Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

I've finally developed the ability to drink wine and actually like it.

I particularly like Shiraz, does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Yes, I recommend you drink lots of it! :icon_wink

I personally like Wolfblass, Penfolds and Casillera del Diablo, all good and relatively cheapish at ~£6 (£10 for Penfolds cheapest, but is well worth it)

Try Rioja. Then try Chianti and then try Valpolicella.

Each have their own qualities and each are distinctly different from each other.

See which one you prefer. Personally I prefer a Rioja.

I dunno, wine this, wine that.
I'll just have a half bottle of Blue Nun.

For a treat try a bottle of Barolo from Piedmont in Italy, cheapest you will find is abou £12-£13, but I find it fabulous. :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Last edited:
I've got a cellar..no wine in it,just a bag of cement..gone hard:102:

In the £5-£6 bracket I find it hard to beat Yellow Tail.

Last edited:

I'm afraid that you're going to do this for yourself. Find out what grapes you like first - and in what combinations. And then you can set about finding out which brand most fits your taste buds and your budget.

You already know that you like Shiraz, so find out what a Cabernet Shiraz tastes like - and then a Cabernet Sauvignon and so on.

Beighton has listed some brand names. That's not as likely to be as helpful as trying different types of wines, like Joe has suggested.

And remember that you might like a different wine for different moods - and you will certainly need a different wine for different foods. Also remember that rosé is only for girls and cowards.

I'm afraid that you're going to do this for yourself. Find out what grapes you like first - and in what combinations. And then you can set about finding out which brand most fits your taste buds and your budget.

You already know that you like Shiraz, so find out what a Cabernet Shiraz tastes like - and then a Cabernet Sauvignon and so on.

Beighton has listed some brand names. That's not as likely to be as helpful as trying different types of wines, like Joe has suggested.

And remember that you might like a different wine for different moods - and you will certainly need a different wine for different foods. Also remember that rosé is only for girls and cowards.

I've never really bothered with types, I tend to go for ones with pretty labels or ones I know I like :icon_bigg

My daughter had a bottle of Cherry Lambrini last night (classy eh;)), bloody horrible stuff

I've never really bothered with types, I tend to go for ones with pretty labels or ones I know I like :icon_bigg

There are those who believe that there only two types - red and white.

... and that rosé is a mixture of the two.

My daughter had a bottle of Cherry Lambrini last night (classy eh;)), bloody horrible stuff

Also available in a 'diet' version, I believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669