Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a great addition as a short term signing 'til the end of the season at least, to help try and get us over the line this season.

I remember my son recommending him to Sousa on the phone in before he went to Reading.
He likes it on the bench too. Scored a few in the Premier League when coming off the bench.

Isn't the reason that he wants to leave Reading that he doesn't "like it on the bench"?

Isn't the reason that he wants to leave Reading that he doesn't "like it on the bench"?

He'd get his fair share of games as we tend to play 2 up front and injury and suspension will give him an opening and if he scores He'll keep his place. Reading usually play one up front I think so he might be tempted with possible promotion as a carrot.

He'd get his fair share of games as we tend to play 2 up front and injury and suspension will give him an opening and if he scores He'll keep his place. Reading usually play one up front I think so he might be tempted with possible promotion as a carrot.

To be fair, who says we'd want him?

Classic Redknapp bullshit. I wouldn't want Phillips to be honest anyway

If the deal was right, something like pay as you play with a £500k bonus if we get promoted could be a shrewd move. His experience around the club, even more so on the promotion front could be worth having.

Le Fondre is a lazy git that is only interested in himself. He's not a team player with a work ethic so I'd be very surprised if NP had any interest. There are good reasons why he doesn't get a game for Reading.

Phillips is 41 in a few months, hasn't played more than short cameos for some time and I can't really see what he'd offer us. If there are 15 mins left and we need a goal, I get having him as an option on the bench, but I'd rather have Schlupp if I'm honest. The only sense behind it would be if it were a player-coach role.

Phillips would be perfect for us as an option off the bench.

Shluppywuppytits sure as **** isn't worthy of cleaning the blokes boots.

Phillips would be perfect for us as an option off the bench.

Shluppywuppytits sure as **** isn't worthy of cleaning the blokes boots.

That's true. I can't imagine Schlupp coming off the bench and ending the resistance of our opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46