Why oh why oh why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its come from Clubcall, a website well known for regurgitating old news and adding a twist. It isn't new news.

Whilst our board are always open and honest when it comes to serious matters regarding the future of the club ie the Connolly deal.

Sounds like the logic of our board to me.

Sell a player to make up for dwindling crowds, struggle to score for 3 months, narrowly avoid relegation (optional) and then wonder why no one turns out the year after.

Anyone know any chairman e-mail addresses for Premiership clubs. I have decided to cut the throat of the mouthpiece of the club, and just e-mail them direct to let them know which players we really "don't fancy selling":mad:

Only a stupid amount of money or the player wanting to leave would mean the club would consider selling one of the listed players.

Financially we don't need to sell anyone (hence Kisnorbo getting a new deal) but if a bid of say £1.5m + came in for any of those players then its hard to turn down and even as a fan I would consider it and probably take it.

And your final point is a bit ridiculous, as if Premiership clubs aren't aware of our best players, and players with potential to play Premier League football in general.

You could add Joe Magunda, Ashley Chambers, Joe Mattock to that list and it wouldn't make a jot of difference because they are all known to the Premier League teams.

Its not Champ Manager where you have to transfer list someone to generate interest.

If you are so bloody pleased that there has been no interest why take the time to shout about it the day before the window closes.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=288686

IDIOTS!:icon_lol:

Do you really think clubs will be reading sites like that before deciding whether to make an offer for a player then?

If clubs are interested in our players they'd have done something about it by now, and they won't be influenced by stories on a website like that.

If a journalist asks RK if he's had any offers for players, what do you expect him to say?
If he refuses to comment it will just cause speculation that someone is leaving. But if he's honest he gets criticised anyway :icon_roll

Only a stupid amount of money or the player wanting to leave would mean the club would consider selling one of the listed players.

Financially we don't need to sell anyone (hence Kisnorbo getting a new deal) but if a bid of say £1.5m + came in for any of those players then its hard to turn down and even as a fan I would consider it and probably take it.

And your final point is a bit ridiculous, as if Premiership clubs aren't aware of our best players, and players with potential to play Premier League football in general.

You could add Joe Magunda, Ashley Chambers, Joe Mattock to that list and it wouldn't make a jot of difference because they are all known to the Premier League teams.

Its not Champ Manager where you have to transfer list someone to generate interest.

:038:

Thanks for that Shelock, I guess the sarcasm got lost in the translation

From what I can tell the club are trying to generate interest, not by transfer listing (incidentally I know nothing about championship manager, but this lot might help you out www.foxestalk.co.uk) but by using their club mouthpiece the Leicester Mercury to release a story on the eve of the transfer window closing. If they were not trying to do this then what would the point be in releasing a story of this kind? You may argue that they are simply telling the truth, but when have they ever done that.

Do you really think clubs will be reading sites like that before deciding whether to make an offer for a player then?

If clubs are interested in our players they'd have done something about it by now, and they won't be influenced by stories on a website like that.

If a journalist asks RK if he's had any offers for players, what do you expect him to say?
If he refuses to comment it will just cause speculation that someone is leaving. But if he's honest he gets criticised anyway :icon_roll

Yeah but the story obviously came from the clubs mouthpiece. The mercury prints anything the club asks them to. If the club didn't want such questions to be answered and to appear in the paper they wouldn't let it happen. But they have and you have to ask why.

Yeah but the story obviously came from the clubs mouthpiece. The mercury prints anything the club asks them to. If the club didn't want such questions to be answered and to appear in the paper they wouldn't let it happen. But they have and you have to ask why.

If the club was trying to sell off our players they'd have started the process weeks ago, and they'd have got agents involved.

A story in the local press the day before the window closes is hardly going to start a rush of clubs trying to sign our players. The way agents, lawyers etc are involved it would be very unusual for a transfer to be completed in such a short space of time.

Last edited:

Conspiracy Theories abound...

If the club was trying to sell off our players they'd have started the process weeks ago, and they've got agents involved.

A story in the local press the day before the window closes is hardly going to start a rush of clubs trying to sign our players. The way agents, lawyers etc are involved it would be very unusual for a transfer to be completed in such a short space of time.

:icon_lol: This is LCFC we are talking about!

Incidentally how do you know that they haven't. They could be covering their arses. I seem to remember the exact same thing happened last year. If by tomorrow someone has come in for one of our players and we sell, they can say that that they were quite rightly concerned and that it was always expected.

If you look at the first post in the thread you will see that I only asked what the hell point there was in commenting on how much of a relief not having bids is the day before the window closes. I wasn't attempting to speculate as to who, when and where!

FFS:icon_roll

Last edited:
Incidentally how do you know that they haven't.

IF RK says there hasn't been an offer made I would believe him.
If one of our players leaves and it turns out they'd been talking about it for a week then I'd criticise the club for lying to us, but not when it appears that he's just answered a question in an honest way.

Maybe people could start taking things at face value instead of blowing things up out of proportion all the time.

IF RK says there hasn't been an offer made I would believe him.
If one of our players leaves and it turns out they'd been talking about it for a week then I'd criticise the club for lying to us, but not when it appears that he's just answered a question in an honest way.

Maybe people could start taking things at face value instead of blowing things up out of proportion all the time.

Understand what you are saying Jeff, but with all due respect the club continually denied any interest was being shown for Connolly by Wigan to then go and sell him days later. It was hardly open and honest then and I see little reason why they would be now. RK's comments do appear to be 'preparing the ground' much like Levein made similar comments in the build up to the departure of Connolly.

AS long as it isn't Fryatt I dont give a shite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566