Who's going Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted 'elsewhere' by a tykes fan....

OK guys.

The safe bet is the leisure centre. Always full of away fans, never any bother. Can't miss it - it's fairly huge and at the top of the hill smack behind the away end.

There are some pretty safe pubs in town as well, though so you're not completely stuck. I've got a Leicester fan mate who currently lives in Newcastle coming down and I'll be dragging him for a prematch pint. The trick in town centres is knowing where's safe and where isn't before you venture in. Avoid the Groggers Rest and the Court House near the train station but the Gatehouse is fine. You can then gauge the atmosphere and see whether a head into town is a good idea. However, away colours and light hearted banter will not be allowed in the chain pubs (Yates's, Wetherspoons, Walkabout etc) - they tend to be a bit paranoid. However, they'll have bouncers and not usually be full of arseholes, so as long as you cover up and don't get lary you shouldn't have much bother.

I would stay out of the Mount near the ground - shit beer, too full, occasionally raucous clientelle. The Dove Inn at the top of Oakwell lane has only just reopened after a refurb. Nice pint but an unknown quantity - I've not really seen any away fans in there. The Outpost on Sheffield Road is also reputed to be friendly towards away fans albeit a fair hike from the ground but for this reason I don't bother with it.

I'll be there.... will be a steward on one of the coaches from the ground :icon_redf but as its all free I couldnt turn it down :icon_wink

I'll be there.... will be a steward on one of the coaches from the ground :icon_redf but as its all free I couldnt turn it down :icon_wink

do you have to wear a fluorescent jacket & act hard?

are people allowed to stand up at all?

i remember my dad telling me when him and his mates were venturing into the city centre when we played them back in the prem "don't go down there lads you'll get a slap" :biggrin:

mine + BH's came yesterday as well, NS1, row FF, seats 5+6

best to avoid the fleets and corner pin :icon_conf :)

This is from a Tyke friend:

Going into the town centre isn't advisable unless you know the place well and the nearest pub to the ground is home fans only.

If anybody is wanting a pub for away fans the 2 pubs that seem to be used by most away fans is the metrodome leisure centre and The Outpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669