WHU fined ?5.5M

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Times:

West Ham have said that they will appeal if found guilty and are deducted points, claiming that the rules had been broken by the previous owners. West Ham were taken over by a consortium from Iceland in November and they have considered taking action against Terence Brown, the former chairman.

The new owners claim that they were told that the previous regime handed over the documents when the players arrived from South America. However, the due diligence process undertaken by the Icelandic owners would have been expected to have shown the problems.

Two directors have remained on the board after the takeover. One, Scott Duxbury, was the legal director when the Argentina players were signed and is now deputy chief executive. The Premier League is to focus its attention on Duxbury and Paul Aldridge, the former managing director, over the signings.

In any appeal, Eggert Magnússon, the West Ham chairman, would also highlight a previous case in 1994, when Tottenham Hotspur were deducted points for making illegal payments to their players. Sir Alan Sugar, the chairman at White Hart Lane at the time, successfully challenged the FA ruling by stating that the board could not be held responsible for the actions of a previous administration.

The Premier League has refused to discount the possibility that the penalty could be carried over to another season.

i tell you what the FA wont like that at all

Not disputing that but I thought they spent a lot less than that. Would be interested to know your source.

I think this sums it up nicely from The Associate Press

''Curiously, both the Premier League and the international authorities gave clearance for Mascherano's subsequent move to Liverpool. There are conflicting reports: that Liverpool paid £1.5 million to lend the Argentine or that it paid MSI a straight £10 million to buy his contract outright.''

I think this sums it up nicely from The Associate Press

''Curiously, both the Premier League and the international authorities gave clearance for Mascherano's subsequent move to Liverpool. There are conflicting reports: that Liverpool paid £1.5 million to lend the Argentine or that it paid MSI a straight £10 million to buy his contract outright.''

The one and a half mill figure was the one I'd heard.

£5.5m jesus thats alot, cant believe it, is a bit unlucky i spose, well atm all i car about is getting a win tommorrow or a point to be safe

BLUE ARMY

Absolute joke. How they haven't been docked points is beyond me.... One rule for Prem clubs and one for all others. Makes our league resume it's rather joke-like organisation. Again. What ever happened to the bung report too? Pathetic.

If their player became inelligable, and they had to race to sign him back to play him, how did they get around the fact that it's outside the transfer season?!

WHU given a £5.5M fine, sell the bloody argie to Liverstool for £8M..... that leaves the cheating bastards £2.5M up on the deal. I dont believe they payed anything for them in the first place

If their player became inelligable, and they had to race to sign him back to play him, how did they get around the fact that it's outside the transfer season?!

He was properly registered with West Ham, it was the terms between West Ham and Tevez's owner that were illegal and had to be sorted. Semantics I know, and personally I think they should have had a points deduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669