Post Match Wolves 2-1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knockaert was the best player on the pitch. I know it's because he was on the winning side but Karl Henry did not deserve MOTM over Knockaert. He was positive and I don't remember him wasting a single ball all half. I thought Marshall was very good too.

Schmeichel was faultless and made a few good saves but in front of him, wtf was going on. Wes Morgan was a one- man defense today. Moore looked so shaky, I think it's time to pull him out of the first 11 for awhile, and both full-backs were abysmal in their defending. Yes De Kaet was good going forward late-on and yes Konchesky scored a wonderful goal but their first job is to defend and they both failed at that. Konchesky clearly hasn't learned from his error that led to Blackburn's goal. He must have on at least 4 occasions played misplaced passes in to the middle of the pitch straight to a Wolves player. Sadly thanks to our poor squad building our only options to replace these two are a centre-forward and a couple of centre-halves.

King did ok but Drinkwater was AWFUL. I think fining him every time he takes a shot doesn't go nearly far enough. He should be threatened with a spell in a Taliban prison if he so much as thinks about taking a shot. James, as with Dyer, did nothing wrong but that's because they did nothing. Both were completely anonymous.

I don't know why but David Nugent has completely lost any trace of the striker he once was. He should have buried that header near the end. Vardy was busy and clearly put it in a ton of effort but he never looked a threat today.

As for Waghorn ... Can anybody come up with a rational argument in support of why Oearson brought him on? After the Burton game Pearson made comments on how some of the players who thought they should be first-teamers had let themselves down. Danns, Gallagher, Schlupp in terms of playing up-front, we're clearly three of those players. Waghorn played the full 90 mins that night and failed to score but I guess he didn't fall in to that category. Waghorn wasn't unlucky when he hit the post today. HE SHOULD HAVE SCORED.

Speaking of the Burton game, one striker who did score was Futacs and he could have offered us something different today and he should have come on.

Given how poor we are throughout the spine our team I'd like to see us switch to a 4-3-3 with Marshall and Knockaert playing up-front either side of s central striker. I'd like that striker to be either Vardy or Futacs. I am a Jermaine Beckford fan and I believe a different manager could get the best out of him but I don't see a future for him here under Pearson. To be fair to Beckford, and I know he's a professional and he should give 100% for us regardless of anything and I agree with that, but having been dropped to the bench after two games and bring told he can leave and then being told he can't, I don't blame him for not being motivated. If we are to stick with Pearson then I think Beckford should be allowed to leave. The same goes for Danns if he is on Pearsons outcast list. It's sad because I think both could be positive players for us this season.

Of course there'll be no formation changes and it honestly won't surprise me if Knockaert starts on the bench in the next game. There ate BIG problems at Leicester. Good teams don't continually play well and lose. Promotion winning teams are not continually unlucky. Since the day he returned I have been behind Pearson but I don't think I am any more. There are better managers out there who could be doing a better job for us than he is. I don't have any names of the top of my head before anyone asks but they are out there.

I agree with the majority of this, except for the comments about Marshall. Good player but today he had a mare.

Knockaert seems a good enough stand in on corners. I'd even chance De Laet, his crosses were excellent...shame about his defensive ability

You do not buy Marshall and Knockaert for their defensive skills. They must be the best wingers in the Championship - and could find a home in the Premier League: but, you cannot stick them in to a standard 4-4-2 and hope for the best. You are asking two midfield players to stand, often against four central midfield opponents. Either you play two tough guy midfield players (which we do not have) or a 4-5-1 formation.

I honestly don't think that this is a revolutionary understanding of football; it's just common sense, but NP obviously disagrees.

Sorry, mis-read your post: you're talking of De Laet's defending. The point re: Pearson's team selection does, however stand.

Last edited:
St Albans.Now Arry not up to it!!!!Priceless.
The whole Arry thing is more silly delusional tosh
London -let us hope it is next Sunday and then you can be rid of 2 clowns for the price of one.

You do not buy Marshall and Knockaert for their defensive skills. They must be the best wingers in the Championship - and could find a home in the Premier League: but, you cannot stick them in to a standard 4-4-2 and hope for the best. You are asking two midfield players to stand, often against four central midfield opponents. Either you play two tough guy midfield players (which we do not have) or a 4-5-1 formation.

I honestly don't think that this is a revolutionary understanding of football; it's just common sense, but NP obviously disagrees.

Sorry, mis-read your post: you're talking of De Laet's defending. The point re: Pearson's team selection does, however stand.

Yeah was talking about De Laet's defending.

I said at kick off that we'd struggle with a 4-4-2 today and it turned out to be true. Why we keep persisting with it on the road is beyond me

most of the footballing world seems to have come to realise this but Nigel obviously sees things differently. if we had two forwards banging in the goals, you could understand his persistence with 4-4-2 but surely someone has to explain to him that we should at least have a look at 5 across the middle (especially away from home)

Yeah was talking about De Laet's defending.

I said at kick off that we'd struggle with a 4-4-2 today and it turned out to be true. Why we keep persisting with it on the road is beyond me

4-4-2 is the answer. We told this repeatedly by people on here and the radio when we played 4-3-3 last season.

never thought I'd say this about a Nigel Pearson team but we really lack a Wayne Brown, Jack Hobbs no nonsense defender. I think we also lack a similar quality in midfield. We have plenty of nice ball players and a good creative edge but we are physically feeble. I just hope Whitbread can make a difference or we revert 5 in midfield to toughen us up a bit.

never thought I'd say this about a Nigel Pearson team but we really lack a Wayne Brown, Jack Hobbs no nonsense defender. I think we also lack a similar quality in midfield. We have plenty of nice ball players and a good creative edge but we are physically feeble. I just hope Whitbread can make a difference or we revert 5 in midfield to toughen us up a bit.

here here, i wondered how long it would take for someone to come up with the solution to the problems...a few hard to crack types in the team would give it a far better ballance. A walshy type defender, and a lennon or savage type holding midfielder, just to prop the ball players up and be there for when they cock up. a good captain who barks orders and can see dangers at pitch level wouldnt go amiss either.

Billy McKinlay was good for a season. Didn't he play for free?

I was thinking the same today. Although I think we have that in Morgan, I think we need another one to play at the back with him. And yes, certainly in midfield. Wolves had two big strong players in there today.

I just don't agree that we can be continually unlucky. Once maybe, twice hmmm, three times on the bounce no.

We are defensively continually inept and we can't seem to hit a barn door with a banjo away from home via our strikers.

I will single Dyer out for special treatment once again as I think he is continually our worst player yet somehow remains in the starting 11. He must give one hell of a blow job that's all I can say. If 4-4-2 is the answer then clearly we are asking the wrong question.

We firmly now have a monkey on our back and I fear for the mounting pressure. Let's hope the Thais are more patient than a large swathe of our fans.

Tosh performance first half which led to an inevitable conclusion. Two back to back home wins required and a big dollop of poly filler ready for the next away installments...

Last edited:
Moore to right back drop RDL Zak in, Knock for Dyer Futcas or Beks for Nuge, the setup needs changing, btw apart from Konch wonder goal he ws also crap

sorry - cannot understand why you would have beckford, futacs and waggy on the bench away from home and only one defender.

Arrogance perchance? The decision to bring on Waghorn when you have Beckford and Futcas (sp) on the bench is simply mesmerising.

..........................Schmeichel

Moore..........Morgan............Whitbread............Konchesky

Marshall.....Drinkwater........Danns............Knockaert

................Nugent............Beckford.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669