled - King, Wellens, Fernandes (who IMO should start all the time) Danns, Johnson, Abe, Moussa...

I can see an approach for Hobbs in the offing but just as indie Rich has said, I think it will be rebuffed or an inflated tag put on his head. I don't think he's better than what we have so I'd leave him there but Pearson has the money so he might want to bring him back and I can see Hobbs kicking up a fuss and asking to leave. I'm quite uninspired at the minute and all the excitement that I had about potential signings and the signings we made under Sven have all but evaporated. I can't see any Beckford's being signed or any high level speculation with the club anymore and whilst it might not be exactly what we need to get us up into the play off spots, it was bloody exciting!

I'm quite uninspired at the minute and all the excitement that I had about potential signings and the signings we made under Sven have all but evaporated. I can't see any Beckford's being signed or any high level speculation with the club anymore and whilst it might not be exactly what we need to get us up into the play off spots, it was bloody exciting!

I'm glad Pearson's here as he's brought us back down to earth, it was exciting having Sven managing us and being linked with players like Robbie Keane and David Beckham, but it was all turning into a bit of a spectacle to be honest. I'm looking forward to a bit of stability and keeping our feet on the ground, which is what Pearson will bring.

I'm quite uninspired at the minute and all the excitement that I had about potential signings and the signings we made under Sven have all but evaporated. I can't see any Beckford's being signed or any high level speculation with the club anymore and whilst it might not be exactly what we need to get us up into the play off spots, it was bloody exciting!

I can see that you found it exciting - and that was the intention. But it was all a bit of a delusion too. Great expectations were raised about 'big name' players coming to the club - but in the event this didn't really happen. Overall, all we got was the owners being led to pay over the odds for middle rankers amd the pockets lined of other clubs, e.g. Preston, Reading & Everton. The club needs some down to earth effective management and I would have thought that Pearson is as likely as anyone to provide it.

I suggest a careers advisor to help move on the glut of central midfielders brought in by Sven on presumably OTT wages notwithstanding some of whom can't make the subs bench and can't even get a game of football unless Stowelly organises another practice match against the cones.

In other words, Fernandes and Danns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670