Post Match Wolves 0 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Pope and Ederson (5) have more clean sheets than Danny Ward (4) this season.

Only Haaland, Kane, Mitrovic and Toney have scored more than Maddison (6).

Only De Bruyne, Silva and Iwobi have more assists than Vardy (4).

Understandably, Wolves lost belief once we got the third.

However, up until that point, they were easily the better side. We were amazingly lucky to win that match. It was one much better organised and committed side with no cutting edge against a total mess of a shape with some outstanding players.

Anyway, I'll take that any time. It's much better to be lucky than good.

Three wins down, eight to go.
Certainly didn’t fell like that in the stadium, always felt we were in control apart from the odd stray pass which put us on the back foot.

Noticeably that Brendon didn’t come over to applaud the fans at the end

We are actually defending individually like we give a shit.

Not seen the desire to win headers and balls like we have recently, I'm ****ing amazed it's taken this long.

I put it down to the new lad threatening to knock them out if they continued to defend like pussies

A massive win and huge confidence builder.

That said. We are almost certainly going to be in the bottom 3 by end of next weekend. The bad start means that we need this sort of form to continue.

Ward excellent, Faes a revelation. Our big names all chipping in with goals.

Early days, but positives. Praet has to start.

job done with some quality goals hopefully we can put in a good performance against man City, then it's Everton and Wet spam before the world Cup.

Re: XG I think we generally over-perform on it because we have an abundance of players that can do something a bit special. All 4 goal scorers as examples.

It actually exposes that we aren’t creating enough and the coaching staff is underperforming

Well for the second match in a row, I was scratching my head at half time, wondering how we were 2-0 up. Wolves were by far the better team in the first half.

Thankfully we managed to weather the storm for the first 15 minutes of the second half, and then Rodgers made some sensible subs (must have been sensible as they were exactly the subs I would have made!). After that, it was plain sailing and a deserved win on the balance of it. A completely flattering scoreline mind.

Still more work to be done though. We won’t score with every shot in every game, despite doing so in the last couple.

Just look at the names of the players who scored for us today. It’s embarrassing where we find ourselves in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669