whos out do u think

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you seriously think Stearman will stay here when the likes of Aston Villa come calling then think you are heading for a big dissapointment

In fairness, the rumour to Villa has been flying around for ages, but never from a reputable source, and he's not gone.

Been liked with Ipswich this afternoon... if that's as good an offer as he would get to move up, then I would be slightly more optimistic that we could keep him..

But I still think he will be off ;)

Any financially-savvy TB's out there who have an idea of how much we might get for flogging off the few decent players we've got, and how much do-do we're in dosh-wise ?

James Chambers - Would be very good full back in League 1
Stephen Clemence - Maybe if nobody else wants him
Ian Hume - I can't honestly see a whole number of clubs beating down our door for him. Would be very good next season
James Wesolowski
Jonathan Hayes - Unless the new gaffer thinks he's not even good enough for League 1
Elvis Hammond - Call me crazy but I think he might do half decent next season
Harry Worley
Conrad Logan - Half decent back up and we'r enot going to get any better
Levi Porter - I think we have missed him this season and I think he'll be very good next season
Joe Mattock - I think we might be able to keep him. How many clubs REALLY want him?
Max Gradel - If he does as well for us as he apparently has at Bournemouth then we'll be happy.
Ricky Sappleton
Ashley Chambers
Andy King - Should be given more of a first team role next season
Eric Odihambo - Maybe?

I doubt Bell will sign for us now. I hope he does but a lower level Chapionship team will probably bag him. I think we may have Kisnorbo in August because of his injury but I doubt we'll keep him past January.

I think we'll lose McAuley and Stearman and good luck to both of them if they do go. I think we should actively try to ship out Howard, Oakley and Campbell. **** off and good riddance to the lot of you.

So I guess the team may look something like this:

Henderson

Chambers Worley ? Mattock

Gradel Weso King Porter

Hammond Hume

He's out of contract and I don't think we'll offer him a new one when we have so many other 'strikers'.

Can't see Elvis staying, but do agree that he would probably cut it at that level. But still no.
Are any of the players we'd really like to keep out of contract (not including loans)? All the ones I can remember aren't really first team players anymore and I think will all be moved on.

I keep forgetting about lil Leroy Potter... I think he'll be important for us next season.

Last edited:
ian holloway could go i think, maybe, perhaps.

a resonable replacement in my eyes would be gerry taggart and beaglehole. they know the club, simple as. please dont brand me a BM for suggesting taggs!

Campbell has to go, hes crap and worth something... same for Howard.

I'd try and keep..

Hume, Fryatt, Henderson, Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Clemence, Oakley and our 'young guns'.

Realistically I think a high end Premiership team will try and snap up Mattock as a 'player for the future', Stearman will probably be off and I bet we will now sell McAuley to Ipswich at the right price. Hume will definately go IMO, alot of opposition fans actually rate him and I can see him joining a Championship outfit.

Hayles could be handy next season, I think he is a decent player myself and I can't say that too many teams in higher divisions would be interested in him...

Of course being in the low leagues means that we can get hold of the mighty prems youngsters on loans to give them games.

Of course being in the low leagues means that we can get hold of the mighty prems youngsters on loans to give them games.

rather we played our own kids, martin allen was asking me about a loan move to nuneaton in the summer, but i turned it down to stay in the reserves, this could be my breakthrough year if gradel is our only other right winger.

I'd like to see everyone of them stay - just to see if they could prove their worth and give something back. But that's not going to happen and it probably wouldn't get the required results it should.

A bit like Juve did when some of them had the bollox to get em out of the shite.

Last edited:
I'm gonna just sit and wait for next season,

They can all go or they can all stay for all I care, Fcuk 'em.

The suns out and I'm having a beer:icon_cool

I'm gonna just sit and wait for next season,

They can all go or they can all stay for all I care, Fcuk 'em.

The suns out and I'm having a beer:icon_cool
My sentiments exactly. They can all do whatever they please for all I care.

Just like the previous few seasons, whatever team we put out for the first game next season should, on paper, be better than the rest of the shite in League 1, even if it's all our kids playing. In reality, we'll probably lose 1-0 at home to Leyton Orient, so it doesn't really matter...

Sorry, that should read Leyton ****ing Orient.

I'm still pissed off about the lowly opposition we will be facing next season (no offense to any Orient fans out there, I could have picked on Yeovil, Hartlepool, Doncaster, etc)

Hume says he's staying

Hume is now keen to make amends and is 100 per cent committed to the Foxes' cause.

"There is bound to be a lot of speculation flying around over the next couple of months but I am a Leicester City player and am not looking to move.

"I know the chairman will want to put a side together which is capable of hitting the ground running come the start of next season because promotion has to be the aim.

"And I'd ask the fans, no matter how disappointed, to stick by us and help us come straight back up.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1306899,00.html

Hopefully he sticks to that.

"I am a Leicester City player and am not looking to move" is very different from "I am a Leicester City player and I'm staying, full stop" - which he didn't say.

Hope he stays, but....

I like the sentiment, but that shit is standard issue to all footballers to release on such occasions

- This club is far too big to be where it is
- We don't deserve to go down
- we are responsible and we are truly sorry.

I've been his biggest critic from the moment he signed, but if ever we needed to hang on to one of our players for this division, I think it's him.

Having read it all, two worrying statements stick out:

This great club doesn't deserve to be in the position that it now finds itself in

and

This club is far too big for League One

If that is the attitude we are taking then we are truly fecked for next season as well, and it will be a long long time before we are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669