Why Are Forest Still Relevant To Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just gone onto Google Maps to work out exactly who our closest rivals are (by car ground to ground).

1. Chaventry 24.6m
2. Florist 25.2m
3. Draby 34.2m

Florist to Draby is 16.5 miles. They've obviously got their thing going on re closeness, mutual Clough bumming etc.

Draby are neither here nor there. Not close enough to be rivals. They've always seemed a bit Northern if you know what I mean? Not really East Midlands and not really Yorkshire, some mutation. We played them the other week and it was like playing Barnsley or someone.

Chaventry or Florist is really a question of age and location. Chaventry seems to be a new thing. It's only been a big deal to them or us since they left the Prem. And I'm from South Leicestershire and they've never really been relevant. It's one for the kids.

Florist are abhorrent in every way to anyone over 35 and with a sense of rivalry. In my formative years, they won things and lauded about like they were something special. In fact, they were a two bit club who were smaller than us but got lucky with a genius manager.

I loathe them, despise everything tree like or red or trenty or cloughlike and anyone with a Notts accent winds me up instantly. I can tell a Notts man from 100 yards and they all turn my stomach.

They don't reciprocate the loathing because they were winning and enjoying themselves whilst we were seething about it. Frankly, I couldn't give a rats ass what they think of us. I hate them and always will. Every true blue of a certain age should.

In recent years they became a laughing stock. And boy did I laugh along. The likes of David Platt merited a knighthood in my book. We're both on our way back from terrible times and I dearly hope that theirs doesn't last a minute longer. I want them out of business.

That is their relevance.

Sorry I had to come back for 1 last post

That was the best post I ever read

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that's supposed to be a play on 'Derby'?

Not sure how successful it is though. What does it mean? How would you even pronounce it?

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought Brown Nose was using rhyming slang and that the place he hated was Blaby.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought Brown Nose was using rhyming slang and that the place he hated was Blaby.

Woah, slow down David. It hasn't been confirmed yet, it is just pure guesswork from me.
On a balance of probabilities, I think it could mean Derby, but it certainly isn't definite.

I mean, what ever way that you try to pronounce it, it doesn't actually mean anything and certainly couldn't be anything derogatory to Derby supporters. Not that I can see anyway.

It's really got me scratching my head and I can't wait for Brown Nose to enlighten us.

Chaventry or Florist is really a question of age and location. Chaventry seems to be a new thing. It's only been a big deal to them or us since they left the Prem. And I'm from South Leicestershire and they've never really been relevant. It's one for the kids.

Thanks for making me young again. :icon_lol: :icon_wink

It's always been Cov for me.

Wow, certainly struck a raw nerve here chaps

Not really, to most on here you and your club are just an insignificant little tumour on the East Midlands. Covscum are our biggest rivals in this area by a long way.

Woah, slow down David. It hasn't been confirmed yet, it is just pure guesswork from me.
On a balance of probabilities, I think it could mean Derby, but it certainly isn't definite.

I mean, what ever way that you try to pronounce it, it doesn't actually mean anything and certainly couldn't be anything derogatory to Derby supporters. Not that I can see anyway.

It's really got me scratching my head and I can't wait for Brown Nose to enlighten us.

I can't really see how anyone can mistake 'Draby' for anyone else? The clues are there. Who else could it be referring to? Or are you being sarcastic?

The term was commonly used on a forum I used to frequent and it's clearly stuck with me. I prefer it to the more often used 'D***y' or 'Shaggers'.

As far as I'm aware (as I didn't coin the term) it is supposed to be pronounced Drab-y - Drab as in dreary, faded and dull. I admit that it's not the most sophisticated play on words but does that really matter in nonsense football talk?

Wow, certainly struck a raw nerve here chaps

Even in my saddest, most navel gazing moments, I would never consider joining a rival clubs forum and then routinely reading/commenting on there.

What exactly are you doing here?

Note to mods - As far as I'm concerned his avatar should be banned. I find it deeply offensive.

Last edited:
I can't really see how anyone can mistake 'Draby' for anyone else? The clues are there. Who else could it be referring to? Or are you being sarcastic?

The term was commonly used on a forum I used to frequent and it's clearly stuck with me. I prefer it to the more often used 'D***y' or 'Shaggers'.

As far as I'm aware (as I didn't coin the term) it is supposed to be pronounced Drab-y - Drab as in dreary, faded and dull. I admit that it's not the most sophisticated play on words but does that really matter in nonsense football talk?

Thank you. You are teasing in still not specifying who you mean. However, I believe you give the game away with the phrase "dreary faded and dull". I was right all along and you mean Blaby.

Oh right, I see. It looks as though it's pronounced drey-bee, rhymes with 'baby'. Which obviously is meaningless and not at all derogatory.
Maybe you should write it as 'Drabby' to avoid future confusion.

Last edited:
Oh right, I see. It looks as though it's pronounced drey-bee, rhymes with 'baby'. Which obviously is meaningless and not at all derogatory.
Maybe you should write it as 'Drabby' to avoid future confusion.

Thanks for the advice. Although I intend to completely ignore it.

not really that bothered about forest - yeah sure i dont like them , but in recent years theyve not really been the competion derby ,villa, cov and even peterborough last year have been the bigger games .
Btw i have a real personal dislike for spurs .

Not really, to most on here you and your club are just an insignificant little tumour on the East Midlands. Covscum are our biggest rivals in this area by a long way.

And you sir, live up to your usename.

And you sir, live up to your usename.

Will you be one of the ones chanting "WE HATE LEICESTER" and throwing stuff on Radcliffe Road as the incompetent local police beat the shit out of people trying to get peacefully to their cars? Or was that a one-time-only thing on August 28th 2007?

Even in my saddest, most navel gazing moments, I would never consider joining a rival clubs forum and then routinely reading/commenting on there.

What exactly are you doing here?

Note to mods - As far as I'm concerned his avatar should be banned. I find it deeply offensive.
You seem to have answered your own question there Mr Nose.

Will you be one of the ones chanting "WE HATE LEICESTER" and throwing stuff on Radcliffe Road as the incompetent local police beat the shit out of people trying to get peacefully to their cars? Or was that a one-time-only thing on August 28th 2007?

I can compare horror stories all night with you dude but that's all in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69