Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly has 2 kids at local football academies (Wolves/Derby), my guess is that if he wants to play regularly he will opt for Wolves, if he wants to end his career in sucess at a big club he will come here, I have no doubts he would be good in the dressing room especially for our inexperienced strikers and possibly play a part on the field in games where we need a late goal however IMO i think we need players who will be in the squad for a few seasons

I take it that few of you have seen any of his rare appearances this season.

A shodow of his former self.

455 league appearances plus 116 as sub.

248 goals at a ratio of 0.43 goals per game.

Nah, we could do without that kind of dirty goal scoring bastard here.

July 2011 to present:

31 appearances plus 43 as sub

24 goals

In his most recent run of games (July 2011 to July 2013) 29 appearances plus 27 as sub

18 goals.

455 league appearances plus 116 as sub.

248 goals at a ratio of 0.43 goals per game.

Nah, we could do without that kind of dirty goal scoring bastard here.

How many goals a minute is that?

How many minutes would you expect him to play this season?

How many goals would that equate to at your rather fanciful idea of his scoring rate?

How many goals has he scored in his 5 appearances this season? 0.43 per game? Or considerably lower?

How many goals did he score in his 35 appearances last season? 0.43 per game? Or considerably lower?

What about the season before that?

And the season before that?

How far do we have to go back to see him scoring at 0.43 goals per game or more?

Why would we want to use historical data to try to prove that a has-been is worth another pay-day?

How many goals a minute is that?
I haven't a clue, have you?

How many minutes would you expect him to play this season? I haven't a clue, have you?

How many goals would that equate to at your rather fanciful idea of his scoring rate? I haven't a clue, have you? [/QUOTE]

How many goals has he scored in his 5 appearances this season? 0.43 per game? Or considerably lower? I think you may know. [/QUOTE]

How many goals did he score in his 35 appearances last season? 0.43 per game? Or considerably lower? As sub you mean? [/QUOTE]

What about the season before that? Not a clue. [/QUOTE]

And the season before that? Not a clue. [/QUOTE]

How far do we have to go back to see him scoring at 0.43 goals per game or more? Not a clue. [/QUOTE]

Why would we want to use historical data to try to prove that a has-been is worth another pay-day?[/QUOTE] what else would be more relevant, something like the Duckworth-Lewis method?

Last edited:
I don't know why people are getting wrapped up in him coming here or to any club for a big pay day. It's evident our spending is somewhat different these days, and I don't think for one minute we'll make an exception, especially for someone who is 40 years old.

I don't know why people are getting wrapped up in him coming here or to any club for a big pay day.

You're the only person to put "big" next to "pay day" in this whole thread.

That's probably because his appearances were in the Premier League which, as we found out yesterday, is a world away from the Championship.

Really? Losing 2-1 with several key players rested is "a world away"? Must mean something different nowadays.

I can see where they are coming from but ultimately the job is only half done at the moment. Players like Morgan, Nugent, Dyer, Schmeichel our key to our success and deserve new contracts. First and foremost should be the financial stability of the club though so you can't blame the owners for wanting to see what the situation is going to be into next season first. Hopefully we will see continued commitment and a bit of loyalty from these players and I'm sure they will be well rewarded if we get promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46