Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Lets get behind him and support him, he seems to be a confidence player and if he can continue to improve and work on the weaknesses then we will have a superb player for next season.

If he's still here....

He's frustrating for them reason. We know of his skill levels and what he can produce. I agree with webbo he just doesn't produce these performances often enough. I think he can do a good job for us, it's just how often.

i also think we haven't seen anything near the best of Williams in a City shirt.

his ability imo is high, but he needs to be more consistent and put himself about a bit more. and before people tell me he's not that sort of player i saw plenty of him when Forest were on tv putting the tackles in and grafting.

i kinda agree with MB about him being a 'luxury player' as well, tbh i think IF we get promoted and he's still here he will do well in the Prem cos i do think he would cope well at that level. thing is i just want to see some of it at this level!

This is complete Bollocks. I reckon he's improved a lot since CL left. He seems to try a lot, lot harder in matches and he's constantly surrounding players to try and put pressure on them. Anyone who heard the interview on world will know that he knew he was not in CL's plans and it obviously knocked his confidence. Since RK has come in he's got the run of games he needed to build his confidence up again and being honest, was he really brought here by Micky Adams to be a hard-tackling player. IMHO, he has the creative flair that the team needs at the moment:102: :icon_wink

Big improvement from Williams over the last few games. He's building his own confidence and if he can sustain and build on this and carry it through to next season then we've got a quality midfielder for our campaign.

Williams has been vital to our recent improvements as a team. He has been the touch of class that has been the difference in many games.

Yes he is a luxury player, and like most luxury players you only get the benifit when the team is playing well. He won't change a game, but he can breach a defence when given the chance. he has been invaluable recently IMO

FoxesGirl said:
This is complete Bollocks. I reckon he's improved a lot since CL left. He seems to try a lot, lot harder in matches and he's constantly surrounding players to try and put pressure on them. Anyone who heard the interview on world will know that he knew he was not in CL's plans and it obviously knocked his confidence. Since RK has come in he's got the run of games he needed to build his confidence up again and being honest, was he really brought here by Micky Adams to be a hard-tackling player. IMHO, he has the creative flair that the team needs at the moment:102: :icon_wink
I agree Williams has improved since cl left or around January, could this be down to the fact that he suddenly realised he wasnt going to Man City/a.n.other premier club. and therefore had to play for either his lcfc career or a transfer at the end of the season.

beaumontfox said:
tbh i don't think we saw anything much from him when he was playing with Adams as manager either.

i just want to see what we all THINK he can do. the ability is there, no doubt about that.

He probably needs an experienced leader alongside him in the engine room (a Neil Lennon or Roy Keane type) to kick his ass.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
He probably needs an experienced leader alongside him in the engine room (a Neil Lennon or Roy Keane type) to kick his ass.
O, Just ask Paddy McCarthy and he'll easily do that to him from behind:icon_lol: :icon_wink

FoxesGirl said:
O, Just ask Paddy McCarthy and he'll easily do that to him from behind:icon_lol: :icon_wink
He would have to be in the queue behind Elvis!

mad biker said:
the guy has skill, vision and an ability to create time and space where there is none, we`re damn lucky to have him and long may it continue !

... just too bad that he can't add consistency and willingness to put in a bit of effort to that list.

bocadillo said:
... just too bad that he can't add consistency and willingness to put in a bit of effort to that list.

But I would say in recent weeks he has started to add those to his game, he has worked a lot harder and has been more prepared to get stuck in for the cause.

i agree with mad biker, williams is one of the most talented players in the division and has the potential to be a pretty good premiership player.

unfortunately he also fits the mould of a lot of prem players in that while having loads of talent his work rate isnt the greatest and while you can get away with that in the prem when he might have some world class defensive midfielder doing all the hard work for him in the championship its different matter.

IMO if he manages to replicate the effort levels he showed against palace on a regular basis then he'll be a really important player for us, if not then he'll be a bit of a waste of space as the game just flows around him when he doesnt seem to be arsed

I will have to bow down to those at the game - I really didn't see that much from him at all on the TV, nice back-heel, nice through ball (as I have mentioned) but he also seemed to allow the Palace midfield walk through at will.

alex said:
I will have to bow down to those at the game - I really didn't see that much from him at all on the TV, nice back-heel, nice through ball (as I have mentioned) but he also seemed to allow the Palace midfield walk through at will.
TBH Alex, are you ever going to praise the fcukin guy without saying something negative?:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566