Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are peoples thoughts on this? Do you think we could see a mass exodus including Pearson ? How detrimental to our season could this be?

I think there may well be a lot of busy agents over the coming weeks which could unsettle some of them. That can't be good for the club. I don't think we'll see Pearson leave but could well see some pre contracts signed by the likes of Kasper and maybe Morgan.

I don't believe a player based in England can sign a pre-contract deal with another English club more than a month before the contract ends. So unless they're heading to Scotland or overseas, we're safe on that front.

What are peoples thoughts on this? Do you think we could see a mass exodus including Pearson ? How detrimental to our season could this be?

If we lose our manager and half our first team mid-season? Might have an effect.

Won't happen though.

If we lose our manager and half our first team mid-season? Might have an effect.

Won't happen though.
Unless there are a number of Championship clubs prepared to ignore FFP and take the consequences later I would guess that we are not the only club in this position. All of the players mentioned know they will get a contract next season, either with Leicester or another club so I don't quite see why ( according to the media ) they are particularly unhappy. I would hope it has been pointed out to their agents by our Director of Football that the club can't sensibly enter into contract negotiations until we know what division we are in next season.

Maybe it's going to be another one of them Christmas presents announced to Leicester City fans, a lot like Jack Hobbs (if I remember right!).

I don't believe a player based in England can sign a pre-contract deal with another English club more than a month before the contract ends. So unless they're heading to Scotland or overseas, we're safe on that front.

My understanding is that they can sign a pre-contract deal from January even with another English club.

My understanding is that they can sign a pre-contract deal from January even with another English club.

Well then Football Manager is wrong.....

Nice to see "Strings" on the ball, this has been a rumour on FT for 4 days.
Could be an interetsing signing never the less (if it happens)

The players twitter unfortunately reveals very little as surprisingly its in French. Something about Calvin Harris, Beyonce and muffs I think.

Does anyone else think that Stringer is trying to whip up a fuss about the contract situation. He mentioned it to every caller post match on boxing day - it doesn't seem to have effected our form so far so I see no need to discuss it until it does or we sign contact extensions.

Stringer is an arsehole who thinks that it is clever to stir up trouble

Does anyone else think that Stringer is trying to whip up a fuss about the contract situation. He mentioned it to every caller post match on boxing day - it doesn't seem to have effected our form so far so I see no need to discuss it until it does or we sign contact extensions.

Stringer is a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670