Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read your other post. People like him don't do that kind of pay-as-you-play deal. If he's not playing, he won't be useful. If he is using his experience to help the squad whilst not playing, he will expect to be paid. He is a has-been looking for a last pay cheque. If he was worth anything to anybody Pulis would have realised it and he would still be at Selhurst doing a job there.

We should not allow ourselves to be taken in by him.

He's coming. He'll be unveiled on Monday.

Nigel thinks he can do a job and worth a punt. I'm happy to go with that.

I'll send you a shirt with his name on :icon_razz

somebody whose fitness is questionable and who has barely managed 90 minutes of football in the past six months?

All very good reasons why he will not be getting a huge payday.

He wants to stay in the midlands and we will offer him his best opportunity there, I can't see for the life of me why anyone thinks he will demand a huge wage.

If he is happy to be used off the bench on a regular basis then I can't think of another striker with his goal record who would do the same, plus we have absolutely sod all on the bench at the moment anyway.

Hopefully he will give Nugent a kick up the arse as well, as KP would not miss the amount of bread and butter chances he has been missing most weeks.

My word some are getting very over-excited about Kevin Phillips... this, along with people kissing Knockaerts arse on twitter is doing my pip in today. Perhaps I should stay off the interwebs for a while :)

To be honest, every season my dad says we should sign Phillips and every year I say he's too old and then every year he gets a few important goals. Maybe this would be one season too far, or maybe my dad would be right again.

My word some are getting very over-excited about Kevin Phillips... this, along with people kissing Knockaerts arse on twitter is doing my pip in today. Perhaps I should stay off the interwebs for a while :)

So will you when Phillps scores the winner to send us up.

Our club have shown over recent months that we don't throw money away anymore, so I'm confident any deal to bring him in won't be massive.

The happy birthday messages to Knocky's mum are a bit ott aren't they :icon_lol:

So will you when Phillps scores the winner to send us up.

Our club have shown over recent months that we don't throw money away anymore, so I'm confident any deal to bring him in won't be massive.

The happy birthday messages to Knocky's mum are a bit ott aren't they :icon_lol:

Its embarrassing... I've just turned the re-tweets off from him - after every game the blue mongies come out in force telling him how brilliant he is and he's the center of their world. Twats. :icon_lol:

Interesting to see the polarised opinions on Phillips. Personally I'd be excited to see us sign him. He's proven year on year he can score important goals for teams chasing promotion. He's the kind of player that I think will be very useful in the run in and is far more likely to grab a goal off the bench than the likes of Schlupp and Waggy.

He won't play every game, but think he's capable of getting us 6/7 goals that could be important before the end of the season.

Its embarrassing... I've just turned the re-tweets off from him - after every game the blue mongies come out in force telling him how brilliant he is and he's the center of their world. Twats. :icon_lol:

Bert makes me laugh. He often tweets about how he hates people who arse lick, then after every game he's tweeting the players and their partners practically tongue rammed down their arses as far as it will go.

Bert makes me laugh. He often tweets about how he hates people who arse lick, then after every game he's tweeting the players and their partners practically tongue rammed down their arses as far as it will go.

Thankfully I dont follow Bert... I've seen a few of his tweets (that others have re-tweeted) and he is definitely in my twat brigade.

My thinking is that we create more chances than every other team in this league, KP has a record of being a top quality finisher and putting away chances.

Pardon me for thinking the 2 may go together quite well.

My thinking is that we create more chances than every other team in this league, KP has a record of being a top quality finisher and putting away chances.

Pardon me for thinking the 2 may go together quite well.
A true enough point

With Stringer pestering Pearson for an answer as to whether KP is coming or not, NP replied "Well... I've worked with him before. Last game that I was with him he scored a hat trick in. I think you can read into that."

Looks pretty certain to me.

I think he improves our squad and I would fancy him to bag a brace against any of these Championship defences. It's important that he doesn't get 20k+ a week just to come on for the last 10 minutes if we desperately need a goal. As he has stressed that he wants to stay in the midlands and get some first team football until the ends of the season, he seems perfect for us. It would be great if we could add him to the coaching staff during or/and after.

With Stringer pestering Pearson for an answer as to whether KP is coming or not, NP replied "Well... I've worked with him before. Last game that I was with him he scored a hat trick in. I think you can read into that."

Looks pretty certain to me

Did Pearson not understand the question?

Did Pearson not understand the question?

Pearson either; answers with an incredibly dull response that gives away no information, changes the question to one that he knows can answer without revealing any information, or (it seems) tries to be sceptical about whether or not said player is coming.

Pearson either; answers with an incredibly dull response that gives away no information, changes the question to one that he knows can answer without revealing any information, or (it seems) tries to be sceptical about whether or not said player is coming.
It's nice to see, isn't it?

You don't expect he will feature in any full games but he will be a great player to have around even just as an impact player from the bench. He reads the game exceptionally well and that will be great to have that rub off on some of the younger players. Also vast experience playing in the league and getting promoted from the Championship. Win-win I reckon.

Just had a look at this goal scoring record.

Even recently it's pretty impressive, especially when you consider most of those goals are off the bench.

More than happy to have him aboard for the run in.

£20k a week? ... bargain if his goals get us promoted.

Great experience to have around for Vardy and Wood. Could free up Schlupp for a much needed run of games out on loan too.

He needs to make it up to us for scoring that wonder goal to equalise for Southampton on the first day of our last season in the Prem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47