Williams has signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern Fox said:
Shall we have a thread on what the fee will be set at?? Everyone can have a guess and the winner gets.......... er **** all??

I would start a new thread or a poll but I aint a clue about how to do that so here goes.

Im going for £400k

Any others??

£250k :wink:

I don't think f*rest understand what the tribunal fee is supposed to be for.

It's not supposed to reflect the value of the player.

The tribunal fee is just compensation for the expenses a club has in training a player. So the compensation amount depends more on how long he's been with the club, and the kind of training he's had, rather than how good he is.

webmaster said:

The tribunal fee is just compensation for the expenses a club has in training a player. So the compensation amount depends more on how long he's been with the club, and the kind of training he's had, rather than how good he is.

So webby, whats your opinion on what the fee will be!

webmaster said:

Is value of the player never considered? Because Man Utd had to pay £2 million for Bellion and he had only been at Sunderland for a year or so. I would imagine that Forest won't get anymore than half a million for Williams and perhaps a sell on clause. Matt Taylor only went for £200,000 when Luton claimed they wanted £3 million for him.

Malf said:
webmaster said:

Is value of the player never considered? Because Man Utd had to pay £2 million for Bellion and he had only been at Sunderland for a year or so.

Bellion's fee wasn't set by a tribunal.

Man Utd agreed to pay over the odds to make sure they didn't get punished by the FA for making an illegal approach for the player.

Man U originally wanted it to go to a tribunal, but they realised that the FA would then look into all the details of the transfer, so they changed their mind agreed to pay £2 million to make sure they didn't get caught being naughty. As part of the contract Sunderland were not allowed to repeat the illegal approach allegations they'd previously made.

webmaster said:
Malf said:
webmaster said:

Is value of the player never considered? Because Man Utd had to pay £2 million for Bellion and he had only been at Sunderland for a year or so.

Man Utd agreed to pay over the odds to make sure they didn't get punished by the FA for making an illegal approach for the player.

Man U originally wanted it to go to a tribunal, but they realised that the FA would then look into all the details of the transfer, so they changed their mind agreed to pay £2 million to make sure they didn't get caught being naughty. As part of the contract Sunderland were not allowed to repeat the illegal approach allegations they'd previously made.

Man U illiegally approaching a player. I can't believe that. :roll: :wink:

webmaster said:
Malf said:
webmaster said:

Aaaah that explains it then, well if thats the case I can't think a tribunal rising above a million so we're laughing. Cheers Webmonger, you've put my mind at rest

Derisory were their words, that's rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469