Will the Foxes Trust be applying for ACV status for the KP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Eric Pickles is endorsing it, then it's probably an unworkable piece of flim flam that will disappear from view PDQ.

I was struck by the opening sentence "The Victorian and Edwardian merchants and entrepreneurs who founded many English football clubs..." - one of the few things that keeps my love for the not-so-beautiful games alive is the knowledge that almost invariably football clubs in their founding years had no Victorian Bateses or Abramoviches sucking them dry, usually being set up and run by groups of schoolfriends, churchgoers or workmates.

AFAIK only Chelsea (formed to have something going on in the middle of the Stamford Bridge dog track), Liverpool (Anfield's landlord had a gap to fill when Everton objected to his Tory politics and non-temperance business and vacated the premises) and the teams artificially created (Bradford, Dull) to do footballing missionary work in the strongholds of Rugby League are exceptions to this honorable history.

We are fully aware of the processes involved, having attended a session on ACV's at the Supporters Summit in June.

As the article states a significant number of Trusts are underway with this process, however there is a recommended chain of events to follow as per briefed at the session

Last edited:
We are fully aware of the processes involved, having attended a session on ACV's at the Supporters Summit in June.

As the article states a significant number of Trusts are underway with this process, however there is a recommended chain of events to follow as per briefed at the session

So, more evasive answers then? Excellent clarity to the fans who you claim to represent.

So what is the answer then?

Here's something useful that the Foxes trust could be doing, trying to make sure that the club and stadium are linked but will they apply?

So what is the answer then?

You know, I sometimes feel the FT gets a raw deal on here at times. I have some sympathy with them, I am even a paid up member myself.

However as Lako suggests the FT haven't actually answered the question posed and the response they have given doesn't really do them any favours at all.

You know, I sometimes feel the FT gets a raw deal on here at times. I have some sympathy with them, I am even a paid up member myself.

However as Lako suggests the FT haven't actually answered the question posed and the response they have given doesn't really do them any favours at all.

One of the reasons I'm not a member

Can you answer the question then Spion? If you are in the Trust then they must have kept their members briefed up about this.

If not, it's a bit of a poor show that the other two haven't spoken to you about it.

If not, it's a bit of a poor show that the other two haven't spoken to you about it.

My membership number contains four digits although there is of course no guarantee that the numbering started from 1 :icon_wink

My membership number contains four digits although there is of course no guarantee that the numbering started from 1 :icon_wink

So, in evading my main point entirely (well done on that by the way) you have now proved yourself worthy of FT high office.

If I were a member I'd vote for you.

So, in evading my main point entirely (well done on that by the way) you have now proved yourself worthy of FT high office.

If I were a member I'd vote for you.

To answer your question, as an FT member I can't recall seeing anything from the FT about this but then it probably arose after the last newsletter was sent out.

You could always join up Maws then you would know as much as me :icon_wink

AND!!! You'd get your own membership number to help you try and work it all out :icon_bigg

...it probably arose after the last newsletter was sent out.

Top marks to the FT for not embracing the annoying trend adopted by every other organisation in the country of maintaining open lines of communication through social media. ;)

Top marks to the FT for not embracing the annoying trend adopted by every other organisation in the country of maintaining open lines of communication through social media. ;)

There are times when a series of events should be followed to communicate to all concerned in the correct sequence, and the topic of this discussion is one of those occasions (as advised by Supporters Direct).

It will be a bad day if and when LCFC is so in the mire that it needs the involvement of a football trust.

Even taking that into account the Foxes Trust sometimes gives an impression that it is not into complete openness and transparency. There is always a hint of 'if you pay your subscription you will find out a bit more'. This approach is unconvincing and may explain why the assumption is that its membership tally is derisory.

Clearly they are mot likely to cut too much ice with Thai wealthy business interests anyway - but i think that they could build more credibility than they currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669